Order versus Anarchy

Unko Kalaikz

Throughout history our world has been troubled by a celebration of barbarism, the romanticization of terrorism, anarchy and illogical moralism. I myself in my younger days was a firebrand seeking "freedom" and liberation from the grasp of the "global despots." Yet with age and experience I have come to see the truth of the matter, and wisdom has graced me, replacing my impetuous ambitions and ill-conceived notions of counter-revolutionary antics. It is some solace to me that a few other former terrorists and rabble-rousers have also matured from the days of our youth, although my guilt will ever lie upon me.

I first began to question devotion to anarchism nearing the latter days of the Vox Populi uprising. After some time the initial rush that comes from riotous violence and a cheeky disrespect for the authorities began to fade, and as I looked about me I began to wonder at the intentions of our "leadership" such as it was. Many were guilty of human rights abuses and war crimes in the past, poor governance, and emotionally charged reasoning and actions. As a developing Francoist I attempted to insert some level of reason and higher purpose, but to no avail, and with a sinking heart I began to realize that the cause I had dedicated so much towards might be [i]wrong.[/i]

Still, I held firm to my ideals. [i]Global Despotism is the problem,[/i] I reasoned to myself, [i]the Hegemony is a tool of oppression.[/i] But despite publicly never conceding to Order heavyweights like Vladimir and Cortath, I was wavering. [i]Perhaps evil schemes and userite oppression did not actually maintain the power of the hegemony. Perhaps,[/i] a small thought rang in my mind, [i]Pacifica is a force for good in the world.[/i]

And then another thought pierced my mind. A thought that I was blaming the forces of Order for my own failings, my own shortcomings, and my subsequent poor decisions in selecting my alliances, and governing them. Projecting the Order as the enemy, when in reality, I was indeed my own worst enemy. And it was at that time I began to realize what freedom truly is.

[i]Freedom,[/i] I was beginning to learn, [i]is not the same as anarchy. Anarchy is the state of nature, a state of conflict in which national rulers may do as they please, to the detriment of their nations, and other nations. Freedom is liberation from this anarchy, the opportunity to develop materially, intellectually and spiritually, to escape the state of nature and reach one's full potential.[/i]

Freedom is civilization, Anarchy is barbarism. This revolutionary concept reeled in my mind, and I as I began to perceive wisdom I left behind the folly of Vox and all those who sought anarchy on a global scale.

And the day came when the machinations of Vox Populi and other world actors finally came into fruition, the fall of civilization through treachery and deceit, and defeat of the Order, and the beginning of the dark ages.

We have seen the return of barbarism and anarchy to the world. We witness the ravaging of nations, the bastion that was the red team assailed by cruel and pitiless pillagers, the return of vanquished enemies of world peace to seats of power. How many untold millions have perished in the Armageddon War and after? The untold suffering of nations, and a world economy that has not recovered and may never reach the levels of prosperity we witnessed in the Age of Order.

And yet, to the surprise of all, we witness a dim but glowing lamp of hope. The Order and other alliances like it is growing at an unprecedented rate; the Anarchists do not understand and gnash their teeth in frenzied hate; but they are blind, unlike the peoples of peace, the keepers of Order, the agents of civilization and decency and respect and all worthy things, the light of Francoism, the keepers of the flame of freedom and Franco's star, angels of hope and charity in today's darkened world.

Was the Order always right? Hardly, none, not one, ever is. But perhaps in this age of uncertainty we can look back with hope that times will be ordered again, and that reason will prevail over the lulz and abominable lusts that shape our chaotic world today.

-- Unko Kalaikz

Edited by Unko Kalaikz

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If an Order abides by the Libertarian Non-aggression principle and only targets alliances already tech raiding or violating the NAP, therefore working towards greater freedom, then I would welcome a Libertarian World Order. NPO in the past made the mistake of going after neutral alliances or those minding their own business, so many felt the NPO along with some of their allies were abusing their position of power to hit whoever they felt like at the time. NPO's policy of protecting red unaligned was a good move, but it was tainted by NPO not allowing other alliances onto red at the time. That said I think NPO has changed and learned from many of their previous mistakes.

The Order is truth, and everything else is irrelevant. It's the most simple answer, which also makes it the best answer.

o/ The Order!

These Dark Ages, trying as they may be, are a test for the faithful.

Edited by NeCoHo

[quote name='Unko Kalaikz' timestamp='1284668476' post='2455969']
This revolutionary concept reeled in my mind, and I as I began to perceive wisdom I left behind the folly of Vox and all those who sought anarchy on a global scale.
[/quote]

[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][size=2]It sounds more like you [u][b]succumbed to the propoganda[/b][/u] than you "perceived wisdom."[/size][/size][/font]

[quote name='snibbmaster' timestamp='1284670910' post='2455995']
[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][size=2]It sounds more like you [u][b]succumbed to the propoganda[/b][/u] than you "perceived wisdom."[/size][/size][/font]
[/quote]

Good sir, I did not succumb to any "propoganda."

Excellent piece, great read...

-- Unko Kalaikz
[/quote]
I guess I'm too young of a ruler to see what was but I have entered my own Dark Ages, seek a Renaissance, and finally my own Enlightenment.

I'm at a selfish rebellious stage right now and really don't know why. Perhaps as time goes by I'll see things more clearly and better myself again and most importantly protect and help friends once again.

[quote name='Unko Kalaikz' timestamp='1284670992' post='2455996']
Good sir, I did not succumb to any "propoganda."
[/quote]

Haha they don't call it propaganda for nothing. Oh my, did I say propaganda? I meant lies.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1284671731' post='2456004']
[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel pretty free and civilized, and I always have. During the darkest days of the Hegemony, to the liberation of the Karma War to whatever you want to call today, I've stayed free.
[/quote]

Your a lucky man.[/size][/font]

One particular part of this caught my eye, especially as it seems to have been a very important revelation. I wish to clarify exactly what you mean by this:
[quote]
Freedom, I was beginning to learn, is not the same as anarchy. Anarchy is the state of nature, a state of conflict in which national rulers may do as they please, to the detriment of their nations, and other nations. Freedom is liberation from this anarchy, the opportunity to develop materially, intellectually and spiritually, to escape the state of nature and reach one's full potential.
[/quote]
Are you implying that a state in which national rulers may do as the please is, specifically, anarchy, and that rulers that do as they please will tend to do so to the detriment of their nations and other nations?

Are you further implying that, as the alternative to this situation, freedom is a situation in that nation rulers may [i]not[/i] do as they please, and that only in such a state may they be free to proper?

Edited by ktarthan

I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel pretty free and civilized, and I always have. During the darkest days of the Hegemony, to the liberation of the Karma War to whatever you want to call today, I've stayed free.
[/quote]

Regardless of how you may "feel" about your individual situation, the fact of the matter remains that we are living in a dark age, and I merely attempt to preserve for the newer generation a sense of what was lost. And liberation, you say? I ask who was liberated?

[quote=ktarthen]Are you implying that a state in which national rulers may do as the please is, specifically, anarchy, and that rulers that do as they please will tend to do so to the detriment of their nations and other nations?

Are you further implying that, as the alternative to this situation, freedom is a situation in that nation rulers may not do as they please, and that only in such a state may they be free to proper?[/quote]

I suppose the way I phrased that was a little confusing. The state of nature is detrimental to national development. Consider ten nonaligned nations at war with one another, they are too busy battling one another to develop beyond a minimal level. Consider the same nations in an ordered environment. With the nations freed from warring one another they have an opportunity to grow. Perhaps one ruler has a talent as a writer and another is an artist, and another is a good leader. Being liberated from struggling simply to survive, the nations have the freedom of potential.

All nations have freedom of choice, but that is just one type of freedom. A ruler can choose between order and anarchy, to various degrees. The stronger the order, the freer the nation is and the closer it can reach to its full potential. Is it any surprise then that Pacifica and similar alliances tend to do so well consistently throughout history?

[quote=Fernando]I guess I'm too young of a ruler to see what was but I have entered my own Dark Ages, seek a Renaissance, and finally my own Enlightenment.

I'm at a selfish rebellious stage right now and really don't know why. Perhaps as time goes by I'll see things more clearly and better myself again and most importantly protect and help friends once again.[/quote]

There is nothing wrong with being aware of and advancing your self interests. But all rulers go through their stages of character development. It is a testament to your character that you realize this, unlike many who refuse to grow out of their rebellious phase. -_-

Edited by Unko Kalaikz

Throughout history our world has been troubled by a celebration of barbarism, the romanticization of terrorism, anarchy and illogical moralism.
[/quote]

One of these things is not like the others.

But yes, real freedoms are only possible with order.

Edited by Bavaricar

I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel pretty free and civilized, and I always have. During the darkest days of the Hegemony, to the liberation of the Karma War to whatever you want to call today, I've stayed free.
[/quote]

I've always liked what you have to say, Sal - but this is by far one of the best comments to date :wub:

To Freedom :excl:

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1284673477' post='2456027']
I'm not lucky. I'm indomitable.
[/quote]

:lol1: And this one of the most true.

[quote name='Unko Kalaikz' timestamp='1284687514' post='2456194']
Could you define that for us?
[/quote]

:popcorn:

Freedom...yes, please do, Sal. Unko Kalaikz has demonstrated being a good writer and I haven't seen a good philosophical debate in a long time.

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1284692610' post='2456276']
Am I the only one who gets a bit nauseated when people make these attempts to discuss how ~*~seasoned and philosophical~*~ they are?
[/quote]

I'm more amused by the :smug: people who think mocking someone is better than answering what they have to say.

The OP is riddled with contradictions. Perhaps you could use your nauseous intellect to point them out for us?

:smug:

Edited by Bavaricar

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1284693120' post='2456286']
I'm more amused by the :smug: people who think mocking someone is better than answering what they have to say.

The OP has is riddled with contradictions. Perhaps you could use your nauseous intellect to point them out for us?

:smug:
[/quote]
Perhaps the whole point is to not buy into the intellectual masturbation that is writing unnecessarily long and verbose posts about how smart one is? Responding to it on its own terms would involve buying into it regardless of whether I'm agreeing with it or not.

Edited by Voytek

[color="#FF0000"]Ignorance is Strength
War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery[/color]

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1284692610' post='2456276']
Am I the only one who gets a bit nauseated when people make these attempts to discuss how ~*~seasoned and philosophical~*~ they are?
[/quote]
[color="#FF0000"]Don't worry. I died a little on the inside too.[/color]

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1284693342' post='2456288']
Perhaps the whole point is to not buy into the intellectual masturbation that is writing unnecessarily long and verbose posts about how smart one is? Responding to it on its own terms would involve buying into it regardless of whether I'm agreeing with it or not.
[/quote]

Sad and typical example of Dark Age philosophical discourse. Conjure up an ulterior motive and make that an excuse not to address the argument. Priceless :awesome:

Edited by Unko Kalaikz