GOONS owes me $90,000,000

Schattenmann

The figure settled upon as a result of the Methrage Aid Scandal thread is 90,000,000 dongs.
$90,000,000 to absolve NSO of $3,000,000 sent to Kerberos Nexus, an alliance at war with GOONS.

[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/dwight.gif[/IMG]
[size="1"]How many zeroes?[/size]

If $90,000,000 seems high, that's because it is. But, then, GOONS has always requested high reps. Take, for example, the reps requested in return for $3m that a member of CoJ sent Methrage in his first war with GOONS: "<Sardonic[GOONS]> Ehem, I hate to reneg on a deal [we had agreed on $6m] but i've just been informed that methrage used the money to launch a nuke. As such we are now requesting 20m" Show me the nuke that does $20,000,000's worth of damage and I'll show you an Admin Bomb. Fortunately, rather than declare war on us for refusing such outlandish reps, a mutual friend informed GOONS that the damage was closer to $8,000,000 and 10 tech, and being reasonable politicians, we paid that.

The fact of the matter is that aid is sent to nations at war every week. Sometimes it's an honest mistake; sometimes it's a middle finger; sometimes it's a bit of nose-pulling for giggles. Regardless, in real terms, the amount of aid that one nation can send another in one transaction is not enough to [i][b]matter[/b][/i] on the level of nuclear combatants while infrastructure and tech levels are still high enough to permit their launch and purchase. In fact, in irony most sweet, alliances like GOONS whose behavior warrants attack after attack are [i]famous[/i] for mocking the lone actions of rogues and the small impact of very small coordinated assaults. It's the laugh that NPO laughed for years, and as it turns out it's the once-and-future laugh of GOONS.

The reality of the situation being that $3m to Methrage matters nothing in terms of damage he will do laid bare by simple math and politics, the inane demand for $90m comes down to a matter of power and humiliation, as already touched upon by two of the age's greatest commentators:
[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1283700492' post='2442613']
Generally speaking, when one commits the same crime repeatedly, the penalties get more harsh. On two occasions [i]within the last thirty days[/i], a high-ranking member of the NSO has allowed a rogue to receive foreign aid.

$90,000,000 [u]is[/u] letting them off lightly.

Or, to use another example....

When a dog bites one person, you can usually get away with promising to have it muzzled. When it does the same thing again, it's time to have it put down.
[/quote]

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1283702139' post='2442644']
You know, in normal circumstances I'd agree that $90m is rather steep for this offence. (I think I criticised the $90m settlement to 'buy out' Methrage in the first place, and on the face of it going rogue is a lot worse than aiding a rogue $3m.) But this isn't a normal circumstance, NSO just had a war over exactly this issue (aiding an active rogue), and have decided that it would be funny to do it again at the first possible high profile opportunity afterwards. The reps are like $30m for actual material harm and $60m as a punitive deterrent to doing it again, again.
[/quote]

$90,000,000, then, is not a figure of reparations, but of [b]punitive damages[/b] based on the perceived proclivity of NSO to aid nations at war. Nevermind that the alliance seeking these damages based on past actions--GOONS--has [i]suffered nothing[/i] due to by NSO's prior actions.

[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/money.jpg[/IMG]
[size="1"]What $90,000,000 might look like[/size]

Indeed, what we have here is a case of pre-Karma politics in full swing.

An alliance-on-the-rise backed by its power brokers and hired hands (the cast is oh-so-familiar, eh, Mr. Lord of the Entente?) pushes a small sleight to its breaking point, riding on a wave of OWF homogeneity the allied and easily-influenced crying their moral indignation and decrying any second-guessers. Now all we need for a perfect Year 2008 stew is a dash of double-standards.

The accepted argument being that aiding a nation at war is a terrible high crime (indeed a [i]casus belli[/i]), and that NSO is double-evil because they've done it twice, and that reparations are calculated as a punishment (rather than restitution), I submit that GOONS owes the Cult of Justitia $90,000,000.

[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/TWiP/hogg.jpg[/IMG]
[size="1"]I'm gonna be rich[/size]

For, you see, GOONS--who is so outraged that Corinan would dare take pleasure in aiding a nation they're at war with, and NSO as an alliance would do it twice--has aided a nuclear rogue in active wars with the Cult of Justitia, Nemesis, and Red Elite Defence [i]twice[/i], just like NSO.

[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/goonsaid.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/goonsaid3.jpg[/IMG]

Not only that, GOONS has attacked our protectorate, U.S.S.R. despite [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=89637&view=findpost&p=2388008&hl=&fromsearch=1"]an OWF announcement[/url], [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/U.S.S.R."]wiki entry[/url], and the protectorate being listed on GOONS own [url="http://cngoons.com/Board/index.php?topic=2882.0"]No Attack List[/url].
[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/USSRraid.jpg[/IMG]

What's good for the gander . . . right? [i]Right?[/i] I figure CoJ has a big payday coming. In point of fact--and quite to the contrary of the standard they are holding NSO to--GOONS has insulted Justitia with a pittance--[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=88362&view=findpost&p=2356755"]just $3,000,000[/url] to RED and nothing to CoJ--in return for their repeated acts of war against Her cult.

Now, how many of you who are so concerned with NSO's aid activities will rush to ensure that Justitia is done justice?

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one key factor in all this: NSO continually aids people at war to annoy other alliances. It's what got them rolled a few weeks ago. They need to learn that 'being NSO' doesn't mean they can do whatever they want. Edit: not sure what happened here. Anyways, the rest of my post: I think it's more than fair. However, GOONS also loves to refuse to take accountability for their own actions. Which is hilarious.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1283819681' post='2444573']
The one key factor in all this: NSO continually aids people at war to annoy other alliances. It's what got them rolled a few weeks ago. They need to learn that 'being NSO' doesn't mean they can do whatever they want.
[/quote]
GOONS continually raids alliances that are under protection and cavalierly aids nuke rogues. They need to learn that "being GOONS" doesn't mean they can do whatever they want.

Please keep all moral relativism in the garbage can where it belongs. Its smell is repugnant to my senses.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1283819681' post='2444573']
The one key factor in all this: NSO continually aids people at war to annoy other alliances. It's what got them rolled a few weeks ago. They need to learn that 'being NSO' doesn't mean they can do whatever they want.
[/quote]

GOONs did it more than once to CoJ. Try to keep up son.

I agree with CoJ's claim here, with all the extortion GOONS has been pulling, getting away with just paying $90m which they've just recently extorted from another alliance would be going easy on them. Of course if you want to follow GOONS example you would need to include some extra punitive reps on top of that.

There should be some sort of punishment reps. I can agree that 90,000,00 is too much, but if you're arguing aiding a rogue at war isn't a wrong thing to do then I'd disagree.

Good luck on getting your money though CoJ. I'll bet you 90 mil that you won't though.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1283819895' post='2444575']
GOONS continually raids alliances that are under protection and cavalierly aids nuke rogues. They need to learn that "being GOONS" doesn't mean they can do whatever they want.
[/quote]
Crying and making a mega wall of words will stop GOONS for sure this time :rolleyes:

Schatt, do something real about it. Go on the battlefield with your anger or shut up.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1283820652' post='2444588']
There should be some sort of punishment reps. I can agree that 90,000,00 is too much,[b] but if you're arguing aiding a rogue at war isn't a wrong thing to do then I'd disagree.
[/b]
Good luck on getting your money though CoJ. I'll bet you 90 mil that you won't though.
[/quote]
Don't know where you read that? Hes not saying that.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1283820835' post='2444593']
Crying and making a mega wall of words will stop GOONS for sure this time :rolleyes:

Schatt, do something real about it. Go on the battlefield with your anger or shut up.
[/quote]

SHHH its him..Stand very still and maybe he'll just leave.

Edited by kevin32891

[/quote]

just like crying and log dumping stopped NSO :rolleyes:

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1283820652' post='2444588']
There should be some sort of punishment to go along with it. I can agree that 90,000,00 is too much, but if you're arguing aiding a rogue at war isn't a wrong thing to do then I'd disagree.

[/quote]
I'm not really a rogue and entered this war because I was sticking up for an alliance mate who got himself into a mess. I'm at war with GOONS in order to help an alliance member that GOONS were purposely asking reps of they knew he couldn't pay. (They also knew I couldn't pay it either even if I wanted to)

I appreciate GATO not sanctioning me on brown this time though.

[/quote]
Listen, broseph, believe me I already checked your war availability last night when I decided I was tired of you and I was going to "do something about it." Unfortunately, the alliance you betrayed beat me to the punch.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1283819895' post='2444575']

Please keep all moral relativism in the garbage can where it belongs. Its smell is repugnant to my senses.
[/quote]
My dear friend, i propose a solution. lets !@#$@#$ destroy both alliances? :wub:

[/quote]
Stop sucking up to GOONS. You're a terrible terrible poster and as an entity you're even worse than NSO is. So shut up and stop posting forever.

edit: Just to clarify, I really don't care about the size of the reps or whatever this thread is about, Fernando is just the worst poster I've ever seen and is a complete fine gentleman and I felt like pointing it out and making a post about it.

Edited by President Obama

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1283820871' post='2444595']
Don't know where you read that? Hes not saying that.

SHHH its him..Stand very still and maybe he'll just leave.
[/quote]

I didn't read that. I just wanted a clarification on what the argument was. As soon as you argue 90mil is too much then the question is "what is a reasonable price?"

I'll agree 90mil is too much.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283821002' post='2444597']
I'm not really a rogue and entered this war because I was sticking up for an alliance mate who got himself into a mess. I'm at war with GOONS in order to help an alliance member that GOONS were purposely asking reps of they knew he couldn't pay. (They also knew I couldn't pay it either even if I wanted to)

I appreciate GATO not sanctioning me on brown this time though.
[/quote]

[ooc] I've been away for a few days so haven't seen all the drama, sorry[/ooc]

The sanction isn't my call anymore since I'm no longer in GATO, but I'll tell they're senator not to sanction you if it makes you feel better :)

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1283821010' post='2444598']
Presented in the usually eloquent style for which we know Schat, the best part about this, is that it's all logical and true.

Ball's in your court, GOONS. :smug:
[/quote]

Run, hide,issue gag orders and pretend the issue doesn't exist, only play public play I see possible, well unless The Goons come completely out of character and throw us a curve and pays CoJ.

However I don't see that happening.