Æsir DOE

[center][img]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa308/CorbinAtk/gungniredit-1.png[/img][/center]

Waxing poetic on the virtues of leadership, perceptions of the world and how it should operate and snipes at the odd ruler and alliance are often the norm in a DOE.

Not here though, we’ll keep it simple so you can all go back to more interesting matters.

After years of looking for an alliance that met my special requirements and demands, I've decided it’s time to retire from the peanut gallery and expend my energies in a creative manner. This sentiment, shared by the co founders, is the basis for our decision to declare the existence of the Æsir. It is our intentions to create a strong community with a focus on quality over quantity. We're looking to create a mature atmosphere where active and experienced nations can become the best of friends and avoid the drama that often overcomes new and old alliances alike.

The tl, dr for those looking for a summary:

• On 03/01/2011 the alliance of “Æsir” has come into existence
• OMFG has agreed to serve as our protector
• Our forums are located here: [url]http://cn-aesir.com[/url]
• Our IRC channel is here: #aesir
• Our government is a Trimutive system, each holding the title of “Hilmir”
• Those 3 individuals are: Thorgrum, Craven, HegemonRob
• There will be 3 elected “minister of” positions titled Landvættir
• The alliance is founded on 3 guiding documents: The Charter, the Member Bill of Rights, and The Creed.
• The Charter is below, the other 2 documents are available to applicants.

[quote][b][color=#ee4a2d]The Aesir Charter[/color][/b]

[b]Preamble[/b]

The Aesir charter is the 1st of 3 founding documents of the Cyber Nations alliance “Aesir”. The Aesir’s intent and purpose is to build camaraderie within the alliance and expand our mutual interests within Cyber Nations. The Aesir cherish above all else: maturity, personal liberty, discipline and honor. It is our resolute desire to employ all of these traits as we conduct ourselves within the Cyber Nations realm and be true to the edicts and intent of the 3 founding documents of our alliance.

[b]Section I. Government[/b]

[i][u]Hilmir[/u][/i]

The 3 high officials of the alliance who determine the fate of all matters at their discretion. This is a classic “Triumvirate system” the 3 Hilmir may make final decisions on all matters overruling the althing and the Landvættir, as they see fit or as necessary. Hilmir are appointed for life unless item 7 or 9 of the Danelaw is applied.

[i][u]Landvættir[/u][/i]

Is the alternative to the “minister of” positions in classic Cyber Nations terminology. The Landvættir run their departments as they see fit and appoint assistants as needed at their leisure.

[u][i]Landvættir of War:[/i][/u] Elected by the Althing, position handles all military affairs with the assistance of the Hilmir.

[u][i]Landvættir of Internal Affairs:[/i][/u] Elected by the Althing, duties include coordination of aid programs, forum and IRC maintenance.

[u][i]Landvættir of External Affairs: [/i][/u]Elected by the Althing, duties include coordination of diplomats, embassies (internal and external), OWF declarations and point person for all diplomatic activities. TBD necessity by Hilmir.

An elected Landvættir term lasts 3 months. Elections will run for 72 hours for all positions every 3 months starting on the first day of the election month. Any member, with the exception of Thralls can run for an electable Landvættir position. After the 72 hour election period has finished the vote is final, any tie vote will be decided by a 2/3 vote of the Hilmir.

[b]Section II. Members[/b]

[u][i]Althing:[/i][/u] The collective body of the alliance. Each member of the alliance with the exception of Thralls has one vote in matters that the Althing must consider.

[u][i]Thrall:[/i][/u] Member not promoted to Einherjar or Valkyrie, a recruit or member waiting for ascension approval.

[u][i]Einherjar:[/i][/u] Male warriors of the alliance. Once a male member passes through the Thrall phase he will be promoted to Einherjar and will be eligible to be appointed, or elected to any Landvættir position.

[u][i]Valkyrie:[/i][/u] Female warriors of the alliance. Once a female member passes through the Thrall phase she will be promoted to Valkyrie and will be eligible to be appointed, or elected to any Landvættir position.

[u][i] Varangian Guard:[/i][/u] Veteran members of the alliance who have completed a minimum of one of the following:

1. Fought in a war for the alliance.
2. Has performed meritorious service as determined by the Hilmir.
3. Has been nominated by the Althing and or a Landvættir for a specific reason.

In all cases a 2/3 majority of the Hilmir must approve the appointment to Varangian guard. Upon appointment Varangian guard will be afforded forum masks that allow them the ability to read and see most government discussions and comment on them at their discretion. The title of Varangian guard maybe removed should a 2/3rd majority of the Hilmir believe the person unworthy of the title.

[u][i] Jarl:[/i][/u] Any member that has served the alliance as a Hilmir at anytime in the alliance history and remains in good standing. The title may be given to any member as determined by a 100% vote of the Hilmir. A Jarl has the same accesses as the Hilmir, but no longer retains voting rights ascribed to Hilmir. The title of Jarl maybe removed by a 100% vote of the Hilmir.

[b]Section III. Dane law[/b]

1.Membership is a privilege not a right. Members who do not conduct themselves in a reasonable manner will be expelled. Reasons include but are not limited to: breech of CN TOS, disrespectful behavior, inactivity, unwillingness to fight, and disclosure of any internal discussion or documents to an external party.

2.Membership is invite only: A nation can be invited by any member of the althing, the applicant has to be vouched for by the person issuing the invite. At that time, the althing may conduct a Q&A session and the applicant attains the title of Thrall. Applicants without a Manhattan Project Wonder will always have to have a 2/3 majority of the Hilmir approve their membership. Applicants who are engaged in any wars will be automatically rejected until peace is achieved. Applicants who are subject to a ZI order or are an enemy of another alliance must disclose that information. Once disclosed the Hilmir will make a reasonable effort to resolve the issue with the 3rd party. Until a satisfactory end is reached the application process cannot proceed. The application process can be as long as a month, or as short as an hour. Until membership is approved, the nation/ruler is considered a Thrall and protected under the AA from offensive attacks only. Should a Thrall declare a war, the membership process is terminated.

3. Raiding: is permitted for nations who are under the AA “None”. If a member of the althing engages in raiding they do so with the complete and full understanding they will not be supported by the alliance should the target fight back. Members take full responsibility for any and all issues regarding the raid. It is the responsibility of the member to make sure the nation is not protected and is not a part of an alliance other than “none”. Ignorance of this tenet is not acceptable.

4.Wars can only be declared with an approval of 2/3 majority of the Hilmir.

5.Treaties can only be signed with an approval of 2/3 majority of the Hilmir.

6.Hilmir action: The Hilmir have the ability to change the charter, Landvættir decisions, forums or any other alliance issue at their discretion. Any such action requires a 2/3 majority of the Hilmir. Should 2 of the 3 Hilmir disagree and the 3rd is unavailable to vote, the decision then moves to the Landvættir where the 2/3 majority rule prevails again. Should a split occur again, the vote then moves to the Althing and a simple majority rules.

7.Succession: Should a Hilmir be inactive for a period of 30 days or more that Hilmir sacrifices his/her position. A new Hilmir is appointed by the remaining 2, should 2 Hilmir be inactive concurrently, the 3rd Hilmir will make the appointments on their own. If all 3 Hilmir are inactive for 30 or more days the alliance shall be considered dissolved.

8.Absences of Landvættir: If any Landvættir is absent from the alliance forums for more than 30 days at a time, they are automatically removed from their position. Hilmir will replace that member with a 2/3 majority approval for the remainder of their term.

9.Removing a Hilmir: From time to time it is necessary for an alliance to remove a leader. Should a situation arise where 2/3 Hilmir feel the 3rd must be replaced or step down, and he/she chooses not to, 2 additional votes are taken. The first vote includes the Landvættir whereby 2/3 must vote for removal to get to the next vote. The second vote is brought to the Althing, where by a 2/3 majority must approve the removal. The Althing vote will include Hilmir and Landvættir. Upon completion of all 3 votes in succession and in the affirmative the Hilmir is removed from office.

10.Charter Change: In the event a change to the charter is needed the same voting procedure as removing a Hilmir applies, except it is done in reverse order. (althing- landvættir-Hilmir). Any member of the althing can propose a charter change but that proposal must be supported by no less than 2 other members before the vote process begins.[/quote]

Signed:
Thorgrum - Hilmir
Craven - Hilmir
HegemonRob - Hilmir

P.S. OMFG should be along shortly to confirm the protectorate agreement. We welcome anyone with questions to register at our forums or visit our IRC channel #aesir

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[center][img]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa308/CorbinAtk/gungniredit-1.png[/img][img]http://www.omfg-alliance.net/images/OMFG3-1.png[/img][/center]

[Center][b][u]Ordinary Nordics[/u][/b][/Center]
[quote]Article I: Preamble

Ordinary Men Fighting Giants has a rather successful record of slaying giants. It is because of this record that the Norse gods, the ÆSIR, have sought protection from the almighty Ordinary Men Fighting Giants. The ÆSIR have their very own jotun (giants) to deal with and until they stand strong enough to defend themselves against these giants and all others who might wish them harm they will be a protectorate of the Ordinary Men Fighting Giants.

Article II: Protection

If the ÆSIR find themselves in a unprovoked defensive war, OMFG agrees to offer its assistance to ensure the ÆSIR protection and well being from said attacks, as its resources allow. Should the ÆSIR dare to hunt jotun, the OMFG may offer their assistance at their discretion. In a case where the jotun or any other enemy moves offensively against OMFG, the ÆSIR are expected to assist in the war effort on behalf of OMFG if a formal request is made by OMFG to do so.

Article III: Sovereignty

It is understood by both alliances and all parties residing on either AA that the sovereignty of each signatory shall be respected at all times, and shall not be infringed upon. Should The ÆSIR find itself in a position to have offered or have been offered a treaty while under this protectorate agreement, that treaty will require the approval of OMFG.

Article IV: Intelligence and Aid

Should either party come into possession of information that would impact the other, positively or negatively, they are required to pass that information along to the other party. When one party is in need of assistance, the other party, upon request, will do their best to provide aid in whatever manner possible as long as the resources to do so are available to them.

Article IV: Cancellation

At any time either party may decide to cancel this agreement. That cancellation must be done through private diplomatic channels. The Agreement remains binding and in full effect for 72 hours from the time notification of intent to cancel is received and acknowledged.[/quote]

Good luck Æsir! It has been great working with you all so far, I know you will go far! o/

Edited by Kill Joy

It has truly been a pleasure to plan this alliance with my fellow ÆSIR members as well as OMFG who have been quite supportive and helpful.

I want to encourage you all to visit our IRC channel #aesir for our DoE party.

[quote name='DictatatorDan' timestamp='1299022178' post='2648744']
[color="#FF0000"]Bravo. Best of luck. etc.[/color]
[/quote]

I was hoping you would pop in here, you are an extemely entertaining individual. Thanks for the well wishes, we'll see you around I'm sure

Edited by Thorgrum

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1299024567' post='2648796']
Hmm, would be better with Norse Chicks in Armor posted every thread you do.

Best of Luck.
[/quote]

We'll keep this in mind ;)

Thank you very much!

@Dibbun: My colleagues are just as likeable if not more likeable than myself. Thanks!