Five Years of Neutrality

dy Cazaril

[center][IMG]http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv276/dyCazaril/gpa2-by-astarle.gif[/IMG][/center]

Greetings, citizens of Planet Bob! I come before you today to announce the celebration of a momentous anniversary in our world's history.

Five years ago today, a group of nations founded a fledgling alliance on the Green team, which they named the Green Protection Agency. It was the first Green alliance, and in May of that year was recognized as the official alliance of the sphere. The GPA's founding came soon after the first inter-alliance wars, the GATO-INC war (or First World War), and the First Polar War. When the first GPA members saw the devastating effects of these wars, they resolved to remove the GPA from the arena of alliance politics. Thus, the Charter of the Green Protection Agency was drafted with the famous Neutrality Clause, and to this day the GPA remains committed to maintaining its inter-alliance neutrality and achieving success through peaceful economic growth.

Over the past five years, the GPA has gone through times of both prosperity and ruin. At some times, its values and ideals have been sorely tested. But throughout it all, the spirit of Neutrality has stayed strong in the hearts of its leaders and its membership, and has led the Green Protection Agency to where it is today.

For this reason, the GPA has decided to use the excuse of a round-numbered anniversary to announce the creation of a [b]Green Protection Agency Hall of Fame[/b]. The Hall of Fame will include current and former GPA members who have contributed greatly to the alliance through their words and actions. I am pleased to announce that for its inaugural year, the GPA Hall of Fame will be admitting ten people into its ranks. These paragons of the GPA were painstakingly selected by the GPA membership for their commitment to neutrality, their service to the Agency, and their demonstration of GPA values.

[size=4][b][color=green]I give you, the GPA Hall of Fame Class of 2011![/color][/b][/size]

[center][img]http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv276/dyCazaril/GPAHoFPlaque2.png[/img][/center]

And now for a blurb about each inductee, for those who may not know who they are:

[list]
[*][color=green][b]Abaddon -[/b][/color] A former GPA MoD, and one of the members who helped re-write the first GPA charter.

[*][b][color=green]creativedynamo -[/color][/b] President after the War on Peace, creativedynamo guided the Agency through the difficulties of the Reconstruction period. He is the only former member to have received the GPA Lifetime Achievement Award.

[*][color=green][b]Emperor Fu -[/b][/color] Known inside and outside the GPA for his 'fro-clad avatar, Emperor Fu is one of the quintessential faces of the Agency. He served both as GPA President and as a Green team senator.

[*][color=green][b]gamer42_au -[/b][/color] An economic mastermind, gamer42_au served the GPA for many terms as MoE, and was responsible for much of the GPA's early knowledge of CN economic theory.

[*][color=green][b]M_a_C_a -[/b][/color] Nobody has put more time and effort into GPA service than M_a_C_a, longtime cornerstone of the Office of Membership Compliance. Though he has retired from the GPA government, M_a_C_a remains one of our hardest-working members.

[*][color=green][b]Patjenn -[/b][/color] Before his nation tragically vanished last fall, Patjenn was the GPA's longest-running senator, and the "most popular" person on the Green team. He also has served as GPA President.

[*][color=green][b]Patrick Gray -[/b][/color] GPA MoFA during and after the War on Peace, "PDGray" has also served as MoE and President. He is well-known for his economic expertise, as demonstrated by the prosperity of his nation.

[*][color=green][b]Phil Gaea -[/b][/color] Not much is known anymore about this shadowy figure from the depths of the GPA's history, but Phil Gaea is attributed to be the GPA's founding member and first President.

[*][color=green][b]Thomasj_tx -[/b][/color] Master statesman, former President, economic powerhouse, Green-team senator, and all-around great guy. Thomasj_tx is the definition of GPA spirit.

[*][color=green][b]United Blobs -[/b][/color] One of the GPA's founding members, and served multiple terms as GPA president in the alliance's early days.
[/list]

[size="3"][color=red][b]Okay, now that that's out of the way, I'd like to invite everyone to visit our public IRC channel (#gpa), and [url=http://forums.cn-gpa.com/index.php][color="#008000"]our forums[/color][/url] to join in the celebration of five years of GPAwesome. :awesome:[/b][/color][/size]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats, GPA members past and present. We came agonizingly close to celebrating your half-decade of peace by setting a new record GRL, but it looks like we'll fall a bit short. We'll try harder for your 10th, I swear.