UOKMB war with GOONS

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1283854531' post='2445122']
Man I like you are doing and you all have my well wishes but please, stop to create a new topic each time something new happens in the war between you and GOONS.
[/quote]

Unfortunately the other topic is now locked. once that happens you can't post on it.

Incidentally I have a question to you Goons.
It is probably obvious that I haven't got too involved in the ins and outs of this game so the following confuses me.
Here are the sequence of events:

1)Big alliance launches attacks against small allaince for no reason.Including irrelevant nukes.
2)Small alliance gather belongings together and retalliates against big allaince.
3)a) big alliance does very little
b)big alliance implores the rest of CN and brings in fighters from elsewhere and demands that sanctions be bought against this small, insignificant, retalliating alliance.

What is that all about? Ive never seen or heard of a game before that behaves like this.

Now Im beginning to realise how Iran feels!

:)

I'm very amused. A "sig" is what people use as their signature at the bottom of every post. Saying that what you wrote was a "sig classic" was just a way of saying it was very funny, and people are likely to quote it (not in a kind fashion).

Otherwise I see that my sarcasm was slightly aimed too high. If you do discover what my mother tongue is, please do let me know, as my parents might want their money back, having squandered it on a good English education. Edited by monkeybum

[quote name='monkeybum' timestamp='1283856594' post='2445141']
:)

I'm very amused. A "sig" is what people use as their signature at the bottom of every post. Saying that what you wrote was a "sig classic" was just a way of saying it was very funny, and people are likely to quote it (not in a kind fashion).

Otherwise I see that my sarcasm was slightly aimed too high. If you do discover what my mother tongue is, please do let me know, as my parents might want their money back, having squandered it on a good English education.
[/quote]

Understood perfectly. My Iran comment was not really supposed to be funny but never mind.

[quote name='blindswelledrat' timestamp='1283855136' post='2445128']
What is that all about? Ive never seen or heard of a game before that behaves like this.

Now Im beginning to realise how Iran feels!
[/quote]

You do know that GOONS enjoys making people feel like this? ;)

Anyway, if they're tech raiding you, it should've been non-nuclear.

Edited by MrMuz

So if some one tech raids you it is expected you lie down and take it instead of shoving a Nuke through their gullet?

I applaud Nuking Tech Raiders.

Edit: Misread. My bad, but still, even though it isn't applicable in this situation what I said is true.

Edited by VeritasK

Nukes turn a raid into a massacre. Even cruise missiles might, but it's less likely boom into all out war.

But heck, it supports what I've been saying about tech raids being unprofitable. I told you so, ktarthan :P

[quote name='blindswelledrat' timestamp='1283855136' post='2445128']
Unfortunately the other topic is now locked. once that happens you can't post on it.[/quote]

Hey, thanks for telling everyone what happens when a topics locked! You know, we were all a bit unsure about it.

It appears that the first two nukes were fired by GOONS. So I think we can pretty much rule out GOONS members coming into this thread and claiming they were provoked by a UOKMB first strike or that the first nuke was an "accident" and not government sanctioned.

EDIT: ...and the next 15 successful hits were by UOKMB nations against GOONS. Remember kids, if you are going to pick a nuke fight, nuke fight, don't stare in admiration of the first couple of shots.

Edited by ChairmanHal

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1283860988' post='2445179']
It appears that the first two nukes were fired by GOONS. So I think we can pretty much rule out GOONS members coming into this thread and claiming they were provoked by a UOKMB first strike or that the first nuke was an "accident" and not government sanctioned.
[/quote]

Does that make a difference then, because from what I have read in the locked thread 8 people working together in a structured organised way doesn't constitute an alliance.

Will their cowardly act mean that sanctions are applied to the Goonies, or are they too far up the senators backside?

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1283860988' post='2445179']

EDIT: ...and the next 15 successful hits were by UOKMB nations against GOONS. Remember kids, if you are going to pick a nuke fight, nuke fight, don't stare in admiration of the first couple of shots.
[/quote]
Spoiler warning: We're waiting for the larger nations who entered as counters later on in the day to nuke. UOKMB will all be glowing green eventually.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1283861984' post='2445189']
Man, you guys really need to stop making these threads. Read the rules. If you get warned 5 times, you get banned. That's all I'm saying.
[/quote]

OK hear what you say, however when a 300 strong alliance starts by requesting sanctions on an 8 man band of "rogues" after nuking the weakest member of the "rogues" you have to wonder why.

If I was in an alliance that strong I would just sort it and blow them out of the water, not run to the "governing body" and request sanctions on their trading.

I mean are we really a threat?

Everyone says not, and yet there are those who seem to feel threatened.

[quote name='Whyohwhy' timestamp='1283862398' post='2445194']
OK hear what you say, however when a 300 strong alliance starts by requesting sanctions on an 8 man band of "rogues" after nuking the weakest member of the "rogues" you have to wonder why.

If I was in an alliance that strong I would just sort it and blow them out of the water, not run to the "governing body" and request sanctions on their trading.

I mean are we really a threat?

Everyone says not, and yet there are those who seem to feel threatened.
[/quote]

I think you missed the point of my post. I'm just giving you a heads up else your fighting might end by different means than you expect.