Tanks to U BD

[center][img]http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww69/WhiteChocolate669/SCWarFlag.jpg[/img][/center]

“We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it.”
-Henry V

The Sandwich Confederation (SC) is a peaceful alliance. We have existed as an alliance over a year and most of us have known each other far longer. Our primary interest is the buying and sale of our sandwiches (technology). Although we do not condone the use of spies and we believe attacking an alliance without a traditional CB is wrong, for us to get militarily involved in the treaty web, even over such conflicts, is something we try to avoid. War is bad for business.

However, recently the United Blue Directorate attacked a very close, long term ally which is much smaller than they. Although we realize that using overwhelming force is not avoided on Planet Bob as a tactic, we can not ethically stay neutral while close friends toil tirelessly in the trenches. Thus, we have decided for the first time as an alliance to put away our knives and dust off our tanks.

The Sandwich Confederation, through Article IV, of the optional NEATly Pact Sandwiches Treaty, hereby declares war on the United Blue Directorate in support of Nations Empowered Against Totalitarianism. We will support NEAT until NEAT has signed a peace agreement; no less, no more. Until that time, :salute:

Admin, forgive us for what we are about to unleash on another alliance…

Signed,

The Plate of the Sandwich Confederation

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1296363737' post='2610454']
War declarations are tactical and political, so I don't fault UBD for what was clearly a strategic declaration of war. Nonetheless, I still wish them a speedy defeat.

And hopefully my friends in SC will offer them lenient surrender terms when the time comes.

-Craig
[/quote]

You are supposed to say that in private. In public you are supposed to say that they are cowards :ehm: .

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1296363737' post='2610454']
War declarations are tactical and political, so I don't fault UBD for what was clearly a strategic declaration of war. Nonetheless, I still wish them a speedy defeat.

And hopefully my friends in SC will offer them lenient surrender terms when the time comes.

-Craig
[/quote]

:salute: As you wish, old friend :D

While I have friends within this DoW and I understand their desire to aid a treaty partner. I am surprised and saddened that they would choose to support a war that was started first by false spy reports and then expanded with another war that has no reason behind it. I wonder what will happen if these aggressions are not stopped? Will Bob turn into a constant state of tech raids and wars at will? I for one can not support anything that moves Bob in that direction.