And, here. We. Flee?

Hadrian

So I just happened to be doing my weekly round of checking out alliance statistics this morning...impressive growth there Polar...VanHuek, I'm disappointed...'Shrooms below 5mil, ouch...but what intrigued me most was yet another steep drop in strength from our failing friends over in, yes, you got it, Gotham!

Naturally, I go and see who left this time. Well imagine my surprise to find that Diabloz, the Mayor of Gotham, had left for Sparta, Jaybooker, the Commissioner, appears to have left for his protectors and this Fien Zinfi character (you know, the one who put his name on an utterly pointless doctrine?) appears to have left for those impressively ballsy folks over at Organization XIII.

Now guys, I'm eager to know why you all turned tail and ran. Seeing as Diabloz banished me a week or so ago from the realm of #CNGotham, I have no choice but to ask you here. And personal messages would just be no fun at all.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SirDog' timestamp='1306230885' post='2717374']
More Gotham threads...when does it stop?[/quote]
When you stop reading them? :blink:

I [i]did[/i] put a warning...

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1306231522' post='2717375']
Looks like someone has a healthy addiction to not letting go.[/quote]
Please. This is a situation that has piqued my curiosity, I "let go" the second I was betrayed (for want of a better word).

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1306232460' post='2717377']
Please. This is a situation that has piqued my curiosity, I "let go" the second I was betrayed (for want of a better word).
[/quote]

If you're going to be curious about something, posting call-out messages for public viewing isn't going to convey an educated image to others. Just a thought.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1306232460' post='2717377']
When you stop reading them? :blink:

I [i]did[/i] put a warning...

[/quote]

Clearly you have let go, this thread shows that fact. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1306228235' post='2717367']
So I just happened to be doing my weekly round of checking out alliance statistics this morning...impressive growth there Polar...VanHuek, I'm disappointed...'Shrooms below 5mil, ouch...but what intrigued me most was yet another steep drop in strength from our failing friends over in, yes, you got it, Gotham!

Naturally, I go and see who left this time. Well imagine my surprise to find that Diabloz, the Mayor of Gotham, had left for Sparta, Jaybooker, the Commissioner, appears to have left for his protectors and this Fien Zinfi character (you know, the one who put his name on an utterly pointless doctrine?) appears to have left for those impressively ballsy folks over at Organization XIII.

Now guys, I'm eager to know why you all turned tail and ran. Seeing as Diabloz banished me a week or so ago from the realm of #CNGotham, I have no choice but to ask you here. And personal messages would just be no fun at all.
[/quote]
Apparently they've "merged"...
[quote name="Gotham forum"]This board is currently offline.

Dear Former Gotham Members,
Gotham has Merged Into Random Insanity Alliance. To become the best alliance ever again. Please Change You Alliance Affilation to Random Insanity Alliance and apply at http://rialliance.net/.
Thank You,
JayBooker[/quote]

[quote name='SirDog' timestamp='1306230885' post='2717374']
More Gotham threads...when does it stop?
[/quote]
I think it's over now.

Edited by Captain Red Sorrow

[quote name='Augustus Autumn' timestamp='1306232859' post='2717379']
If you're going to be curious about something, posting call-out messages for public viewing isn't going to convey an educated image to others. Just a thought.[/quote]
I'm not trying to convey any image at all. This is simply me requesting an explanation of some type from Diabloz and co. in an easily accessible location. Thankfully, Captain has provided me with one.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1306234913' post='2717387']
Clearly you have let go, this thread shows that fact. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Explain to me how I'm still "holding on" then. I haven't made dozens of announcements concerning Gotham, this is, as I mention above, a curious request of those former government members. But please, don't let my perfect logic disrupt that beautiful utopia of imagination in your head.

[quote name='Captain Red Sorrow' timestamp='1306235390' post='2717390']
Apparently they've "merged"...

I think it's over now.[/quote]
I see. Well thank you for that Captain Red Sorrow. I can see they took my advice about reducing the announcements to zero. :awesome:

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1306236108' post='2717396']
I'm not trying to convey any image at all. This is simply me requesting an explanation of some type from Diabloz and co. in an easily accessible location. Thankfully, Captain has provided me with one.

Explain to me how I'm still "holding on" then. I haven't made dozens of announcements concerning Gotham, this is, as I mention above, a curious request of those former government members. But please, don't let my perfect logic disrupt that beautiful utopia of imagination in your head.

I see. Well thank you for that Captain Red Sorrow. I can see they took my advice about reducing the announcements to zero. :awesome:
[/quote]

Get ejected from alliance...........check
Get butt hurt.......................check
Post a topic with logs..............check
Get butt hurt about the above.......check
post another thread.................check
Claim to have let go................check

Sure that's perfect logic. Of coarse I know someone else that has that same logic and claims he isn't fixated. I guess I'm banding you in his category as well.

Of coarse a curious request could never have been taken to an IRC channel, or if they banned you (I would have also) a message to their governments inbox on here. This thread was totally worth it and is needed just to find out that irrelevant piece of information. Of coarse though your perfect logic means you have let go. :frogout:

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1306236620' post='2717402']
Get ejected from alliance...........check
Get butt hurt.......................check
Post a topic with logs..............check
Get butt hurt about the above.......check
post another thread.................check
Claim to have let go................check

Sure that's perfect logic. Of coarse I know someone else that has that same logic and claims he isn't fixated. I guess I'm banding you in his category as well.

Of coarse a curious request could never have been taken to an IRC channel, or if they banned you (I would have also) a message to their governments inbox on here. This thread was totally worth it and is needed just to find out that irrelevant piece of information. Of coarse though your perfect logic means you have let go. :frogout:[/quote]
Firstly, it's course*.

Secondly, and more importantly, I can truthfully say I had not been butthurt in any one second of that episode. It was, in all honesty, a nice reprieve from the boring life of an average politician in an average alliance. Fair enough, the random boot was a shock (yes, it was random; I have yet to see any reasoning behind it) but in the end it was a case of "Meh, k." and from there things actually got fun.

Thirdly, that topic with logs was, until now, my only announcement concerning Gotham. Two topics is hardly "hanging on", and in any case, the first was a reply to the PZI announcement made by Gotham.

I know you're grasping onto every straw you can possibly find Hiro but come on, this is trying way too hard, even for a GOONSie.

[quote name='Diabloz' timestamp='1306237083' post='2717405']
Hadrian, seriously go look for something better to do rather than lurk on Gotham so much. Its ended so now you can celebrate with your fellow haters.[/quote]
CRS has provided me with the information I was looking for. You're the same as Hiro, assuming I'm "lurking" and "hanging on" to Gotham...man, you low-lives will look for anything that even closely resembles mud to sling at your opponents these days.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1306237338' post='2717407']
It pains me to agree with Hiro Nakara, cheers Hadrian <_<
[/quote]

Why thank you The Rebel. (this should be a first and last time this happens)

It's clear that no matter how many of the people that read this and respond to your thread, they are all wrong, and indeed you do not come across as fixated or hanging on. :lol1:

Seriously.

I'm not hanging on to straws, I'm just pointing out how desperate you come across as. I didn't post this thread. You did.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1306235943' post='2717394']
Very quietly then it seems, though I suppose with all the negative PR, a more public annoucment wouldn't be as wise.
[/quote]
That would have meant having *another* Gotham thread. Unfortunately, it appears we were compensated...

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1306237719' post='2717414']
Why thank you The Rebel. (this should be a first and last time this happens)
[/quote]

Probably... I bet 50 tech he wont let this topic die, while they're people calling him out on his addiction to Gotham.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1306238231' post='2717420']
Probably... I bet 50 tech he wont let this topic die, while they're people calling him out on his addiction to Gotham.
[/quote]

I'd lose that bet. I have no need to continue banging the drum.

Hadrian, you're making Hiro look good in this thread. Move on. Let it go. Obviously you haven't, because a quick nation-to-nation PM could have gotten you your answer if that had been all you wanted.

-Bama

There's no class in !@#$%*ing and moaning about an old alliance in public. And while I do enjoy reading the dirty laundry of other alliances, nobody gives a !@#$ about Gotham's dirty laundry. Go found another crap alliance or join some garbage alliance that will put up with you and let it be.

[quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1306249259' post='2717456']
Hadrian, you're making Hiro look good in this thread. Move on. Let it go. Obviously you haven't, because a quick nation-to-nation PM could have gotten you your answer if that had been all you wanted.

-Bama
[/quote]

Awww cute. Btw, as a leader I always look good. So good I check the mirror constantly to gaze upon my stature.

Edited by Hiro Nakara