A New Chapter for Purple

Axolotlia

[center][img]http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r471/SeipherCaim/DPPOP1.png[/img][/center]

I am proud to announce the newest economic bloc on Planet Bob, for the betterment of the Purple Sphere. These amazing undersigned alliances have come together in an effort to work together in order to economically thrive.

A special thanks to Band20 and Kellory of AODB for being two of the driving forces behind this treaty!

The forums for PoP are located [url=http://www.prosperityonpurple.webege.com/smf_1-1-11_install/][b]here[/b][/url] and the public IRC channel for PoP is located at #pop so come by to party on purple or if you have any inquiries!

Now for the treaty itself:

[quote][center][img]http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r471/SeipherCaim/pop2.png[/img][/center]

[b]
Introduction:[/b]
The following signatory alliances have gathered to create a new sphere of economic prosperity on the purple team, to be known as Prosperity on Purple (PoP). In the spirit of cooperation the signatories have agreed to the following:

[b]Membership:[/b]
Any alliance which deems itself as a Purple alliance may request to join the treaty. The request is made in the following manner: the prospective alliance must contact a PoP alliance stating their interest. If the PoP alliance agrees to sponsor the prospective alliance, the PoP alliance will post an announcement of this in the government section of the forums. After 72 hours have elapsed from the announcement, the prospective alliance will be granted membership into PoP, as long as no major concerns have been presented. Alliances with at least 10 members, where the majority of those members are residing on the purple team, shall be eligible to vote on any amendment to the terms of this treaty.

[b]Poisoning the Well:[/b]
Signatories agree that raiding fellow purple nations is counter productive to the stated reasons and therefore agree to refrain from raiding purple nations.

[b]Apolitical Clause:[/b]
Signatories agree to let PoP remain as a neutral ground and therefore will not discuss politics with each other on the forums. Official PoP business will remain apolitical and each alliance is allowed to run their foreign affairs at their discretion.

[b]Senate Clause:[/b]
The Purple senate is now considered open to any purple alliance able to get the sufficient number of votes necessary to acquire a seat. The following signatories have agreed however that while the Senate may be open the Senate is not to be abused and to be used only in legitimate situations such as nuke rogues and the like. If a sanction is brought into question signatories are encouraged to talk amongst each other to find common ground on the issue.

[b]Economic Progress:[/b]
Signatory alliances agree to participate on a neutral forum that will be used to provide the entire purple sphere with trades, tech deals, economic guides, and other economic benefits. Any purple nation is allowed to sign up on these forums and make use of the basic amenities provided by the signatory alliances.

[b]Withdrawal Clause:[/b]
If for any reason an alliance wishes to withdraw from the treaty, they must give the other signatories a 24 hour notification of this cancellation through a post on the forum or through official channels.

[b]Unfortunate Ending Clause:[/b]
If for some unseen reason it is determined that a signatory may need to be removed such an action would require the majority of alliances voting in favor of such an action. A period of at least 1 week will be given for the vote so that proper evidence, arguments and logical rebuttals can be made in this case and to ensure that all sides have the opportunity to be heard . Each alliance, except the one in question, will receive only one vote on the issue. There will be five days allotted to evidence and debate and 48 hours for voting. The timing for the debate and voting starts the day after the complaint is formally raised.

[u]Signed for AODB[/u]

[i]Kellory[/i]- Captain of the AOD Brigade
[i]band20[/i]- High Sage/2nd in Command
[i]Mirreille[/i]- Grand Sage/Minister of Internal Affairs

[u]Signed for iFOK[/u]

[i]arexes[/i], Triumvir
[i]Gofastleft[/i], Triumvir
[i]MikeTheFirst[/i], Triumvir

[u]Signed for SNAFU[/u]

[i]Stetson[/i] of Axeland, Grand FUBAR
[i]Madam CaVi[/i] of Spehan, the Power Behind the Throne
[i]thoughberry[/i] of Newest Amsterdam, In House Leader
[i]Joe32320[/i] of Lealand, Out House Leader
[i]Marx the Great[/i] of Romulania, Director of Illicit Affairs
[i]Mista Wigga[/i] of Silios, Director of Making Nations Rich
[i]Heheurfunny[/i] of Land of Hehe, Director of Damage Control

[u]Signed for Olympus[/u]

Council of Titans:
[i]Buffalo Niagara
Grendel
Mississippigurlie
President SO
queenhailee
The Pansy[/i]

[u]Signed for Valhalla[/u]

Regent: [i]Chefjoe[/i]
Vice Regent: [i]Bud[/i]
Marshal: [i]Levistus[/i]
Security Consul: [i]Lykme[/i]
Chancellor: [i]RePePe[/i]
Emissary: [i]Keshav[/i]

[u]Signed for The New Guy[/u]

[i]Confusion[/i], Archon of Darkness
[i]JDorian[/i], Triumvir of Internal Affairs
[i]Kaplechistan[/i], Triumvir of War
[i]Waffles[/i], Triumvir of Foreign Affairs

[u]Signed for United Purple Nations[/u]

Prime Minister, [i]Peggy_Sue[/i]
Chancellor, [i]NakedTime[/i]
Tribune, [i]Canfor25[/i]
Tribune, [i]Madmike[/i]

[u]Signed for Nebula-X[/u]

[i]Sonic[/i]: Emperor
[i]Luda[/i]: Regent
[i]Rheebrosinc[/i]: Chancellor of Foreign Affairs
[i]Blood Ruler[/i]: Chancellor of Internal Affairs
[i]Streethawk[/i]: Chancellor of Finance
[i]Mic Money[/i]: Senator

[u]Signed for Cerberus[/u]

Commanders:
[i]Cliodna
masonb
Momonishiki[/i]

[u]Signed for The Legion[/u]

[img]http://www.avelegio.net/images/seal.png[/img]

[i]Watcher[/i], Imperator
[i]totem[/i], Proconsul
[i]Zyvexal[/i], Minister of Foreign Affairs
[i]Jooshbox234[/i], Minister of Economics
[i]Siaon[/i], Minister of Defense
[i]Alexander Kerensky[/i], Minister of Internal Affairs
[/quote]

Note: Pegasus remains under the joint protection of the Poseidon signatories, both unrelated to the new PoP treaty.

Edited by Axolotlia

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After all of the long and hard work on this, I'm glad to see this finally made official and gone live.

Here's to future efforts to work together economically for prosperity on purple.

Edit: Also, a thanks to Seipher Caim for the graphics.

Edited by RePePe

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1292113343' post='2536879']
Saw the topic and though "UPN left purple?" now i see its another silly color unity bloc thats doomed to fail
[/quote]

I think the point is it not being a colour unity bloc.

Congrats on this project, may it prove to be more successful than Blunity has :)

Saw the topic and though "UPN left purple?" now i see its another silly color unity bloc thats doomed to fail
[/quote]
Its an economic treaty, not a bloc, no defence cluases, maybe read next time dear friend, if it was your former thought, don't you think you would have heard the rumours already?

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1292113482' post='2536889']

[/quote]
I think the point is it not being a colour unity bloc.

Congrats on this project, may it prove to be more successful than Blunity has :)
[/quote]
[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1292113664' post='2536894']
Its an economic treaty, not a bloc, no defence cluases, maybe read next time dear friend, if it was your former thought, don't you think you would have heard the rumours already?
[/quote]

It is a colour unity bloc, the OP announces it as an [i]economic bloc[/i], and membership criteria is [i]any alliance which deems itself as a Purple alliance may request to join the treaty.[/i] A bloc does not have to include defence clauses. A bloc can take many forms such as an economic or trade bloc, it is just a group of entities that have the same aim.

As for being more successful than Blunity - the truth is that Blunity died a long long time ago. The only thing that has given Planet Bob the impression that it is remotely alive is the absence of a disbandment announcement. I too query the viability of economic blocs although I wholeheartedly wish success for PoP.

It is not a colour unity bloc in any way, as the signatories can still war each other should the situation arise.
It is merely an agreement to free trade and free senate without potential abusing of the senate seat, with a non-raiding of Purple thing thrown in for funzies.

Yes I missed putting Colour unity bloc in my reply, thanks for pointing that out