The Ages of Olympus

[center][img]http://www.idledynamics.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/the_voyage_thumbnail.jpg[/img][/center]

[center]Two years ago, an unlikely grouping of nation rulers left their home and set out on an unsure voyage. The intent of the journey wasn’t ever to leave something behind, but rather to seek something out. We had different histories and different paths had delivered us to that time, but one thing tied us together. We hungered to find something we’d been missing. All of us, in every alliance we’d been in had felt it--a piece of ourselves was missing.

We knew the odds were stacked against us. We knew how many new alliances failed without ever really getting a start. But the hunger to find that elusive piece of ourselves was so strong, we knew we had to take that risk.[/center]

[size=150][center][b]The First Age of Olympus[/b][/center][/size]
[center]Olympus was never meant to be everyman’s alliance. Olympus wasn’t going to be about power or numbers, but rather about connections and relationships. We knew these values and vision would only appeal to a limited audience, but we felt they were essential to be able finally to find the missing pieces of ourselves.

Envisioning, dreaming and crafting defined the First Age of Olympus. It was a heady time. Looking ahead to dream of what we wanted to create, and charting the course to get us there. Then the real work began as we all drew together to build that dream.

Those who did the dreaming and those who bought into that dream from the beginning are the foundation of what Olympus has become. Each of these people is entitled to wear the First Age of Olympus medal:[/center]

[center][img]http://i55.tinypic.com/eguzut.jpg[/img][/center]
[center][list]*Buffalo Niagara
*queenhailee
*Mississippigurlie
*Darkshadow73
*martys_three_girls
*Majin
*Hysterian
*The Fuhrer
*Spartan519
*Damur
*Seele Jager
*Jblackbelt360[/center][/list]

[b][center][i]We chose a Greek Column for this medal to represent the building of a new home and a new culture[/i][/center][/b]

[size=150][center][b]The Second Age of Olympus[/b][/center][/size]
[center]The time from our beginnings until our first birthday was an era of finding our way while remaining true to our vision and values. There were distractions and pitfalls, there were those who’d like to have seen us fail and there were uncertainties. The Olympians faced them all together and helped one another to stay on the path we’d set out.

This was a time of changing spheres and of making friends and gaining allies. It was a time of building on our foundations and of earning respect. It was a time of settling into our new home and of celebrating the new community we’d cultivated. These Olympians were there to celebrate our first birthday and are entitled to wear the Second Age of Olympus medal:[/center]

[center][img]http://i56.tinypic.com/29upmvn.jpg[/img][/center]
[center][list] Buffalo Niagara
*queenhailee
*Mississippigurlie
*Darkshadow73
*martys_three_girls
*Majin
*Hysterian
*The Fuhrer
*Spartan519
*Damur
*Seele Jager
*Jblackbelt360
* Tamokii
*TooBadd
*imahighsamurai
*Ortal
*Bladesman
*Warrior8739E
*RunningGunK62
*Shado Night Stalker
*morrisons
*Tuckyjr2k9
*Rezerxtion
*Durin
*The Pansy[/center][/list]

[b][center][i]The Labyrinth is an appropriate symbol for the medal for this Age of Olympus. A Labyrinth is not a maze or a puzzle. There is one path into the center, one path out. The challenge in front of us was not in finding our way, but rather in having the discipline to walk the path we’d set out for ourselves.[/i][/center][/b]

[size=150][center][b]The Third Age of Olympus[/b][/center][/size]
[center]This last year has been a great one for us. We’ve had some highs and we’ve seen some trials. We’ve lost allies and friends (r.i.p. Zenith and Kronos) and we’ve gained others. We faced overwhelming odds in a war and learned several valuable lessons from the experience. Victory in a war is not just measured in who won the battle. Even in defeat, we found victory. Our ties with our allies and with one another have never been stronger as we fought shoulder-to-shoulder, teaching and encouraging one another, then worked to rebuild stronger than we started out. We made good friends--with one another, with our allies and even with some of our opponents (hi R&R and NoR). The war was rough on our pixels, but we gained far more than we lost.

This year has also been a time of maturing for Olympus. We’re in a government term where no founding Titans are serving on the Potentate Council for the first time in our history and we’ve focused on building a well-rounded alliance to even better defend our allies. And we’ve been able to share all these experiences with the best group of friends in this realm. All current members of Olympus are entitled to wear the Third Age of Olympus Medal.[/center]

[center][img]http://i54.tinypic.com/2ebh194.jpg[/img][/center]

[b][center][i]The flames on the medal represent the forge. A blacksmith uses his forge and anvil to transform raw materials into something stronger. Olympus faced her trials of fire this year and emerged stronger for it. The Third Age of Olympus is defined by stronger nations, stronger relationships with one another and stronger ties with our allies.[/i][/center][/b]

I'm proud to have been a part of all of the Ages of Olympus so far and I'm excited to see what the coming Ages have in store for us. Whatever is in the winds, I know without a doubt that the spirit of those who call themselves Olympians promises that we will use each thing that comes our way to help build and strengthen our family and our allies for the next age.

o/ Olympus. Onward to the next Age of Olympus

[size="1"]Thanks to Abdur for the beautiful medals. I haven't forgotten about the tech![/size]

[quote name='Kryievla' timestamp='1291825266' post='2533944']
Happy birthday Olympus. May your new Age be as fruitful and inspired as your first two have been.

I love you guys :)
[/quote]

So sayeth the Kry.. So sayeth us all :)

Keep making Purple secksi Olympus!

oo/

I had the pleasure of being in on this from day 1, not as a member, but as the person who arranged the initial protection, I am proud to see how far this has gone, and am even prouder to be part of it now.
I have to give special praise to queenhailee, who has been the driving force behind us for the last 2 years, we are truly honoured to have you in Olympus, so thank you so much for all your efforts
A huge thank you to Valhalla too, for all their support throughout the last 2 years, and for getting us some action now and again :)

Its been a great friendship over the years Olympus, and I hope for many more.

Heres is a sheep as a token of my esteem(you get sloppy lasts pansy! :P)

[img]http://www.heliumfilledballoons.co.uk/ekmps/shops/partyparty/images/another-birthday-sheep-themed-badge-745-p.jpg[/img]

I remember when Olympus was first born. It was a different alliance, with a different vision. It was something not common in our world. From day 1 I had some form of connection with Olympus, and am so glad that I finally found my home with Olympus, after they greatly assisted me with a dream.

I'd like to thank everyone who has been a part of our family since inception, to all people I have met - whether you remain or have left, and to QH for all she has done, thank you all.

o/ Olympus

o/ Olympians

Don't forget who we are, where we come from and what we believe in.

A proud day.