Changing the prizes

I've been playing TE since round 2 and I know the number of players have dropped by over 50% in the past 2 years. Currently our number is around 1500 players. Personally, I don't additional tweaking to the system is needed or worth it.

You will increase the number of players by simply changing the prize options.

1. You have the option of the traditional prizes of the bag, water bottle, tee-shirt... Flag

2. You give the player the option of selection choosing either the prize package OR an SE reward

3. The SE reward would be 2000 in tech and $20m cash (or 1k/$10m, 3k/$30m) for a CNse nation of the winner's choice. Make it a rule that no nation can receive the reward more than once within a 1 year period.

I believe that many people in SE would cross over into TE just to have a chance to win the prize. Even better, the administrative team WILL NOT any additional costs. Many people are looking to improve their nations and this is one way to do it. Additionally, you may also see an increase in donations on the TE side as there will be people who are interested in the win.

Regardless, I believe this would be a win-win situation for everyone involved.

Edited by thaisport

[quote name='thaisport' timestamp='1301105143' post='2676601']
I've been playing TE since round 2 and I know the number of players have dropped by over 50% in the past 2 years. Currently our number is around 1500 players. Personally, I don't additional tweaking to the system is needed or worth it.

You will increase the number of players by simply changing the prize options.

1. You have the option of the traditional prizes of the bag, water bottle, tee-shirt... Flag

2. You give the player the option of selection choosing either the prize package OR an SE reward

3. The SE reward would be 2000 in tech and $20m cash (or 1k/$10m, 3k/$30m) for a CNse nation of the winner's choice. Make it a rule that no nation can receive the reward more than once within a 1 year period.

I believe that many people in SE would cross over into TE just to have a chance to win the prize. Even better, it does not cost the administrative team any additional costs. Many people are looking to improve their nations and this is one way to do it. Additionally, you may also see an increase in donations on the TE side as there will be people who are interested in the win.

Regardless, I believe this would be a win-win situation for everyone involved.
[/quote]I like this and think you would see a flood of new se players comeing over to te for a shot at that tech.

I really like it as well.

My one suggestion: allow the winning nation to choose the distribution of the prize. If rather than accepting the totality themselves they wanted to apportion it as 100 tech to 20 nations (as an example) or 500 tech to 4 nations, it would be allowed. As a result, you might see a more interesting political dynamic, as it would allow for a bit of horse-trading, and it would allow alliances to pursue the goal without only one member coming away with anything.

This is definitely an awesome idea! A 2000 tech incentive is sure to draw massive crowds from SE. A lot would probably aim to flag run in the beginning (to get that prize) but they would probably come to love TE for its own sake. If not, well, they can see first hand how we like flag runners :P And I agree with Thai that there would probably be an influx of donations on the TE side as well, and more money for the game can't hurt! Besides, 2000 tech that cant be given to the same nation more than once in a one year period doesn't sound like it would shake things up badly in SE, so its certainly worth a try.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a good idea, however if prizes are main motivation for people playing TE, then I think the placing field should be extended to the top 10. Right now if the playing field is 1,500 nations than only 0.2% will actually take something away. If that really is their motivation to play or not, they might consider that a waste of time. I'm not saying give everyone in the top 10 crazy prizes, but tossing some SE tech, land, and/or money at them while increasing their chances at actually winning some kind of reward would help.

[quote name='seixas' timestamp='1303349977' post='2695086']
This is a good idea, however if prizes are main motivation for people playing TE, then I think the placing field should be extended to the top 10. Right now if the playing field is 1,500 nations than only 0.2% will actually take something away. If that really is their motivation to play or not, they might consider that a waste of time. I'm not saying give everyone in the top 10 crazy prizes, but tossing some SE tech, land, and/or money at them while increasing their chances at actually winning some kind of reward would help.
[/quote]

It was a starter idea :) but top 10 getting SE tech isn't a bad idea...

something maybe along the lines of this:

1. 500 tech, flag, choice to giving tech to another member
2. 350
3. 300
4. 250
5. 200
6. 150
7. 125
8. 100
9. 75
10. 50

• 4 weeks later...

One major problem with this is that people will be bringing their SE politics into TE for a chance to grab that prize. Except less lulz and more curbstomps. E.g. Umbrella could drag all of PB/XX into beating up everyone else, and then share the tech :P

• 5 weeks later...

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1305917074' post='2715632']
One major problem with this is that people will be bringing their SE politics into TE for a chance to grab that prize. Except less lulz and more curbstomps. E.g. Umbrella could drag all of PB/XX into beating up everyone else, and then share the tech :P
[/quote]

I support some of the changes in individual prizes but I agree that there would be a problem with SE politics getting into TE. There is already plenty of that unfortunately.

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1308452846' post='2734349']
I support some of the changes in individual prizes but I agree that there would be a problem with SE politics getting into TE. There is already plenty of that unfortunately.
[/quote]
lol

But I think it would mix up TE, so I'm for it.

Edited by bcortell

I would be down for it if it were much lower. Like top 10 get 100 tech, top 50 get 50 tech, top 100 get 50 land, and such. It's enough that most people will join and think they have a shot at winning something, and stick through till the end of the round. But not so high that people will work hard at trying to curbstomp everyone.

And maybe a consolation prize of +100 tech to anyone who gets within 95% of the round winner.

I guess it could bring in SE politics, however if it adds more players and shakes things up a bit, I say we go for it. Lets face it, we do need more players, and this is probably one of the best, and easiest, ways to get them. I would venture to guess that most of us played SE before we played TE as well, but in the end, when we arrived here we adjusted to the TE way of doing things. I don't see why more people couldn't do so too. And hey, if the new guys do try and bring SE style dealings into it, the rest of us can unite against them in a giant war and remind them who's turf they are on ;)

At the end of the day, with rounds only lasting 2 months, it can't hurt. If it fails, and either nobody shows up, or it does result in the degeneration of TE, then just scrap the system for the next round, and all those SE types who are only here for the tech will go home.

• 1 month later...

I think this is a good idea however it is my opinion that many forms of "unsportsman like conduct" will occure, like an alliance "feeding" 1 person by allowing in house raids, multiple accounts ect. ect.

If we could some how discourage this then we might have a really great thing here.

It's not a bad idea, but the numbers are waay too high. 500 tech is a fairly big deal and will turn TE into SE's tech farm with things like SE Bloc A doing everything in their power to elevate player A to #1 including allowing them to raid people on their "side" and using "rogues" to attack anyone threatening player A. Perhaps give the top 5 the results of the donation deals at each increment.