This Week in the Network

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1303192323' post='2693341']
Though I've tasted droplets of Citrus Tears[sup]TM[/sup] in the past, I've never had a tall glass as I've had today. Today, I have been able to savor the full flavor of one of the finest products to be produced by the Network.

My sincere thanks, to Schattenmann, for being the juicer of many an ODN tear duct, to make this day possible.
[/quote]

Post the logs you had with TFE.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ODN is nothing like the old Pacifica was. I say old because I truly don't know Pacifica as she is today, but I have always known ODN to house decent people who try to be fair to their members and thrive in this world. Nobody makes it without pissing in someone's cornflakes every once in a while, but hey, ODN is still classy.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1303178834' post='2693019']
Look at me! Over here! If you don't know any better, read this and think it's important! Don't forget I posted it!

(insert pictures of avatar to remind the reader here)
[/quote]

[i]
Super awesome double great amazing read as always, Shattenman!!!!@@![/i]

Well, I for one liked TWiP and similarly I also like TWiN.

Also love the: "your not our side so this is terrible, I came and yawned, whats this supposed to prove, your slipping, etc." - the fact that ODN sent their entire OWF-squad to tell you how much you have slipped at writing this kind of stuff might very well indicate that you haven't ;)

[quote name='Keve69' timestamp='1303195450' post='2693410']
Well, I for one liked TWiP and similarly I also like TWiN.

Also love the: "your not our side so this is terrible, I came and yawned, whats this supposed to prove, your slipping, etc." - the fact that ODN sent their entire OWF-squad to tell you how much you have slipped at writing this kind of stuff might very well indicate that you haven't ;)
[/quote]

Hey, he $%&@ed up the post, and used only low grade screen shots. I'd call that slipping, unless my memory from karma is wrong.

[quote name='joracy' timestamp='1303195634' post='2693413']
Hey, he $%&@ed up the post, and used only low grade screen shots. I'd call that slipping, unless my memory from karma is wrong.
[/quote]
TWiN always uses the highest quality products. Those screenshots are .png format and your lies and slander will not stand in any court of public opinion.

[color="#0000FF"]I'm not going to comment on most of it, as most of it really isn't worth saying much on. But let me ask you, where did CoJ threaten TFE? I see the logs, but all they've done is inform TFE (who are all mostly quite new) that aiding an alliance at war can be considered an act of war. Nowhere in the logs did CoJ say they will start attack TPE if they don't stop selling. Of course I can see how you could spin it into a threat though, but it's more spin than reality and you still look ridiculous for trying. Still doesn't mean a threat was made.[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]I'm not going to comment on most of it, as most of it really isn't worth saying much on. But let me ask you, where did CoJ threaten TFE? I see the logs, but all they've done is inform TFE (who are all mostly quite new) that aiding an alliance at war can be considered an act of war. Nowhere in the logs did CoJ say they will start attack TPE if they don't stop selling. Of course I can see how you could spin it into a threat though, but it's more spin than reality and you still look ridiculous for trying. Still doesn't mean a threat was made.[/color]

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1303186014' post='2693182']
Dear me, do you really thing I'm referring to Wicked and Weird? My goodness, and you think I'm out of touch.

[b]Oh, Pingu, nor are you the Pingu I left behind in ODN. I've grown to fight for my ideals, and you have gone from defending a moralistic view to pouncing on alliances so long as you're backed by a greater force. My old friend, who here has shed the old skin and grown something worse? Hint, it's not me.[/b]

Oh, look, I'm showcased, huzzah.
[/quote]

Spoken like a true schattenite.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1303197666' post='2693440']
[/quote]

They've been quite clear on their intention to hit them. I was quite happy when it didn't actually occur, but there is a whole other thread full of bravado from Schatt and HoT that basically became entirely about attacking TFE, as well as many other queries etc. There was an intention at one point to attack TFE, that can be a threat, a warning, or whatever you want to call it. It most certainly however occurred.

Even if you guys are attacking me, I can't be mad at ODN, you guys are to much fun. I'm glad I got to fight you guys this war (and continue to get to fight you guys), MK was boring and GOONS were annoying when I fought them. ODN is like drinking a good glass of orange juice though, where you know they used tasty orange making it and end up drinking more rather than less once you taste it. :wub:

Rather enjoyed the read overall. Very entertaining.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1303179137' post='2693027']
I came here looking for something revealing and interesting, and didn't find it.
[/quote]

Whats the matter, you can't read?

Either that, or perhaps the light from your monitor is gleaming off your bare upper lip so intensely it is blinding you, preventing you from finding what is right in front of your nose. Hard to tell which.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='OsRavan' timestamp='1303181051' post='2693076']
Some people just dont get democracy. Am I supposed to be offended that I took a proposal to the ga (lulz term), was told "no, we dont want lulz we want an apology" and so went back to CoJ and told them "sorry, you dont need to do the lulz term but i do need x?"
[/quote]
You kinda lied about the reason CoJ didn't need to do the lulz term. If you'd said "The GA decided that was inappropriate" to Schatt then this whole thing would look a lot less like a steaming pile of crap.

The TFE drama is pretty idiotic. TFE are aiding an alliance at war, CoJ tell them this is an act of war, and somehow ODN wants an apology for that?

Still the MHA screenshot is probably the most interesting. Glad to see Prox hasn't changed.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1303206886' post='2693483']
You kinda lied about the reason CoJ didn't need to do the lulz term. If you'd said "The GA decided that was inappropriate" to Schatt then this whole thing would look a lot less like a steaming pile of crap.

The TFE drama is pretty idiotic. TFE are aiding an alliance at war, CoJ tell them this is an act of war, and somehow ODN wants an apology for that?

Still the MHA screenshot is probably the most interesting. Glad to see Prox hasn't changed.
[/quote]

::eye roll:: Yeah, I lied. It couldnt possibly be that Schatt has selectively posted (out of order I might add) clippings from multiple threads and conversations over weeks worth of time, and then *not* posted other conversations, in order to create the storyline he wanted. The reason you see so many ODNers laughing and making fun of this, is the threads (and logs) that were screen shot are actually available unedited to all ODN GA members. So we kinda have a first hand view of the hoops schatt had to jump through to make this work.

[quote name='OsRavan' timestamp='1303215436' post='2693518']
::eye roll:: Yeah, I lied. It couldnt possibly be that Schatt has selectively posted (out of order I might add) clippings from multiple threads and conversations over weeks worth of time, and then *not* posted other conversations, in order to create the storyline he wanted. The reason you see so many ODNers laughing and making fun of this, is the threads (and logs) that were screen shot are actually available unedited to all ODN GA members. So we kinda have a first hand view of the hoops schatt had to jump through to make this work.
[/quote]

Excuse me, I think that you're forgetting a few things.

First, Schattenman was in Vox. That's right, [i]Vox Populi[/i]. That makes him right about everything. [i]Everything[/i]

Second, Yawoo knows all about how silly the ODN Senate can be, having once been a Senator that fled the ODN on the eve of war to be embraced by their adversaries.

Shame on you OS! Shame!

:P

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1303190842' post='2693305']
Orange Defense Newhegemonyâ„¢
[/quote]
No, Yankees, the similarities between TWiP and TWiN are eerie.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1303192916' post='2693350']
Good read. I think people forget how un-informative TWiP actually was. Good read, Schatt.
[/quote]
Tech deals and banking complaints. These are the stock of This Week, the issues that face and concern the common man.

[quote name='joracy' timestamp='1303195634' post='2693413']
[/quote]
Boy oh boy if you knew the cost of TWiP. Your memory from Karma is not wrong, you just don't know what each edition cost.

[quote name='In Spades' timestamp='1303198937' post='2693450']
Wait, someone with a shoop da whoop avatar doesn't support lulz?
[/quote]
The guy is right, though, it's not funny. It was funny 2 years ago, it's just an obstacle now. OsRavan is obsessing about it though, and has this dumb reason behind it:
<OsRavan[ODN]> are you going to throw a fuss over the word surrender in these terms like whats their face?
<OsRavan[ODN]> or can we consider this done pending the odn senate approving and you getting terms with mk
<Schattenmann> Why would I care about temporal terminology when Justitia always wins?
<OsRavan[ODN]> its that attitude that makes people insist on lulz terms you know, right/
<Schattenmann> People's own egos make them insist on lulz terms
<OsRavan[ODN]> the reason lulz terms are so common is because without them too many losing alliances then go back and claim they 'won' due to a lack of terms
<OsRavan[ODN]> thats the historical reason why they are so common these days

:hist101: Thank you for the history lesson, Professor OsRavan. We do indeed need to stem any claims that CoJ defeated ODN in this war that ODN bravely fought against 20 nations that had already been at war for a month.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1303204238' post='2693474']
To be fair to Schatt, he does still think of me as ODN.
[/quote]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymLiw8dnHO4 We'll always have 2008 :wub:

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1303205101' post='2693478']
Rather enjoyed the read overall. Very entertaining.
[/quote]
[quote name='Emphix' timestamp='1303205264' post='2693479']
Nice read.
Nothing scandalistic, but it's still a fine read. I like the "very strong feeling" part :lol1: oh and the MHA treaty.
[/quote]
[quote name='8 Mile' timestamp='1303198722' post='2693449']
lol This was awesome.
Good job Schatt, you still have it!
[/quote]
Thank; if you guys had fun, I had fun.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1303206886' post='2693483']
[/quote]
Welcome to Os's World. <OsRavan[ODN]> In any event, we don't need any sort of OWF apology. But we do need you to privatly convey that you action was inappropriate to our protectorate

It wasn't.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1303216734' post='2693528']
Can I get a too long; didn't read? Lots of pretty pictures from ODN forums with little content so I figured Schatts running commentary wouldn't add much else.
[/quote]
Aw, foul, I read every Day Today even though nothing was ever happening in MFO.

[quote name='WalkerNinja' timestamp='1303215844' post='2693523']
Second, Yawoo knows all about how silly the ODN Senate can be, having once been a Senator that fled the ODN on the eve of war to be embraced by their adversaries.
[/quote]
The funniest part about this, without knowing the specifics, is that the odds are he left to fight for whatever losing side the Optional Defense Network was bailing on in that particular war.

[size="1"](OOC: I promised myself I'd never log in from public computers, but man, I just couldn't let that one go.)[/size]