This Week in the Network

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Os approached me to see if I wanted to surrender, I told him I see no need for me to surrender, as I'm doing quite well and a stalemate would be more accurate to describe our war since no matter how many I take down, there are more ODN nations waiting for their turn to fight me next. I let Os know that I'll be ready to sign coalition peace agreement when it involves both CoJ and 64Digits, but he said that wasn't going to happen anytime soon since CoJ intended to keep fighting for a long time before agreeing to peace, so my war with ODN continues as well and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Kerberos Nexus will fight until both CoJ and 64Digits get a fair peace as well, until then I look forward to meeting many more ODN nations on the battlefield. So regardless of how long this war takes, I look forward to fighting alongside you guys until we're all ready to come to an agreement with ODN on peace without leaving anybody behind to fight on their own.

o/ Fighting alongside comrades to the end.

[quote name='OsRavan' timestamp='1303180234' post='2693049']
It is not going to change our stance that CoJ should apologize for their treatment of our protectorate and our applicants.
[/quote]
"Our" being Pingu and Twizzler

[quote name='Chaoshawk' timestamp='1303180761' post='2693066']
The General Assembly is in charge. I know it's surprising that OsRavan doesn't have unlimited powers and can't always do what he wants.
[/quote]
A General Assembly of one.

Some people just dont get democracy. Am I supposed to be offended that I took a proposal to the ga (lulz term), was told "no, we dont want lulz we want an apology" and so went back to CoJ and told them "sorry, you dont need to do the lulz term but i do need x?" That's how democracy works. Contrary to the propaganda, if the GA has one vision and I as sec-gen another... the GA is going to be the ones to decide things. And if I didn't like that, I wouldn't be in ODN. Not to get all preachy on you, but the fact that our general membership is kept as informed as they are, and the fact that they ultimately call the shots.. thats the strength of ODN. And its well worth having to put up with a few leaks of public debate to the OWF and a few bad schatt threads.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1303180918' post='2693072']
"Our" being Pingu and Twizzler
[/quote]
Because it's completely illogical to understand what Pingu said as "Twizzler best represents my [i]point of view.[/i]"

But nah, let's instead go and jump to ridiculous conclusions to please our rabid, mostly fictitious, public. :rolleyes:

[quote name='OsRavan' timestamp='1303181051' post='2693076']
Some people just dont get democracy. Am I supposed to be offended that I took a proposal to the ga (lulz term), was told "no, we dont want lulz we want an apology" and so went back to CoJ and told them "sorry, you dont need to do the lulz term but i do need x?"[/quote]
It's not about democracy, it's about you being told that your idea was stupid and immature by your own Senate, and then telling me that the GA thinks we're not worthy of your stupid, imatture idea to keep your ego in tact. It's pathetic.
[quote name='OsRavan' timestamp='1303181051' post='2693076']That's how democracy works. Contrary to the propaganda, if the GA has one vision and I as sec-gen another... the GA is going to be the ones to decide things. And if I didn't like that, I wouldn't be in ODN. Not to get all preachy on you, but the fact that our general membership is kept as informed as they are, and the fact that they ultimately call the shots.. thats the strength of ODN. And its well worth having to put up with a few leaks of public debate to the OWF and a few bad schatt threads.
[/quote]
Oh boy, we're in Os's World. Twice now in this thread you have stated that the GA wants an apology prior to our conversation, while staring down screenshots of yourself putting it in the Senate's hands and then doing the exact opposite of what the Senate--the representatives of the GA--told you to do.

[quote name='itseZe' timestamp='1303180284' post='2693052']
I'm not even mentioned? I'm disappointed. :unsure:
[/quote]
I am! *beams*

So really, what we have here is Schattenmann proving that the Network is comprised of people with varying opinions. A valuable service, to be sure, and to a large degree accurate. But all these screenshots and nothing with a little more panache? The Network yawns.

[quote name='Mason' timestamp='1303180575' post='2693060']
Hmmm. Lacks of substance. I'm guessing the majority of ODN'ers never saw the screen shot of the actual exchange between CoJ and a member of TFE, but rather took their leadership's word that you were badgering TFE, which I didn't personally take to be the case based on the screenshot.

That aside, the entire edition is based on OsRavan wanting to force an apology and some lulz clause, to which the Senate was "meh" on. I can certainly understand wanting to set the record straight on how things actually went down in that convo, and I think you achieved that, but you probably could've done it with far fewer words and the need to use spies to show reactions within ODN. Nothing there that is damning to ODN. If anything, I hate to say it, but it makes you look worse for going beyond your initial purpose and blowing something less trivial out of proportion.

Oh well. Nice graphics, though.
[/quote]
Well, these are my thoughts as well.

[quote name='OsRavan' timestamp='1303181051' post='2693076']
Some people just dont get democracy. Am I supposed to be offended that I took a proposal to the ga (lulz term), was told "no, we dont want lulz we want an apology" and so went back to CoJ and told them "sorry, you dont need to do the lulz term but i do need x?" That's how democracy works. Contrary to the propaganda, if the GA has one vision and I as sec-gen another... the GA is going to be the ones to decide things. And if I didn't like that, I wouldn't be in ODN. Not to get all preachy on you, but the fact that our general membership is kept as informed as they are, and the fact that they ultimately call the shots.. thats the strength of ODN. And its well worth having to put up with a few leaks of public debate to the OWF and a few bad schatt threads.
[/quote]
What I think is far funnier is that the most damaging thing they could come up with is a discussion about whether a haiku should be included into a peace term.

Good job!

[quote name='Phryss' timestamp='1303181330' post='2693082']
I am! *beams*

So really, what we have here is Schattenmann proving that the Network is comprised of people with varying opinions. A valuable service, to be sure, and to a large degree accurate. But all these screenshots and nothing with a little more panache? The Network yawns.
[/quote]

What's that, oh yea, you aren't any sort of worthwhile ODN government so you can't really say the Network yawns... not that it would really make much difference. The point is, and was proven, was that OS lives in his own little world and doesn't listen to the GA, feeds them lies, and expects his sheeple to follow him.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1303181274' post='2693081']
It's not about democracy, it's about you being told that your idea was stupid and immature by your own Senate, and then telling me that the GA thinks we're not worthy of your stupid, imatture idea to keep your ego in tact. It's pathetic.[/quote]
On behalf of the Senate, don't put words in our mouth. Kthnx.

[quote]
Oh boy, we're in Os's World. Twice now in this thread you have stated that the GA wants an apology prior to our conversation, while staring down screenshots of yourself putting it in the Senate's hands and then doing the exact opposite of what the Senate--the representatives of the GA--told you to do.
[/quote]
It's funny because you're nitpicking posts, when there's other posts that disprove what you're saying. :awesome:

It's not about democracy, it's about you being told that your idea was stupid and immature by your own Senate, and then telling me that the GA thinks we're not worthy of your stupid, imatture idea to keep your ego in tact. It's pathetic.

[/quote]

What, sorry? Im not even following you here. We had *two* conversations and you quoted from both of them. I think you are (purposely or not) confusing your time sequence here. Lets try this one last time. You come to me and ask what is needed for peace. I tell you what *I* want, making it clear I need to share it with the GA and senate. I go to the GA and senate. They tell me they *dont* want a lulz term. They do want an apology. I go back to you and tell you no need to worry about a lulz term but we need an apology. You post your little thread here a few days later.

I think it would make a lot more sense if you werent posting random snippets of multiple conversations two or three threads, and countless posts. But it wouldnt be as good for propoganda then I suppose.

Not bad, but too long and wordy without enough substance. I understand the points but it would have been more poignant if it was done in fewer words - probably about half as much. That said, I'm glad you're back to propaganda and guerrilla warfare, Schatt, you're much better at it than at trying to lead a normal alliance.

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1303181552' post='2693089']
It's not about democracy, it's about you being told that your idea was stupid and immature by your own Senate
[/quote]
On behalf of the Senate, don't put words in our mouth. Kthnx.
[/quote]
[img]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/TWiN/rep12_small.png[/img]

The host requests that you please watch the broadcast before commenting, with thanks.

Edited by Schattenmann

You can do much better than this, Schattenmann.

The Pingu/Twizzler thing was a huge stretch, and I know you're clever enough to know it. I think you're underestimating the OWF's intelligence, which is an impressive feat, indeed.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1303181353' post='2693084']
What I think is far funnier is that the most damaging thing they could come up with is a discussion about whether a haiku should be included into a peace term.
[/quote]

We're trying to be evil, but Haikus is the best we could come up with.