The Lost World anniversary + Q&A

ProdigyNL

[center][IMG]http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk25/DivineProportion1/niceflag.jpg[/IMG][/center]

[size="7"]The Lost World announcement[/size]

Hello dear people of the Cybernations forums,

I have come to you today to show you this awesome dinosaur comic:

[IMG]http://www.qwantz.com/comics/comic2-204.png[/IMG]

Now wasn't that awesome or what?

And if that wasn't awesome enough, I also have an extra announcement to make:

[size="7"]The Lost World is one year old![/size]

As one of the members that helped found this alliance, I have been here from the start and have seen (and help) this alliance evolve.
In this year many things have changed, we have had drastic changes in our Codex, made many new friends, saw new nations rise up and saw some old nations depart.
However the more things change, the more they stay the same people say, in the case of The Lost World that is definably the case.
We are still close to our founding principles, while having polished some of the rough edges of the way to stay true to them, making this alliance an even better place then when we started it.

It started when Divine Proportion wanted to start an alliance, she talked it over with old UPN friends Bones Malone and Magister Agricolarum and together they started the work for this wonderfull alliance.
In a later stadium I was invited in and helped by giving them an other view on the decisions made so far for the alliance to make a better Codex and better set up of the alliance.
A protectorate was arranged with the New Polar Order and then everything was ready to go.
The day of our founding and the days following where some exciting days, would any old friend decide to join us?
If my memory serves me well we started with 6 nations when we posted our resignations from our alliances, except us 4 we had Ancient Iago and Xolver.
It was a happy surprise to have the following friends come over on the first and second day: InfluenZa, Kunehntr, Sareya, Toynbee, DerPrinz, Josshill, Satsukage and King Aurther.
Over the later months we have had other new friends and older friends come over to join us, to name the members and ex-members that have had more of an influence on this alliance: Exar224, Silver Empress, Shootemup252, Joffrey17, Kevin Chow, John Wayne, Queen Elizabeth X, Saad Bouh, Kunal12975, Xacerbate, HurricaneLOL, Gespenst Jger, Nuclear99, X5m0k3w33df0rl1feX, Jofroi, KyJellY, Ezzien, Burnin8r55555, Cyra Lomnus, Farmer John, Yankeessuck977 and MalignantPeace.

Also outside of our alliance we made new friends, at the start already we started friendships with UINE and Murder Inc, resulting in an ODAP with UINE that along the way has been upgraded to an MDoAP.
Gondor was a special case, we went against our own internal policy to first sign ODAPs before signing MDoAPs but when Cheyenne came to us that of all alliances on Planet Bob he most wanted us to be the MDoAP partner of his new alliance Gondor we where honored, resulting in a still very close relationship.
FAR was an alliance we met trough normal sphere politics, they are an ally of both UINE and Polaris, so it was more then logical that they followed us with great interest as we followed them.
Over time we developed a good relationship with them that has gotten even closer with StealingPandas in command.
We also made other friends in this time, but that list is too long to name, i only wish to mention Samotopia.

I wont bother you much longer with my wall of text, only a last thank you:
I want to thank my fellow founders, all members, all ex-members and the good friends we made in this year and i hope we can have a good time together for much more years.

Last shout out: Josshill, DerPrinz, Ancient Iago, i know you guys got deleted, but in case you rerolled: i miss you guys!

[size="5"]We will also use this topic as a Q&A, so if you have any questions for The Lost World, we will be glad to answer them![/size]

Now time for a last dinosaur comic:

[IMG]http://www.qwantz.com/comics/comic2-336.png[/IMG]

Edited by ProdigyNL

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratz to our friends and allies <3. One year is a long time in CN and I'm proud to have been with you guys all the way.

Now onto questions:

1) What are you guys focusing on going into the next year?
2) How is the new constitution/codex working for you guys?
3) Is it true that Bones has never seen Jurassic Park? If yes, then why haven't you expelled him yet?
4) Comments on the general state of CN politics? The blue team in general?

I also brought you guys some caek!

[img]http://www.kids-party-paradise.com/images/dinosaurcake.jpg[/img]

However all the children were like: OMG OM NOM NOM DINO CAEK!

This is all that's left :(

[img]http://international.stockfood.com/Pix/TISH/P79/860185_T.JPG[/img]

Sorry for the let-down...

[quote name='Keve69' timestamp='1283899921' post='2445810']
Congratz to our friends and allies <3. One year is a long time in CN and I'm proud to have been with you guys all the way.

Now onto questions:

3) Is it true that Bones has never seen Jurassic Park? If yes, then why haven't you expelled him yet?

I also brought you guys some caek!

[img]http://www.kids-party-paradise.com/images/dinosaurcake.jpg[/img]

However all the children were like: OMG OM NOM NOM DINO CAEK!

This is all that's left :(

[img]http://international.stockfood.com/Pix/TISH/P79/860185_T.JPG[/img]

Sorry for the let-down...
[/quote]
What is it with themed alliances not having seen the movie theyre themed after or atleast related to.
Bones hasnt seen Jurassic Park and most of The Corp had never seen Office Space

Damn kids these days

Now onto questions:

[/quote]

1) Increasing membership and steady growth. Maybe even acquire a treaty, or join a bloc.
2) Great! It's working out great so far. :)
3) Untrue. He has in fact seen almost every movie known to makind. ..even those god-awful Twilight ones. :gag: Not..that he's a fan.
4) Current state of CN politics? ......heh. Hee hee.. :lol1: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *clears throat* That's the current state. I think that someone should start a war already. CN is a [i]war[/i] game. The fact that we're all sitting here staring at each other from behind our treaty webs and accumulated pixels is making the game stagnant and uninteresting. If we got rid of the treaty web so that every war wouldn't be a humongous curbstomp, people would probably be more likely to A) start wars, B) stay in the game, and C) join the game. But lol @ the likelihood of everybody canceling their treaties.

Now as to blue team, blue team is a strong team just because it has a large number of alliances on it, and because a few of those alliances are quite big (ie NpO and TFD). However, as a whole, blue sphere is pretty divided. Yeah, there are some interlocking treaties and whatnot, but blue sphere is still pretty divided.

Edit: typos :wacko:

Edited by Silver Empress

[quote name='ProdigyNL' timestamp='1283892167' post='2445658']
It started when Divine Proportion wanted to start an alliance, she talked it over with old UPN friends Bones Malone and Magister Agricolarum...[/quote]

As much as I would like to take credit for being the evil master-mind behind tLW's creation, I do have to admit that it was Bones who harassed me for nearly 4 months before I finally told him I [i]might [/i]be interested.

Anyways, yay us! :awesome:

I would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone for their kind words and well-wishes. Except for WickedJ. You can stick your sorry's in a sack mister.

[/quote]

This accusation is false. Its about as false as you can get. I love that movie. Although, I do have to say, that when I was a kid I didn't really want to go see it. Loud noises scared me. But then I saw it and I was amazed and Alejandro prepared a delightful menu for us, Chilean Sea Bass I believe and then Ellie made that face when her food came out and the Quantum of Goldblum got attacked by a dinosaur and then there was a car chase with a T-Rex and OMG ROBERT MULDOON IS SO AWESOME. I like to think he survived his ordeal with the raptors and befriended them and remained on the island as a silent guardian which is why they had to send the team in the second movie to Isla Sorna because they were afraid of Robert Muldoon wielding a severed Samuel L. Jackson hand. That, and DINOSAURS. :wub: