Nemesis Retires

[center][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/cybernations/images/2/22/Nemesis.jpg[/img][/center]

[b]Nemesis[/b] was founded in February of 2009 by [b]Mista' VanHoo[/b]. It was founded as an elite alliance comprised almost entirely of government members from many other alliances. Some loved us, some hated us, and some were indifferent, but Nemesis stood by our morals and was a sinificant player in Digiterra politics. We fought in four major wars, never engaging an alliance our size or smaller. [b]We finished 4-0.[/b] During the Karma War we had the highest blitz rate in the game. Once we even organized an all out attack, six minutes before update, against an opponent we didn't know we would be engaged with, in defense of our friends (even without a treaty). We accepted good people who had sentences against them and stood for what we believed was right. We have been an elite alliance.

Blame the shifting vagaries of the game, or the overall downward trend in the number of nations, but Nemesis has reached a point where we would disappoint our allies if we were called upon to march to war. Our activity has been less than what we believed should be the standard for an alliance conceived as Nemesis was when assembled. Rather than sully our reputation, we have decided to disband with our historical legacy intact. Our allies have been notified and [b]Ragnarok[/b] has agreed to protect Nemesis while we conduct our diaspora to other alliances over the next two weeks. Many will be going to RoK, some to CoJ, some to OBR, some other destinations. [b]Nemesis[/b] alumni have populated many alliances and we will never forget the bonds of brotherhood that makes. Thank you all, for the good times.

For the memory of the former triums:

VanHoo III
Soccerbum
Bob
Yawoo
Draov
Daggarz
That-One-Place
Poyplemonkees

and us last three:

Kataklizm the Great
Bob Ilyani
Kwilliams

We hereby officially retire Nemesis to the history books.

I wish to personally thank all my friends that have been in Nemesis over the years, our loyal allies, and anyone that has had occasion to say something nice about us. Farewell and following seas.

Edited by Kataklizm the Great

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To look back and close a chapter in our lives is braver than to let it live forever.

Just as my forerunners in the Triumvirate stood before you and expressed their joy at what was about to happen, I stand here with the sadness in my heart that comes with the end of such a period. Indeed, Nemesis has disbanded; our dream of an active elite alliance are finished, to be left only in the minds of those that loved us, the nightmares of those that feared us and the dustbowl of CyberNations history.

What was Nemesis? It was a group of people who decided not to listen to those that wished to chain them down, or those that wished to hold them back. Some of the most active and influential members the era had seen convened on the Nemesis forums in a tribute to what really is good about the world we live in: comraderie, spirit, friendship, free speech, and entertainment. Some might have called us allies, members, Ministers, or Triumvirs, but within our own minds we knew exactly what we were: We were friends, we were buddies. We were people who could bounce ideas off each other, who could engage in a friendly debate on everything from politics to religion to food choices; we were an alliance that could look at each other and consider us as more than the sum of our parts. Truly this aspect of our world was only a small aspect of life in Nemesis: it truly was a community of close people, brothers more than allies.

And Nemesis took a similar approach to Foreign Affairs: We viewed our allies as friends of ours in a real life state, not just out of an in game cause or a political move. And, much like within our own halls, we were not afraid to voice our concern at the decisions of our allies. Did it make us some enemies? For sure. Did it make us lose some allies? Undoubtedly. But it made us value those who agreed with us, and those who were closest to us. CoJ, NoR. [u]LoSS[/u]. Talking to people like this reminded us every day why we participated here: we had friends. We met people we would have never known through the confines of a [OOC]Silly Browser game[/OOC].

And now, that era is over. Nemesis has lost its life over the months; many members have left or moved on into different circumstances. The community that once made us famous was changed forever: inactive, less interesting, less personal. Nemesis was less that what it was founded to be, and more like any other alliance. That was the point that we, all of us, knew that the era of Nemesis was over. What was once great, is now weak. Better to let is finish in a way that satisfies all parties involved than to let it stagnate into something that would shame us all.

Thus, the Members of Nemesis look to the future: to our new lives in the CyberVerse. To our friends in Ragnarok: Thank you for your help in making this as convenient as possible. We are in your debt. To our allies: It's been a great time. Thanks for putting up with us when we could be pretty difficult, as I'm sure we were. The respect I hold for you guys is immense, and I will never forget the things we have done and the times we have had. We are in your debt. To the members of Nemesis, wherever you may be out there: Thanks for a great time. I hope you hold Nemesis as fondly in your mind as we do, for we were truly brothers there, more so than anywhere else. We are in your debt.

Ah, I will quit blabbering. My emotions are getting the better of me. I conclude with a piece of nostalgia: A signature list from a long time ago. Few lists capture the camaraderie, soul, and fun that Nemesis was like this one does. May those days last forever in our hearts and minds.

[code]

Signed for Nemesis,

Bob, Triumvir of Nemesis, Formerly known as several other names, 36 coup strategies in place against him, +1 against BAPS nations
JCFalkenberg - no titles needed.
draov- i suppose you can add my name
Grand Duke Nevsky, Hoo's personal Barber, Visionary of the Future, Time Traveler, and Resident Tech Raid Mogul.
Magnum "Tigga Plz" Gundraw, Minister of Magnum Affairs.
Kataklizm the Great: Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs, Chief of the Boat
p0rkSab3r: Chairperson of the Cybernations Civil Liberties Union
Slumdog: Supreme Overlord of the Slums, can't afford to be on the boat.
Yawoo, Minister of Internal Affairs for Nemesis, "Woo for Yawoo!", Head of the Cult of Yawoo, On strike against the 'woo haters
Rickyman1984: Deputy of Defense and gentle hugger. Keeper of the holy mustache.
Sir Michael Harland - MBA in BS, Zombie Killer, Keeper of the PEELZ!, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Crazy Frog of the Spanish Inquisition. Also, $%&@ off.
kwilliams: Was not here to sign this so we call him generic insults and the like
Daggarz - Deputy of Economics, Aussie Underlord of Nemesis, drives by the alias Mozart in a car called Lady Ashby, Leader of the small treaty party of Nemesis, Avid Anti-Woo for Yawoo'er
GeneralJustin ~ Knower of Sports Trivia, Bringer of Useless Facts, Failer of Coups Attempts, also On A Boat
Bob Ilyani- Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs, Boo for Yawoo, $%&@ed a Mermaid, Megan Fox's Lover, Mr. NO U, Hoo is my !@#$%*.
Soccerbum - Supreme Alcoholic, no chaser plox.
Hiro Nakara, Deputy Minister of Economics. Grand master of Dwarfs and spelling Nazi's
Poyplemonkeys - Writer of treaties, currently unemployed.
Blacky - Minister of Defense, Singer of the Nemesis Rap Tune, Opponent of Baby Seal Fat Byproducts, Lover of Bob, Mistress of Soccerbum, Boat Enthusiast, I also like Bird watching and long walks on the beach... Victim of Hoo's Tyranny and Oppression.
Jordite - Connoisseur of fine food, wine and women. Also, a pathological liar.
Jotti "French" LeStache, Deputy of Foreign Affairs, Organizer of Coups, Commander of SrsLulz, Lover of Porksaber, Comrade of Magnum "Tigga Please" Gundraw, On A Boat.
Hoo - Triumvir of Nemesis, Trophy Wife, The Anti-troll, Resident Figurehead and Cult of Personality, Third in the Van Hoo Bloodline, This Signature is Null and Void After 30 Days
SirDog - Two times runner up in World Sheep Herding Competition.
CaptainIan - Proud master of the economic wonder, sell me tech dammit!
Left Behind - Like a boss!
BrianProut - Inactive please liberate his tech.
President Nathan - Never inactive and one cool dude.
QueenMel - The only woman in Nemesis, and the most fawned over person in the alliance (except for Bob)
Keegan - Winner of the contest. DONT ASK WHAT CONTEST
TOP- The Order of the Paradox stole my name in their acronym
lanceman1972 - I BELIEVE I CAN FLY! I BELIEVE I CAN TOUCH THE SKY! Also a deputy. Guess what of.
Mykep - I am not here.
thomas20 - Never registered on the Nemesis forums despite being our largest nation and also fighting in the war for us, and thus quite awesome.
Eternal_Shadow - Has a terrible friend named Yawoo, and proud Boo for Yawooer!
Death Dealer - Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and tasteeee
SpiderJerusalem - Your friendly neighborhood stalker. Also, snuggles <3
[/code]

Oh sweet, sweet Nemesis; Let her rest. Her day is done.

Edited by Bob Ilyani

It's sad to see this happen regardless of any issues(mostly daggarz, I hope) that existed in recent months. The alliance had a ton of potential and did strive to be elite. Good luck to all who are moving on.

Nemesis, you are and will always be my true home in the Cyberverse.

To my friends, comrades, and all the members of Nemesis past and present, I salute you. I salute you not because you served besides me during war and peace, but because you are my brother. I wish you all the luck the Cyberverse has to offer, and know that always, you can come to me if you are in need and I will do my utmost to help a brother. Know also, you can come to me just to chat, I would welcome such a chat.

Nemesis, thank you. Thank you for all the times we enjoyed together.

My friends, my brothers, thank you.

May this unique, amazing, majestic alliance rest in the peace it has earned.

Woo for Yawoo!

Boo for Daggarz!

Your brother,

Yawoo

Nemesis and TOOL never really saw eye to eye on anything, however with that said you were a great alliance and had a ton of excellent fighters during the last war. Many alliances would be quite content on achieving half of what was managed by you all. I know how hard this must have been for you, but you should be proud of what you were. Best of luck wherever you all end up.

Despite the history that Nemesis may have with different alliances, it is never good to lose an alliance. It is just another sign of the current troubles hitting Planet Bob. I wish all members of Nemesis good luck in finding a new home.

I'll probably attack anyone who attacks Nemesis. That being said, if you aren't off the AA in 14 days, you are too inactive to properly honor the legacy.

Good luck to my friends and former colleagues there, and I wish you the best of luck in the future. You did great.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1291336804' post='2528428']
Europa is protecting all those under the Nemesis AA for a period of 60 days.
[/quote]

You are kidding, right?

Nevertheless, it's sad to see Nemesis go - best of luck to their members in finding a new home.

Edited by KingEd

Best of luck to all Nemesis members as they find new homes, especially to daggarz and Bob Ilyani. I will echo the statements of my former alliance-mates Mia and Dakotans in saying it is never good to lose an alliance, and you guys fought pretty well in BiPolar.