Two Month or Three Month Rounds?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just the evolution of the game system, it'll be interesting because the game is then refocused almost entirely on time-dependent NS boosters like nukes and navy.

[quote name='Merovingian' timestamp='1313860296' post='2785112']
3-month rounds would make it boring for players who can never get very high NS. Also, it could result in a league of very strong nations far ahead of everyone else.
[/quote]

Building up properly REALLY isn't hard.

Confusion.

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1313860598' post='2785117']
Building up properly REALLY isn't hard.

Confusion.
[/quote]

Well, there's always the pile of nations at 0-2k strength the whole round... even active people. It's what happens when they set their alliance to 'None'.

I don't have a problem with building properly, I'm just saying that it might disadvantage some people. I think that a three-month round would be interesting to try out.

[quote name='Merovingian' timestamp='1313860808' post='2785121']
Well, there's always the pile of nations at 0-2k strength the whole round... even active people. It's what happens when they set their alliance to 'None'.

I don't have a problem with building properly, I'm just saying that it might disadvantage some people. I think that a three-month round would be interesting to try out.
[/quote]

Pro tip, the folks that have been playing since round 1 would know this. The rounds have not always been 2 months they were longer ;) and it was more enjoyable back then playing longer rounds. If people cant build correctly or join an alliance that should then keep the game on its same path of decline? I don't understand that logic.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1313862010' post='2785133']
Pro tip, the folks that have been playing since round 1 would know this. The rounds have not always been 2 months they were longer ;) and it was more enjoyable back then playing longer rounds. If people cant build correctly or join an alliance that should then keep the game on its same path of decline? I don't understand that logic.
[/quote]

And what makes 3 months better than 2? I played since Round 2 in tF, though I quit in Round 8 or 9 so I haven't played in a while. I plan to start again next round, though.

Would like to do another 3 month round personally. Two months feel way too short. Also, I prefer war at the higher levels of nation strength. Yeah, some people may not be able to reach others. So it goes.

Edited by White Chocolate

Give three months a go this round and re-evaluate the situation the next.

The more variety that is brought to these TE rounds, the more challenging the game is and the more fun we can expect.

Edit: Argh!!! Grammar!

Edited by dealmaster13

Please make sure no one can get WRC+MP in the first month.

Eg. Day 1: NRL, Day 11: Pentagon, Day 22: MP, Day 33: WRC.

Confusion.

Edited by Confusion

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1313863916' post='2785145']
Would like to do another 3 month round personally. Two months feel way too short. Also, I prefer war at the higher levels of nation strength. Yeah, some people may not be able to reach others. So it goes.
[/quote]

[quote name='dealmaster13' timestamp='1313864472' post='2785152']
Give three months ago this round and re-evaluate the situation the next.

The more variety that is brought to these TE rounds, the more challenging the game is and the more fun we can expect.
[/quote]

I'd like to see us try a three month round. It would certainly be different for a lot of people, changing the way nations and alliances build and fight. I love the potential for more mega fights.

[quote name='Merovingian' timestamp='1313862569' post='2785137']
And what makes 3 months better than 2? I played since Round 2 in tF, though I quit in Round 8 or 9 so I haven't played in a while. I plan to start again next round, though.
[/quote]

If you get hammered quickly it gives you a chance to re-roll and get to a decent size to fight again. When the rounds were longer there was more activity, higher player numbers, people enjoyed the game more and alliances chose their wars more carefully. The game has been on a steady decline so why not change it and try longer rounds? Or we could stick to the same old routine and cnte will diminish into oblivion.

[quote name='dealmaster13' timestamp='1313864472' post='2785152']
Give three months ago this round and re-evaluate the situation the next.

[/quote]
This seems like a reasonable idea in my opinion :) Personally I currently quite like the 2 month system as its gives a lot more laid back view on your what happens to your nation since your nation will be deleted before long anyway :) Saying that could be nice to have a bit more time for growth at the beginning of the round every so often if not always (I'm not sure if it would be preferable now that there have been changes to the starting amount and resources yet). I agree with Confusion about MP, although more in terms of not being able to purchase nukes within the first few weeks/month in general.

If you give 3 month a go I suggest you change the attack ranges to where you can only down declare 66% of your current NS, but allow any nation to up declare on any NS range higher than your NS [b][u]NO LIMIT[/u][/b]. (this will stop people from getting out of range)

A little bit of both. Have some rounds be 2 months and some be 3 months. And to you guys saying it'll be too hard with 3 months...... Isn't this TOURNAMENT Edition??