Pacific News Network International: Issue 11

[center][img]http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr139/Atlis14/NPO/pnn-1.png[/img]

[b]PNN International Issue #11[/b]
[i]"She took our money, the car, the house, but she didn't take our pens."[/i]

[b][u]Table of Contents[/u][/b]

We happy few, we band of Comrades.
Why YOU are Next
The Waiting Game
How NPO Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bombs

[/center]

[center][img]http://www.allamericanpatriots.com/files/images/soldiers-honor-fallen-comrades.jpg[/img][/center]

[size=4][b]We happy few, we band of Comrades.[/b][/size]

The events I now proclaim are well known. The circumstances are well known. On January 24, 2011 the forces of Doom House maliciously and with out cause attacked Pacifican homes, Pacifican women and Pacifican children. As their hordes of vile brutes ran amok over our beautiful country side, raping and pillaging as they went. A great Lady cried in pain and horror. Never did She expect that so honourable and gentle person as Herself would ever be treated in such a foul manner. However, given the actions and motivations of these savage brutes, should we have expected anything better of them?

As the violence grew around her, the Lady's cries of pain turned to battle cries of just and righteous anger. The Lady is calling Comrades, answer her call.

Many ask why the Doom House attacked us? Why would they move against Pacifica? Why would they risk or fury? The answer is this, they hate us. They are a sack of hate, a skin of hate. They hate that something exists that is bigger and better than they could ever hope to be. They wish to destroy that noble thing like a petulant child. Well Comrades, let them choke on their hate. Let it destroy them.

We have known that Doom House is a home of hate and hypocrisy. We have watched as they mismanaged world affairs, and stumbled from one Foreign Affairs scandal to the next. Now it is on display for the world to see in their villainous actions of the 24th. The OWF, normally a hot bed of anti-Pacifican thought, has expressed condemnation of Doom House's actions. We are in the right Comrades. We have their sympathy. We have won the PR War. Now it is time to win the war.

What our foes have failed to realize time and time again is that we are the best. That we will take their cheap sucker punch and come back stronger than ever before. You see Comrade, they will never destroy what Pacifica is. Pacifica is an idea. An idea that all nations are equal, that all nations strive to accomplish the same goal. An idea that we must all toil and strive together. This is something that these villains will never be. Pacifica is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

So what happens next. We fight Comrades. We shed our blood, sweat and tears. We fight with ever growing strength on all fields. We fight with ever growing confidence. Know that our fight is just and right. We are fighting against pure incompetence, pure demagoguery, pure hypocrisy, and pure hate. They are contemptible. No correction Comrade, they are beneath our contempt. Our valiant and noble allies will rally to the cause. Together in a wave of righteous and noble fury WE WILL CRUSH THEM beneath the heels of our jackboots.

This will be a long fight Comrades. We have many days of trials ahead. We will face them like the Pacifican's we are. I have no doubt how this will end. It WILL end with our triumph over these vile and villainous vandals. Do you know why? I'll tell you why! We are not just going to stomp them flat, we are going to hold them by the nose and kick them in the ass. We are going to rip out their living entrails and use them the grease the wheels of our war machine. We are going to murder them. Murder them by the bushel. We are going to make them stand up on their urine soaked hind legs and scream in horror “Not the bloody Pacificans again!” We are going to completely and utterly destroy them with our courage, our devotion and our mighty fury. We are going to show them that treachery has a price. We are going to make them pay it. Go forth brave Pacifican, do your duty and bring our wrath to our enemies, and know:
That if you stagger, we are here.
That if you fall, we are here.
That in your pain, we are here.
That in your suffering, we are here.
That in your victory, we are here.
Never doubt:
WE ARE HERE!

Written by galw708
The Pacific Press - A jackboot on the pulse of world events.
Proudly part of PNN

[center][img]http://www.widnesvikings.co.uk/~global/_cmsImages/8502.jpg[/img][/center]

[size=4][b]Why YOU are Next[/b][/size]

There is a school of thought that puts forth the argument that this world of ours, with its nations, alliances, resources and wonders, is nothing more than an artificial construct.

Subscribers to this philosophy believe that the actions that we take as rulers of our individual nations are merely part of some virtual geo-political contest. To be blunt, our tech deals, trade rings, diplomacy and wars are all part of some gigantic game.

To these believers, we are not the mighty kings, presidents and emperors we think we are, but merely puppets at the hands of mysterious players – shadowy manipulators lurking in the background, referred in some esoteric tomes as ‘OOC’.

This belief has been debated many times before by scribes with far more ability than I, so why bring this up now when our focus is on the more pressing matter of war?

Because, while arguments rage over the officially stated casus belli of this conflict, certain followers of the ‘game’ philosophy have admitted that the real reason for the attack on Pacifica is that they are bored.

And some people, when they get bored, start breaking things:-

[quote]KILL EVERYTHING! THE CN HOLOCAUST BEGINS [/quote]
[quote]You don't realize that literally, EVERYTHING MUST DIE. If you wish to provide boredom and peace to planet Bob, you will seal your fate with your nemesis. War and fun are a virus, and this entire planet will be plagued. [/quote]
[quote]I like this. Lets get an eternal war going, it will keep the plebes interested in Bob and politics. [/quote]

Anyone trawling the OWF will find hundreds more comments, and even entire threads, dedicated to this destructive train of thought.

Some of these players have built their improvements and have a full compliment of wonders; they have more tech than they know what to do with and have infra coming out of their ears. Groaning with unused nukes, their soldiers outnumber the total working population of your nation a thousand-fold and they have a war chest large enough to buy half of Bob. Craving more stimulation they have nothing left but war.

Let this be a warning to those of you who do not possess the luxury of a huge, years old nation. While you may still enjoy the challenge of building up your realm, making contact with the wider world and doing a little skirmishing, be aware that the warmongers sated these desires ages ago.

And so they are attacking the NPO, simply for the sake of entertainment.

And if they succeed in their stated desire of obliterating us then they will grow bored again – and again – and again. If you are lucky they will turn on each other before you come to their attention, but otherwise, eventually, you will be next.

Written by Lord Lookin
Proudly part of PNN

[center][img]http://fathertheo.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/trench.jpg[/img][/center]

[size=4][b]The Waiting Game[/b][/size]

The command center buzzed with activity. in the front a two story tall screen displayed a map of planet bob looking very festive covered in colored dots, lines and wedges. It looked as though Mardi Gra had come early until one realized that the dots and wedges represented mass troop movements in the ongoing global war that was even now sweeping around to envelop the globe. [i]Still[/i], the lone figure standing upon a raised platform at the back of the room mused, [i]the screen would look right at home in a gay pride parade[/i]. Sighing he turned back to the screen. The wait was killing him, over forty hours after the start of hostilities and he still sat waiting for an attack or orders to strike. All he could do until then was tell his men to dig in along the most likely fronts and wait.

A flurry of activity off to his right caused him to turn, as he did so he glanced across the neatly spaced rows of work stations arrayed between the platform on which he stood and the massive screen on the far wall. A young soldier ascended the stair case off to his right taking the stairs two at a time, saluting before he approached. A piece of paper traded hands, then the soldier descended the stairs vanishing into the sea of activity below. Leaning a hip on the railing ringing the platform he quickly read the short note.

Intelligence reports that Goon forces assaulting the city of Ravnica are over extended. You are hereby ordered to assault Mulletropolis with all possible haste. Cut off their lead units and annihilate them.

-Milcom

Smiling to him self he swept down the stairs and strode over to one of the work stations. The waiting game had finally ended.

Written by I'm Good Not God
Proudly part of PNN

[center][img]http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/381/610xks7.jpg[/img][/center]

[b][size="4"]How NPO Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bombs[/size][/b]

They struck in the heart of the night – in the hour when honest folk sleep and coward thieves wreaked their mischief. The New Pacific Order had been lured into false sense of hope that the Enemy would tolerate the era of Peace, Strength, and Prosperity promised by Pacificans, and they paid, they did, for such delusion; now, the Enemy’s vile intentions are unmasked, they wanted war, they wanted destruction and havoc. And so Pacifica is obliged to take up the fight for her freedom yet again.

Although the NPO High Command made certain that all nations serving the Emperor are ever vigilant for the day in which their service may be required, admittedly the sudden attack still sent a reeling shockwave throughout Pacifica’s defensive line. Not because Pacificans slacked their warlike watchfulness from the long peace, certainly not, it is rather because an unprovoked attack is the least they expected from their adversaries – they are trained to fight a war, not a sneak attack. Cybernations have rarely witnessed such blatant aggression by established alliances.

However, morale is generally high in Pacifican hegemony. With this war a new atmosphere among Pacificans is introduced. After the brutal struggles for months in Karma War, NPO adopts a sense that wars in Planet Bob have become an entertainment for them. It is after all a Cyberverse without stability and protection after the so-called Karma Coalition won the war, and in such a decentralized, anarchical realm, Pacificans developed a fatalistic acceptance of uncertainty in nature of post-Karma warfare. Anything can happen, especially the unthinkable events like military defeat of the Order. Then why so serious? Pacificans have learned to stop worrying and love the bombs. Threads are created in NPO internal forums, joking and teasing with each other about the sport-like exploits in ongoing war. One boasted collection of ridiculous messages from the enemy, while another offered awesome Battle Reports. Such as:

[center][img]http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1402/newbitmapimagepn.png[/img]

or

[img]http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww341/Teeters/haha.png[/img]

and

[img]http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1730/epicplaneloss.jpg[/img][/center]

Surely, the war is still too soon to dictate the winner, or even to agree on who has the upper hand right now. But one thing is certain: Pacificans are and will be carrying the good fights until they are instructed by their Emperor to halt their fury upon the Enemy. Some alliances have been evidently deluded into assumption that Pacifica is sleeping, they falsely believed that they could poke to kill the dragon with their pathetic stick, and now they are facing the rekindled might and spirit of the New Pacific Order. It will take much more than a sneak attack to break the Pacifican defense.

Written by Thomas Richmond
Proudly part of PNN

[center][b]* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *[/b]

[size=2][b]PNN International #11[/b] ends here!
The next issue of [b]PNN International[/b] coming soon - stay tuned![/center][/size]

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A good read.

I prefer your non-worrying attitude, as warfare is more enjoyable when you actually enjoy it :)

And yes, we are all aware of your argument that DH had no CB, but taking it in stride will win you more friends out here.

o/ Pacifica

[quote name='Dibbun' timestamp='1296690506' post='2616693']
A good read.

I prefer your non-worrying attitude, as warfare is more enjoyable when you actually enjoy it :)

And yes, we are all aware of your argument that DH had no CB, but taking it in stride will win you more friends out here.

o/ Pacifica
[/quote]

Didn't know there was an argument, I was pretty positive it was common sense lol

[quote name='thedestro' timestamp='1296690360' post='2616688']
You really could've used more face-palm worthy "samples" in there. Someone spying for CM's when you have no CM's for instance :awesome: (happened to me)
[/quote]This happened to me as well. When I asked GOONS about it, they told me that it was a part of their secret strategy and that I was dumb and wouldn't understand :v:

[quote name='Dibbun' timestamp='1296690506' post='2616693']
A good read.

o/ Pacifica
[/quote]
Sparta thrust a knife into NPO's backside over less in the past, crying moral outrage. But that's besides the point; The point is, who the hell would want to win Sparta as a friend?

[quote name='TheyCallMeJeezy' timestamp='1296692416' post='2616729']
I enjoyed the read. I wish the other side would put forth the effort in some decent writings every now and then.
[/quote]

When your "side" put forth some decent writings we'll think about it.