SkyNet and you, A possible future scenario for your Alliance

New Reverie

[size="6"]Thank you everyone who I had a chance to talk to. I met some great leaders and really feel a part of the world again. The combination of old friends and Delta convinced me that RIA will make a good home for me. It was not an easy choice and I wish to say thank you again to those that posted here and those that contacted me on IRC.[/size]

[size="6"]My irc channel is #IngSoc on cold front. Stop by if you want to talk to me. I'll be in there often.[/size]

[size="5"]Update: Answers to questions and comments will be appended to this OP to aid in organizing information.[/size]

[quote]Any country that had a military and might one day be involved in an armed conflict of any size with America had to certainly take SKYNET and its myriad capabilities into consideration when doing long range planning for such a contingency. SKYNET would change not only the way that wars were fought, on all scales, but also the way that wars were planned, from small police actions to full scale global conflicts. SKYNET's destructive capacity would be unparalleled but so, too, would its capacity to gather intelligence on opposing forces, disseminate that intelligence to friendly units and coordinate friendly assets in a way that best used them against the threat. SKYNET was the closest thing to Mars, the god of war, that Man could produce, that America could produce.
-SHIELDS[/quote]

Hello to all alliances,
My name is New Reverie and I am no longer relevant. I was at one time, but that was a very long time ago. Those that do still know or remember me, are probably aware that when I was an active member of this community that I was the best at what i did.

What I did and what i still do out of personal interest is military logistics and information gathering. At my supposed peak as Leader of Military Intelligence for the New Pacific Order I developed a military system called SkyNet. This system has as far as I am aware grown and been expanded upon by their tech gurus, but the foundations I established remain so far as I know, although it operates under a different name.

That was (more than?) two years ago. But since leaving the order I have quietly worked on my own personal projects. Around the time of the big war against the NPO and later the war against TOP I had developed SkyNet to a point where I felt it to be unmached in terms of alliance and multi alliance warfare, logistics, banking, and intelligence gathering.

The system although not entirely finished was shopped to the Complaints and Grievances military bloc as a possible method to unite their alliances in a way that is not possible without SkyNet. Maybe it was because of my current obscurity, maybe it was because of the leaderships unwillingness to allow their alliances to coordinate on such a close level, but in the end C&G never expressed enough interest in the system for me to finalize it for them. Slightly depressed and tired I offered to give MK full control of the system so long as they could provide me with someone to help finish the project or at least some much needed moral support. This was earlier this year and nothing has happened.

And so as an old dog with perhaps few friends left due to my self imposed obscurity I am now seeking a return to form. A return to what I remember as excitement and community. To do this I require one thing, let me work for your alliance. Let me be in change of the logistics of your alliance. My motivation is just that I want to see a labor of love succeed. Let me bring your military, banking, alliance relations, your thoughts on coordination into the 21st century. I promise there is nothing else like what I am about to show you.

This is SkyNet, the 21st century Alliance and Bloc coordination hub. The system is 100% game legal. I want you to use it. But I am not going to hand it out to everyone. Discuss it with me here, please don't send me PMs. If you think your alliance could use this system and that it will be better utilized with your alliance than anywhere else, then lets work together. I will be a committed member of your alliance and I will see to it that you will achieve a level of coordination that is several generational leaps over what others are doing.

The system works as part of your in game hub. It is seamless, offers multiple levels of security from a simple soldier, banker, battalion commander, all the way up to leadership of a bloc of alliances.
menubar.jpg

It can be used to send important updates and alerts for your whole alliance, your battalion, or bloc

orders.jpg

Leadership can manage who has access to what features.

bloc_management.jpg

During war or peace your members can request targets and keep track of enemies.

wars-1.jpg

Banking can be managed for tech deals, alliance aid falls, or even war time aid shifting.

banking.jpg

This is just the tip of the iceberg. SkyNet is the 21st century alliance logistics portal. You can either be the alliance or bloc that has SkyNet, or you can be the one that does not. All comments and criticism is welcome here.

TLDR

This is SkyNet. I want someone to use it. Don't PM me, if you have questions or comments, keep it in this thread.

[size="5"]Answers to questions and other information[/size]

Can I try before i buy?
Absolutely. I am working out a means of allowing interested parties to test drive SkyNet. Interested parties will be given a chance to see available systems and assess for themselves whether or not SkyNet has a place in their alliance.

Am I trying to bribe my way into a position of authority?
There is a bit of grey area, but my answer is no. I don't want to lead your alliance, and I am not asking for you to fire all your department heads and put me in there place. What I am asking is that if you think SkyNet belongs with your alliance, then I am part of that package. SkyNet is a logistics, banking, military, ect program. It requires a department to run it and if integrated into your alliance it requires a person of importance and commitment to manage it. As i said in the OP, I want to return to this game and feel that I am serving a purpose. Those that knew me in the first two years of the game can attest to the quality and quantity of work i produce.

How much does skynet rely on every member of an alliance using it to work?
My CPU is a neural net processor; a learning computer. The more people using it, the more powerful SkyNet becomes. It is easy to use. It only requires the download of a small game legal greasemonkey or iepro script.

First, does it do anything with trades?
No. Although that is not to say that it cannot. SkyNet is a learning computer. If you taught it to build trade circles or say manage uranium sharing during wartime, it could do it. It only needs to be taught.(more programming)

Secondly, what exactly are the security levels, how are they handled and, in broad terms, what are the differences between them?
1. Soldier: Basic fuctions such as request targets or aid. Can see orders.
2. Battalion: Manages soldiers within a strength range. Can authorize members of the alliance to be soldiers. Can see battalion stats such as aid, war, ect
3. Alliance Command: Manages the alliance. Can set enemies in war time. Can authorize members of alliance to be battalion or alliance command. Can use various alliance tools and statistical utilities.
4. Bloc command: Like alliance command, but works on multi alliance level. Allows monitoring of bloc performance, enemies, ect.

Finally, what else is it that you bring to the table?
Passion, drive, experiece, and loyalty. I am not shopping for the best offer here. I want a place where i can enjoy being in this community again. I have for years quietly kept to myself, but I want to awaken and return to a place where i feel both helpful and apreciated.

What browsers is SkyNet compatable with?
I've tested it with both firefox and IE which covers most people. The user downloads a javascript that is run by browsern add ons like greesemonkey and IEPro. So long as chrome, opera, and other browsers can use javascript add ons there is no reason why they cannot be compatable too.

Edited by New Reverie

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a serious future for this project within Nueva Vida first to test it and if it matches to what you say as something we could implement bloc-wide later. Not sure what more to say without knowing what you need specifically in terms of power within the alliance(logistics is very wide and encompasses several departments).

Edit: Another edit but having reviewed the screenshots more clearly I think it is a perfect match actually to our own workings which I can explain more clearly in private.

Edited by Centurius

GATO should get it, obviously

Curious, is the purpose of skynet to let you control an alliance and learn all about them bank info war info etc and then like in the movie have skynet turn on the original users to help wipe them out? Or do you just realllly like that name?

Edited by Greg23

[quote name='Hime Themis' timestamp='1291081139' post='2526157']
Good New Reverie

I do remember you. Alright I shall bite. What exactly are you looking for for this, your hard work and effort. I do not prefer open forum for discussion of this sort but its your party so I shal provide the glasses.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis
[/quote]

I am only looking for a strong community that will embrace what i have to offer and keep me busy. I want to feel involved again and I want to feel like my efforts are noticed and appreciated.

[quote name='New Reverie' timestamp='1291081489' post='2526167']
I am only looking for a strong community that will embrace what i have to offer and keep me busy. I want to feel involved again and I want to feel like my efforts are noticed and appreciated.
[/quote]

I do think you can get that feeling quite quickly in Nueva Vida, we do embrace and recognize work when its seen.

Good New Reverie

I have an interest and we always appreciate the hard work an efforts of all our Rosular Kingdom workers. If you want support and a place to work with appreciation you will find it with us. If you wish to discuss this possibility please feel free to contact me directly. We do not do bidding wars nor deal with our people in a public manner. If you are truly looking for a home contact me privately please.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

New Reverie,

As a young nation, I can say that GATO has given me opportunities for work, development, and so much more. I joined in late May/early June of 2010, and since joining, the membership encourage me to take a more active role in GATO. Once I did, I was able to do lots of good. I've been elected to Congress twice, I serve in all Ministries. I've gotten to know great people, and through GATO, its members, and my work for the GATO Ministry of Foreign Affairs, I've gotten to know lots of people outside of the alliance on professional and personal levels. I am sure that this is something you're looking for: a community that's more than just playing a game, but a community that thrives off the presence of each other, and that has the potential to almost anything. GATO's the oldest alliance in the game. That's because of the membership: these people will always be there for you.

I hope you consider joining us, as we'd be honoured to have someone as dedicated and talented as yourself stand alongside us.

Thank you for considering,
Dre4mwe4ver from GATO