Final Federation of Buccaneers Announcement

Stormsend

[center][img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090124140753/cybernations/images/1/1a/FoB.jpg[/img][/center]

After a quiet weekend of working to get my members to the safety of an active alliance, and a ton of throat lozenges to ease my throat after all that growly pirate-talk, I come before you today to announce that the Federation of Buccaneers is officially disbanded. The Federation has had a tumultuous history, which led up to its raid of nations of the Mushroom Kingdom. The Kingdom, rather that blast the living hell out of our ships, decided to adopt the Federation as a protectorate, and eventually we graduated into the ranks of the greatest bloc that has ever ruled the world, The Complaints and Grievances Union.

Since joining C&G, the Federation has enjoyed a spirited existence, and has made amazing friends both within and outside of the bloc. At the top of the list of allies, I will give a nod to both Sparta and Poison Clan. Sparta have been a loyal ally on the Black Team, and the Poison Clan has been a group of upstanding allies... I cannot avoid talking about how wonderful they were to us, despite the warnings from zoom and Derwood that it would ruin their reputation as jerks and alleged murderers.

However, at one point in our history, everything changed. I have said what happened before and I wish to avoid kicking dirt on anyone's grave. However, events concerning the last major war took a toll on the alliance. A new government came in and tried to reign in the rampant inactivity, but the numbers kept dropping. Soon it became evident that there was only one option left for us. It was with a heavy heart that we established an alliance-wide vote on what to do. The results were obvious - we pat ourselves on the back for a job well done for the alliance, and we go our separate ways. To my comrades in the Federation, it has been a wonderful time serving you all. To my allies, which I still refer to you by, even if we know longer share a treaty: thank you for everything.

To the rest of the world: I know speculation will run rampant, and so I will make this brief.

Yes, we were forced to disband by Archon so he wouldn't be recruiting from another alliance. I have joined the Mushroom Kingdom under threat of death from both he and quinoa rex. hawk_11 also wished to announce that he was up for sale. The bid starts at $15 million.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair thee well my friends.

Though I know it goes without saying... HANDS OFF THESE GUYS. The Federation of Buccaneers AA is under protection until we decide they are no longer under protection.

Thank you for all the memories.

Edited by Rush Sykes

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1291650674' post='2531962']
The Federation of Buccaneers AA is under protection [i]until we decide they are no longer under protection.[/i]
[/quote]

I like the length of that :awesome:

In all seriousness, best of luck to everyone in FOB, I hope you all have some great new adventures ahead of you.

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='Stormsend' timestamp='1291650537' post='2531959']
hawk_11 also wished to announce that he was up for sale. The bid starts at $15 million.
[/quote]

I'll put forth $30 million.

You guys always seemed to be like a good bunch. Good luck in your future adventures out on the deep blue.

Not an easy doing what you did Stormsend, traditionally I'm opposed to you but I know this decision isn't easy and you stuck it out.

Unlike other "leaders" looking for their own shot at glory by attacking Polaris leaving FoB forever scarred.

Best wishes to all FoB membership as they set their ships sailing to the far corners of BOB looking for new homes.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1291650674' post='2531962']
Though I know it goes without saying... HANDS OFF THESE GUYS. The Federation of Buccaneers AA is under protection until we decide they are no longer under protection.
[/quote]

Too easy...

oo/FoB