An Imperial Decree

[center][img]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh39/Space_cuba/Europabanner-1.png[/img]
[/center][center]
[/center][center]
[/center][center][center][center][size="3"]*giggles*[/size][/center][/center]
[center][center][i] [/i][/center][/center]
[center][center][size="3"][i]Oh my name is Francis Tolliver, I come from Liverpool[/i][i]
Two years ago the war was waiting for me after school…[/i][/size][/center][/center]
[center][center][size="3"]Good day everybody. Sorry to poke our heads in, we understand a lot of you are in a war and all, but we think we have some business to discuss. As many of you know, Europa recently declared war on the Orange Defense Network in response to their attack on our allies at FEAR. As any good allies would do, their friends at Sparta hit us back. We expected this. [/size][/center][/center]
[center][center] [/center][/center]
[center][center][size="3"]Now, what next? An attack on one is an attack on all, right? Well, let me delve into this whole "Treaty" thing a bit:[/size][/center][/center]
[center][center][size="3"]We signed a Mutual [b]Defense [/b]Pact with TLK, The United Blue Directorate, and Regnum Invictorum, and an MADP with Wolfpack, because we know, from past experiences, just how loyal they were. We hold all of them near and dear to our hearts. But sadly, we are not the allies you think us to be. [/size][/center][/center]
[center][center][size="3"]Yes, when we see the "Defense" part of that treaty, we realize that means "Defend by any means possible". And while many of you may see that simply as a military defense clause, we read further into it than that. The best way to defend our allies is to not get them hurt. And if that means Europa takes a dive further than she would have with help, then so be it. We believe in the greatest good for the greatest number of people, in this case, nations. [/size][/center][/center]
[center][center][size="3"][b]As such, Europa is not calling on her allies in TLK, UBD, Invicta or Wolfpack to defend in this time of war. [/b]Doing so would be contrary to our beliefs, and would not be for the greater good of our allies. We can take this fall. They shouldn't have to.This isn't their war, there is no reason for them to lose all they've worked for because of an obligation to an obligation. We don't operate that way. DO NOT accuse our allies of cowardice. They were all jumping at the bit to defend us. [/size][/center][/center]
[center][center][size="3"]Merry Christmas to our allies, we hope you enjoy your present. And to all those indirectly tied to us through our allies, you're welcome. [/size][/center][/center]
[center][center][size="3"][i]Oh my name is Francis Tolliver, from Liverpool I dwell[/i][i]
Each Christmas comes since World War I have learned its lesson well
For the one who calls the shots won't be among the dead and lame
And on each end of the rifle we're the same.[/i][/size][/center][/center]
[center][center][b][size="3"]Signed for Europa's Baskin Robins Council:[/size][/b][/center][/center]
[center][center][font="Arial, sans-serif"][size="3"]Emperador del Oeste – Big Banana[/size][/font][/center][/center]
[center][center][i][font="Arial, sans-serif"][size="3"]"Joey ,you ever seen a grown man naked?"[/size][/font][/i][/center][/center]
[center][center][font="Arial, sans-serif"][size="3"]Kongo Jack – Mint Ayatollah [/size][/font][/center][/center]
[center][center][i][font="Arial, sans-serif"][size="3"]"Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!"[/size][/font][/i][/center][/center]
[center][center][font="Arial, sans-serif"][size="3"]TheFlyingLobster – Vanilla Ayatollah [/size][/font][/center][/center]
[center][center][i][font="Arial, sans-serif"][size="3"]"Mothman's in an asylum in Maine." [/size][/font][/i][/center][/center]
[center][center][font="Arial, sans-serif"][size="3"]Ernesto Che Guevara – Strawberry Ayatollah[/size][/font][/center][/center]
[center][center][i][font="Arial, sans-serif"][size="3"]"I can't read it, there's no words on it!"[/size][/font][/i][/center][/center]
[center][center][i][font="Arial, sans-serif"] [/font][/i][/center][/center]
[center][center][font="Arial, sans-serif"][size="3"]Tl;dr: Europa won't be your lapdog, we aren't expanding this war and hurting our friends. So you can run and tell that Homeboy (of TPE). [/size][/font][/center][/center]
[center][center][font="Arial, sans-serif"][size="2"]*No copyright infringement upon NPO or Cortath was intended in the style of both the title and beginning of this topic. Any likeness is completely unintentional. Sorta. [/size][/font][/center][/center]
[/center]

Edited by Ernesto Che Guevara

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1293049340' post='2550262']
Oh come the $%&@ on. It's a harmless, consequence free war. What are you afraid of the white peace our side would give you?

cowards.
[/quote]

I sincerely hope this is sarcasm. There is no cowardice among our allies. In fact, several of them were quite upset to not get to fight. Please do not start that.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1293049340' post='2550262']Oh come the $%&@ on. It's a harmless, consequence free war. What are you afraid of the white peace our side would give you?

cowards.[/quote]
Oh please, we both know you only countered them so you (and your allies) could stomp their allies. They called your bluff, get over it.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1293049524' post='2550268']
Oh please, we both know you only countered them so you (and your allies) could stomp their allies. They called your bluff, get over it.
[/quote]
You really have no idea how to fight large wars do you...

[quote name='Gamemaster1' timestamp='1293049587' post='2550271']
Can the rest of the world hold you to that or is it just meaningless jabber?
[/quote]
No, Sparta has firmly stated we will not be giving terms to anyone. We're in this war for fun, not profit. I'm shocked the rest of the world isn't doing the same.

Edited by Hyperion321

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1293049436' post='2550265']
I sincerely hope this is sarcasm. There is no cowardice among our allies. In fact, several of them were quite upset to not get to fight. Please do not start that.
[/quote]

if there that upset about not getting to fight then they should fight anyways. by not fighting(if they really want to) there letting you take away there sovereignty.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1293049683' post='2550277']You really have no idea how to fight large wars do you...[/quote]
Which is why your move made this happen right? Unless your goal was to limit the war to you beating on alliances that are collectively about 1/7th of your strength.

If that [b]was[/b] your goal, then I guess I've mistaken you and you should be commended. :v:

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='RebelBreeze' timestamp='1293049725' post='2550281']
Not asking your allies to help is honorable but not in your case. I believe around 50% of your alliance is in Anarchy... you need your allies to help but whatever... ODN will watch you burn
[/quote]

Oh, don't you worry about our nations. They're protected by a thick layer of apathy.

Regardless, our allies have promised us much aid after the war. I'll use my money to smother the fires that are slowly devouring every square inch of my nation.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1293049841' post='2550286']
Oh, don't you worry about our nations. They're protected by a thick layer of apathy.

Regardless, our allies have promised us much aid after the war. I'll use my money to smother the fires that are slowly devouring every square inch of my nation.
[/quote]

That is if your alliance is still an alliance after the war

[quote name='RebelBreeze' timestamp='1293050093' post='2550290']
That is if your alliance is still an alliance after the war
[/quote]

I believe the motto of Europa is "Meh, come at me bro". You've never seen apathy with so much power. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/smug.gif[/img]