Pacific News Network International: Issue 12

[center][img]http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr139/Atlis14/NPO/pnn-1.png[/img]

[b]PNN International Issue #12[/b]
[i]"She took our money, the car, the house, but she didn't take our pens."[/i]

[b][u]Table of Contents[/u][/b]

From Pacifica, With Love
The Negative Effects of Mushroom Fumes
Can’t get enough of that NPO stuff

[/center]

[center][img]http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq339/t47msg/npocar.jpg[/img] [/center]

[size="4"][b]From Pacifica with Love[/b][/size]

A great person once said "We can either stand together or hang separately." That was the choice that we were forced to make on the evening of January 24 as the forces of Doom House rode to war against Pacifica. As Pacifica reeled with the cheap sucker punches landed by the vile brutes of Doom House, there was no doubt in our minds that you would come. Come you did with your heads held high and your fists raised in defiance of the pure and total demagoguery that has gripped our world. As Pacifica staggered under the lash of war, you held Her firm. Together we advanced against the bloody tyrants. Together we will crush them.

It has been a month since the outbreak of hostilities, and we are still fighting with no end in sight. I will not lie to you; we face a long and perilous journey against our enemy. We will face it together. We will overcome any obstacle, face any danger. We will not be stopped. We will not fail. We are together as one, united in a common cause, untied by friendship and united in blood. It is a bond that will never break.

It is a bond that will only be strengthened by this war. Already individual Pacifican's are promising that once this war has ended, regardless of the outcome, we will help you, our valiant and noble friends, rebuild. Pacifica owes you a debt of honour, and it is a debt that we will repay.

We have many more days of strife as we journey along the road to complete and total victory over Doom House. We will march together without hesitation into the darkest night. We will share the pain. We will share the terror. Once that journey is at an end, and we are basking in the pleasant meadows and warming dawn of victory. We will share the greatest of all rewards. The satisfaction of knowing that as one united entity we stood against forces that sought to enslave us. That in one united voice, we shouted "NO! YOU WILL NOT!"

Keep fighting the good fight. We stand here with you. Let us march through this horrifying night towards the dawn of victory.

Written by galw708
The Pacific Press - A jackboot on the pulse of world events.
Proudly Part of PNN

[center][img]http://causesofbraintumors.com/images/brain-tumor-doctor.jpg[/img][/center]

[size="4"][b]The Negative Effects of Mushroom Fumes[/b][/size]

Recently, scientists at the Pacifican Research Institute concluded a study on the effects of shrooms on individuals. The study took place over several years and the Institute allowed the Pacific Press to get an inside look into some of the results from the study.

“One of the big consequences of prolonged exposure to shroom fumes is hypocrisy. Individuals who surround themselves with mushrooms have a tendency to say or act in one manner and, later, they will act in a completely different manner,” wrote one top scientist involved in the study.

The study began around the time of the War of Armageddon, also referred to as the Karma War. The study shows several examples of hypocrisy at this time in Cybernations history. Archon, the King of the Mushroom Kingdom at the time, became what was to be known as the Voice of Karma for the Karma coalition. He made several speeches in his role. In one such speech given in April 2009, he stated,

[quote] We will not sink into a smear war with them. Their sins are long, and they are known to us all. We will fight this war with no joy, and we will fight it with honor and dignity. [b]We will not impose draconian terms[/b], but we will not tolerate such underhanded tactics being employed against us. [/quote]

A few months later, in July 2009, the New Pacific Order surrendered to the forces of Karma. In the surrender, the New Pacific Order was given the largest and harshest terms ever seen on Planet Bob.

The study continued to show examples of hypocrisy throughout the Kingdom’s history. Fast-forward to January 2010, The Order of the Paradox preemptively attacked the Complaints and Grievances Union. This is a bloc to which the Mushroom Kingdom belonged. Members from all over the Kingdom rushed to the OWF to decry the attack.

One member of the Kingdom, Trace of the Malazan Empire, wrote, “Way to attack someone who isn't involved. I heard about this, but I must admit, I never thought you would actually go through with something so ridiculous.”

Trace also responded later to accusations that CnG would attack TOP anyway by declaring, “Only if you attacked one of our allies. When we like, had a treaty obligation to enter. It's how most people roll.”

Archon, later solidified these remarks in a speech to the citizens of Planet Bob during the TOP-CnG War. In response to a possible attack on TOP by the Kingdom, Archon wrote, “Had TIFDTT not wished to engage the Union, or had they wished to avoid the perceived threat, not attacking us or our allies would have been a really simple way to achieve this.”

Another member of the Kingdom, Tamerlane of Tamerlonia rote, “Honor except when politically convenient. NIIIIIICCCCEEEEE. I look forward to watching your stats fall and your nations glow.”

Tamerlane also wrote, “We'd fight anyone provided we had the CB for the job, don't take it personally.”

Many others of the Mushroom Kingdom decried the flimsy CB and called for TOP’s stats on a platter.

Here we see that the hypocrisy caused by prolonged exposure to shrooms is quite evident. A year ago, preemptive attacks were wrong, attacking alliances that are not involved in a conflict is a horrible idea, and that CBs were necessary in order to engage an alliance. Yet today, we have seen that the hypocrites over at the Kingdom will now declare war on an alliance without a CB and they will declare on an alliance that is not involved in the current conflict.

The Pacifican Research Institute would like to take this time to warn fellow Pacificans over the dangers of fumes from mushrooms. Exposure can lead to serious mental and health defects including, as made evident in the study: Being Hypocrites.

Written by Paintball464
Proudly Part of PNN

[center][img]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5471/pacmk.png[/img][/center]

[size="4"][b]Can’t get enough of that NPO stuff[/b][/size]

You may or may not have noticed, but the New Pacific Order has been receiving a lot of attention from the Doom House alliances recently. From the relentless trolling and provocation to the current war, it seems that the Great Homogenous Blob that is MK, GOONS, Umbrella and co. seemingly can’t get enough of us.

Even a cursory trawl through the OWF will reveal hundreds of comments deriding us, baiting us, insulting us and generally hating us.

I wonder why?

We’ve proved time and time again that we’re not the evil bogeymen portrayed by the tired routines of DH’s Karma cheerleaders. We’ve not been waiting in the wings, ready to pounce on the unwary as part of some fictional Ordinance of Orders, just as much as we’ve not been deliberately neutral, fending off all comers with haughty distain.

We’ve paid our dues, admitted and apologised for any actions we may have taken when we ruled Planet Bob and, to the best of our abilities, put this ancient history behind us in favour of a more enlightened and multi-polar future.

So I ask again - why the hate?

To quote a recent comment on OWF:

“Man, it must be awesome to be in Pacifica. This entire planet rotates around them. No matter what, no matter their political position or nation strengths, the whole of the planet just spins around their center. Bravo my Red brothers. If indeed everything dies....you will always stand tall in the history books as being the be all and end all of the Bobian politics and policy.”

The NPO, in common it must be said with many other alliances, is a community. We have the self-control and discipline to exist without the need for an external catalyst. But does DH enjoy those same qualities? I put it to you, discerning reader, that DH is nothing without the unifying force that is their hatred of us.

Let us consider what Planet Bob would be like if DH succeeds in their stated objective of eradicating the NPO. The chances are that our noble allies would either roll with us or eventually surrender and DH would reign supreme. But what then? Without wishing any disrespect to any other alliance, who could step forward to fill our shoes? Who could DH focus their bile on? Who, to be blunt, could they hate next to such an extent as to justify their existence?

Is this a case of yin and yang? I’m afraid it’s not that simple. The NPO will live on regardless, irrespective of what other alliances think of us, but can the same be said for the haters?

Perhaps the answer lies in one of the more recent podcasts from the guys at the excellent CN Talkshow. During an interview with Emperor Cortath it was freely admitted that before they declared on the NPO, members of DH were actually fighting amongst themselves. Many of DH’s detractors have gone to great lengths to paint them as rowdy teens with low attention spans, but could it be that this attempt at PR spin is actually true?

In short, does DH hate us, because they need us?

For that is what the NPO does – it keeps DH alive. It stops them from turning on one another.

We are the foundations upon which the Doom House is built. This is our strength, and DH, your weakness.

[b]Tl:dr[/b] - Everything must die? Be careful what you wish for kid.

Written by Lord Lookin
Proudly Part of PNN

[center][b]* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *[/b]

[size=2][b]PNN International #12[/b] ends here!
The next issue of [b]PNN International[/b] coming soon - stay tuned![/center][/size]

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Shadow the Hedgehog' timestamp='1299189725' post='2651519']
We have many more days of strife as we journey along the road to complete and total victory over Doom House. We will march together without hesitation into the darkest night. We will share the pain. We will share the terror. Once that journey is at an end, and we are basking in the pleasant meadows and warming dawn of victory. We will share the greatest of all rewards. The satisfaction of knowing that as one united entity we stood against forces that sought to enslave us. That in one united voice, we shouted "NO! YOU WILL NOT!"
[/quote]
Oh yes we will. :smug:

[color="#C0C0C0"][size="1"]Psst, by the way... your "editorial" cartoon is out of date. Olympus peaced out.[/size][/color]

Edited by Choson

[quote name='The OverSmug' timestamp='1299193549' post='2651593']
Bad news chap, Olympus surrendered to Doomhouse... Yesterday, that crook of yours in the image just lost its middle, oh well.
[/quote]
Well, they never said they had an effective way to win. All they need is just a little encouragement!

GO GET 'EM, SLUGGER! :v:

Good job guys, please please, don't let Sir Paul write up another one. You guys do a much better job.

:lol1: at the first image now that Olympus has surrendered. That mistake makes this whole thing quite hilarious in it's epic fail from a propaganda standpoint. The yin/yang symbol is pretty cool though.

It would be nice if we could read what it actually says in the top left corner. I'm reading it as "The Doomhouse Qtorg" which leaves me wondering what exactly a "Qtorg" could be and what does it have to do with that arabic chap who looks a bit like a dictator?

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

Great read Shadow, and to Doomhouse we know Olympus surrendered. You all didn't need to flock and repeat like a bunch of

seagulls because some picture has their name in it.

[img]http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/4559/goonulls.jpg[/img]

Edited by kevin32891

Great edition!

[quote]It is a bond that will only be strengthened by this war. Already individual Pacifican's are promising that once this war has ended, regardless of the outcome, we will help you, our valiant and noble friends, rebuild. Pacifica owes you a debt of honour, and it is a debt that we will repay.[/quote]

By your side, comrades. :salute:

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1299197992' post='2651679']
Great read Shadow, and to Doomhouse we know Olympus surrendered. You all didn't need to flock and repeat like a bunch of

[/quote]

I take offense at that, I am more of a vulture, or perhaps a very smug crow

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1299197992' post='2651679']

[/quote]
I like to consider myself more like a Corvus corax over Larus delawarensis.

[quote]Exposure can lead to serious mental and health defects including, as made evident in the study: Being Hypocrites.[/quote]

We will not cancel the Ordinance of Orders..................

[i]Days Later[/i]

Yeah we're going to cancel the Ordinance of Orders.

I guess you guys have been whiffing hard if you want to go back to 2009 we can go back even further. Hypocracy doesn't start at Karma like you're trying to paint, you guys have had 3 years of doing it prior to whatever you think we've done.

Good read Shadow. The bit about terms is quite funny.

I wonder if this part still applies...

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1240293085' post='1436061']
You believe you can have your way without consequences in this world. That is not the case.
[/quote]