A Joint Asgaard - Nordreich Announcement

bandnerd

[center][img]http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/5269/asgaardtreaty.jpg[/img][/center]

glad to see this finally come to pass.

o/ Nor
o/ Asgaard

edit: it appears that people are having issues with the font, so here is a more readable version:

[center][quote]The Gods of the Northern Kingdom

Preamble:
The dwellers of the Sky Citadel of Asgaard and the Empire of Nordreich have come together around the Well of Urd to announce to the worlds that the folk of both now share one another’s shields, drink, and wisdom.

First Barrel: Non Aggression

First Goblet

All of the folk of Asgaard and Nordreich swear on the great ash tree, Yggdrasil, that not one from either land will raise blade, or word against the other beyond the bones and pride that are broken in good sport. Nor will either of these realms aid the others foe, be it by strength of arms, shine of gold, or slip of tongue.

Second Goblet

Rulers of both realms agree that if one of their folk violates the words of the First Barrel by blade, word or cunning, this attack will be condemned and both realms shall meet in council to amend the ill deed and compensation in gold, food and drink shall be pushed upon the injured until the wounds are forgotten and that time seems but a dream.

Second Barrel: Mutual Defense

Third Goblet

If it so passes that one of the realms that are bound by this oath, is set upon by a force of outsiders, or has reasonable proof that a force of outsiders are about to set fire to their gates, then the other realm will offer their influence, gold, and weapon folk to defend the dwellers of the set upon realm, and attempt to cease the red river’s flow.

Fourth Goblet

Both of the realms agree to offer their support as ambassadors of peace, in the event of war with outsiders. These ambassadors shall be entrusted with the tasks to fairly negotiate an end to a meeting of arms, payment for spoiled goods, and apologies if needed.

Fifth Goblet
If there comes a time when one of the allies of a bound realm is set upon, and the bound realm sends its’ folk to join the allies on their wall tops, then the other bound realm is not required, to send its’ own weapon folk to stand the walls in this conflict. They may however offer their axes should their honor desires it.

Third Barrel: Mutual Intelligence

If either of these oath bound realms learn through the chattering of Ratatosk, the whispers of the winds, or through any of the other ways of words delicate knowledge that concerns the other then that realm will share this knowledge and from whence it came over a hearty meal, and around a warm fire.

Fourth Barrel: Optional Aggression
When the warriors of one of the realms march out to a bathing of the blades then it is understood that the weapon folk of the other realm are welcome to a place in the other realm’s shield wall.

Fifth Barrel: External Treaties

In the event of conflict with oaths that were made with other realms that contradict with this oath, it shall remain binding and those conflicts shall be resolved as they come.

Sixth Barrel: Treaty Cancellation

If either of these realms wish to do away with this oath at anytime, then they agree to alert the other realm four days time before hand. During the following circles of the chariots, both realms agree to hold diplomatic discussions with the intent of maintaining the oath.

Seventh Barrel: Funeral Expenses Included
In case an individual of good standing that was much beloved of both realms passes on to the great journey, then both realms agree to share the honor of the last rites that will be performed, and any expenses that are incurred as a result of the loading of the ship or the building of the barrow.
So sayeth the Norns, any who break this oath through meaningful intent will suffer a curse thrice as powerful as that, that laid waste to Siegfried.[/quote][/center]

Edited by bandnerd

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1281589721' post='2412302']
Asgaard are some awesome people and I am glad to call them friends, [s]even though[/s] because they harbor that Thrawn guy :awesome:

o/ Asgaard
o/ Nordreich

Step 2 of the viking bloc :lol1: had to say it since I know that is coming
[/quote]

fixed for you.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1281590661' post='2412328']
Glad to take this up to the next level. But please, stop raiding our mead fridge when we aren't looking! [i][u][b]I know Asgaard makes the better mead[/b][/u][/i]... but we don't mind sharing.

:P
[/quote]

Those be fighting words!!!! You obviously have not sampled the following.

[center][IMG]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn2/grimboldUC/ROK/skullsplitter.png[/IMG][/center]

For more info regarding Ragnarok Alcohol brands, feel free to PM me. Or inquire at www.ragnarokalliance.com

You know what? I think i shall leverage my position as the Ragnarok Director of Drunk, to send across assorted cases and barrels to you both, to aid in the celebrations of this treaty.

Edited by Alfred von Tirpitz