GOONS DoW Announcement

Beefspari

[center][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100605090103/cybernations/images/d/d0/Cngoonsflag.png[/img][/center]

On 9/2 the alliance Kerberos Nexus has decided to engage in six aggressive wars against GOONS nations. Since this is literally 100% of the possible aggressive wars slots Kerberos Nexus has available, we're considering this an obvious act of war. Kerberos Nexus has not provided a CB or a reason for the attack other than apparent boredom. When approached to resolve the first war situation diplomatically, Methrage (Kerberos Nexus leader) decided instead to declare more wars against us.

Although it's hardly worth noting a DoW against a 2-man AA, this is a notification that anyone assisting Kerberos Nexus in any way, shape, or form will be considered committing an act of war against the GOONS alliance directly and dealt with accordingly.

Thank you, and have a pleasant evening.

Signed,
Sardonic, Pilot
Ktarthan, Co-Pilot
Darksol, Secretariat
Beefspari, Strategos
Tristesse, Council
Biazt, Council
Xodi, Council
zsiec, Council

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1283495500' post='2440093']
Let me see if I have this figured out: the GOONS do not post DoWs when they attack alliances of 10 or 15 nations, but they will post a DoW when a two member alliance attacks them. Why?
[/quote]
Because of the second paragraph up there.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1283495241' post='2440081']
[color="#0000FF"]I'm not impressed.[/color]
[/quote]

Yeah, it seems like a waste of breath, but it's better to cover our bases with something like this. We could just quash the rogue and be on our way, but it seems important in the ensuing drama to ensure everyone is aware that aiding him will not be tolerated. Call it a public courtesy.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1283495820' post='2440108']
Well, I'm sure someone will find a reason to be outraged about this no matter how cut and dry it is, don't worry.
[/quote]

They already have, brother. They already have.

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1283495678' post='2440101']
Ah, so anyone can aid alliances you are attacking where you did not post a DoW and that will not be considered an act of war?
[/quote]
No, we felt it needed to be made clear this time because Methrage is acting willy-nilly. The people who are currently supposedly protecting him had no idea he was acting and declaring war. This is a warning to them and anyone else. Methrage is a drama hound, and will likely use any reason to say it was us being awful and unfair GOONS. We're giving everyone a fair warning, so nobody can say they didn't know.

It's never a good idea to aid people we're at war with (or anyone is at war with really). I doubt it needs to be said not to aid some 500 NS nation, but Methrage is probably going to try and trick people into doing it, either through deceit or sympathy. If he does, we warned them.

You're making GOONs look good -.- Thats the only way you can claim victory now Methrage. :smug:

[quote]It's never a good idea to aid people we're at war with (or anyone is at war with really). I doubt it needs to be said not to aid some 500 NS nation, but Methrage is probably going to try and trick people into doing it, either through deceit or sympathy. If he does, we warned them. [/quote]

Have you messaged all thousands of nations yet about not being 'tricked' by Methrage? While its a good thing you're trying but if somebody gets "tricked" by not being upto date on OWF, I dont think they deserve hostilities unless they're unwilling to amend their mistakes diplomatically.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283497250' post='2440144']
Our reasoning was completely justified, look in the other thread not made by GOONS for truth.
[/quote]
Normally people make up a CB before they attack, not several hours after. But good luck with that reason.

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1283496813' post='2440135']
You're making GOONs look good -.- Thats the only way you can claim victory now Methrage. :smug:
[/quote]

Now it all makes sense. I think. I guess this means I will throw my support to a speedy resolution and fair terms for Methrage post-war. This was rather a hot head flare-up... for both sides, hardly something the scale of another 90 million in reps or another EoG hearing.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1283495944' post='2440114']
I got all excited, and then saw who you were DOWing on. Have fun GOONS. Also you can thank ROK for making sure no one will be aiding Methrage 6 million dollars :P
[/quote]
What did RoK do? I thought I had their support in this one. :(