Open Source Alliance declares war

Andy P

[center][img]http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/4687/osaxfwar.png[/img]
[size="6"]Open Source Alliance Announcement[/size][/center]

When I saw the DoW of Doomhouse against NPO, I was outraged. And I still condemn that action. OSA's treaties are non-chaining for a reason, and this is it.

That being said, a tactic now popularly referred to as 'the iFOK manoeuvre' has been pulled once again, and to a greater extent than its namesake strike. Eleven AAs have declared on GOONS our allies, while none have declared on either Umbrella or MK, alliances who have equally attacked the NPO without provocation. The coordinated and selective attacks against our faithful allies represent a level of cowardice I cannot condone. A number of these alliances, including the Atlantic Sphere Union, have done so without any treaty compelling them to do so. While in other circumstances we might laud their initiative and values, we abhor their bandwagoning opportunism as much as we express our displeasure with Doomhouse's original actions.

While I personally do not often appreciate the public persona adopted by GOONS, they have been excellent allies and fast friends to OSA for a long time. We have often had cause to be grateful for their assistance (like preventing allies from being hit in the past and sending someone over to help with a programming project) and never once have they taken advantage of our relationship or taken us for granted. Given that history, and our own sense of responsibility, we cannot in good conscience ignore an obligation in treaty that was always interpreted in our favour by the other party.

And so, pursuant to 'A Very Basic Treaty' the Open Source Alliance recognize that a State of War exits between it and the Atlantic Sphere Union and shall persist until GOONS have achieved peace.

May the lights of Richard Stallman and Linus Torvalds shine upon OSA and her allies, and may the proprietary operating systems of our enemies crash.

Signed,
Andy P of Nolishiwan, President of OSA
MD Hammer of Hogwarts, Minister of Defence
Inflixta of Usael (aka Netjr), Minister of External Affairs
Jack Ryan of Marisopa, Minister of Internal Affairs
maxwell little of Hypertechnologies, Minister of Economics
Nolissar of Ripoaria, Vice-President

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Maleatu' timestamp='1296711813' post='2617224']
So, basically you're saying you hate what they did and how they act but you'll support those actions anyways? Good to know! Have a good war.
[/quote]

Nah I got out of it he was calling your pathetic friends cowards. :awesome:

Happy Hunting OSA!

[quote name='Derwood1' timestamp='1296711987' post='2617244']
Nah I got out of it he was calling your pathetic friends cowards. :awesome:

Happy Hunting OSA!
[/quote]

The only cowardice I see, is the clear and obvious bait to get an alliance to attack MK or Umbrella so you can call in TOP. As far as Pacifica and her allies are concerned; that's not cowardice. It's called strategy, and it's a subtle art most of you lack in large quantities.

Edited by Maleatu

[quote name='Jack Ryan' timestamp='1296712040' post='2617246']
When you sign a contract, you follow it to the letter no matter what. This is known as "Honor." Though rarely seen in CN, it does survive.
[/quote]

Honor? Your friends in Doomhouse have any?

Also where are the wars?

[quote name='Maleatu' timestamp='1296712146' post='2617253']
The only cowardice I see, is the clear and obvious bait to get an alliance to attack MK or Umbrella so you can call in TOP. As far as Pacifica and her allies are concerned; that's not cowardice. It's called strategy, and it's a subtle art most of you lack in large quantities.
[/quote]
Then shut up and enjoy the OSA war, cause it's a strategy. :blush:

[color="#0000FF"]While I do understand and respect your honoring the treaty, your choice of target makes absolutely no sense given that ASU has 51 nations under 10k NS, where as OSA has 6. ASU also has most of its large nations removed from the war, in peace mode.[/color]