Ragnarok Declaration of War

[center][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/MistahHoo/RoKLogo.png[/IMG]

[b]Ragnarok[/b][/center]

Recently, the New Sith Order accepted a member that went rogue on our protectorate TENE. They were not aware he was a rogue at the time, but once we made them aware they stated he was under their protection. Our protectorate requested that we fill the war slots of this rogue, and we agreed to do so. Last night, war was declared on Sedrick of the New Sith Order.

Shortly after, Heft contacted me and asked about the attacks. He stated that we were notified of NSO's intent to protect the nation.

Logs:

[quote]Session Start: Sat Aug 07 22:02:17 2010
[22:02] <Heft> Hi
11[22:02] <VanHooIII[RoK]> Hello
[22:03] <Heft> Your guys are attacking a new member of ours: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=410982
[22:03] <Heft> I'd prefer if that didn't happen
11[22:03] <VanHooIII[RoK]> He is a rogue against our protectorate, you guys were made aware of this ... correct?
[22:04] <Heft> Your protectorate spied on him and threatened him with war
[22:04] <Heft> I believe Heggo told Rampage this earlier
11[22:05] <VanHooIII[RoK]> Your new member spied first, and threatened war as well
11[22:05] <VanHooIII[RoK]> He then went rogue on multiple TENE nations
11[22:05] <VanHooIII[RoK]> We'd rather him settle this before joining a new alliance
[22:06] <Heft> I haven't seen any claims that he spied on them. The only evidence we have establishes TENE committing an act of war upon him first
11[22:06] <VanHooIII[RoK]> In the middle of a heated argument, Adzz of TENE had two spy attacks ... right as Sedrick was threatening him with war
[22:06] <Heft> And he had already sent them peace offers prior to applying to the NSO
11[22:06] <VanHooIII[RoK]> Adzz spied back
11[22:06] <VanHooIII[RoK]> This all occurred on the 4th
11[22:07] <VanHooIII[RoK]> On the 6th, and again on the 7th, Sedrick went rogue on TENE
11[22:07] <VanHooIII[RoK]> We will be more than happy to cease attacks on Sedrick once he has paid reps to TENE
[22:07] <Heft> You want him to pay reps while you attack him?
11[22:08] <VanHooIII[RoK]> We can cease if he agrees to pay them, sure
11[22:08] <VanHooIII[RoK]> At this point, he had no desire to do so and up until today was continuing attacks
11[22:08] <VanHooIII[RoK]> Retaliaiton was requested by TENE, we agreed
11[22:09] <VanHooIII[RoK]> If you'd like to negotiate peace for your nation, we are all ears
[22:09] <Heft> Regardless, Heggo had clearly stated that we were considering him under our protection
[22:09] <Heft> Did something change after that that I've missed?
11[22:10] <VanHooIII[RoK]> And we clearly stated that we don't care
11[22:10] <VanHooIII[RoK]> He is a rogue nation and will be attacked until he has been cleared
11[22:10] <VanHooIII[RoK]> Regardless of where he goes
11[22:11] <VanHooIII[RoK]> Now, he has two options ... pay for the damages he caused plus punitive damages, or continue to be attacked for his offenses
11[22:11] <VanHooIII[RoK]> It isn't personal, as far as we are concerned
11[22:11] <VanHooIII[RoK]> It is what it is
[22:12] <Heft> The only evidence we have paints him as the defender, with TENE clearly provoking him
11[22:12] <VanHooIII[RoK]> We see it differently, and will side with our protectorate
[22:13] <Heft> If you wish to continue attacking him then there isn't much we can realistically do to prevent that, I realize
11[22:13] <VanHooIII[RoK]> It is more up to him than the NSO, yes
11[22:14] <VanHooIII[RoK]> If he feels reps aren't an option, he can be ZIed ... then he can go on his merry way
[22:16] <Heft> Well, I wouldn't be surprised to see some war aid floated his way, at least
11[22:16] <VanHooIII[RoK]> Your choice, but we will be forced to react accordingly
11[22:16] <VanHooIII[RoK]> I hope you understand
[22:17] <Heft> I consider it a reasonable compromise, personally
11[22:17] <VanHooIII[RoK]> And we'd consider aid sent to a nation we deem a rogue and are at war with as an act of war
[22:18] <Heft> Well that certainly seems less reasonable
11[22:19] <VanHooIII[RoK]> Again, that is your choice
11[22:19] <VanHooIII[RoK]> You have stated your view on the issue, and I have stated ours
11[22:20] <VanHooIII[RoK]> Whatever the NSO decides to do from this point on, they do so knowing full well where we stand
[22:22] <Heft> It is possible for my decision to be overturned, either to a more or less active stance, but I do thing it's the simplest diplomatic approach. We'll see what happens, though
11[22:23] <VanHooIII[RoK]> Well, I am sure you guys will do what you feel is right[/quote]

I made it very clear that sending aid to the rogue would be considered an act of war. Moments later, aid was sent from the NSO to the rogue nation. I contacted Heft to confirm that this was condoned by the NSO. I wanted to make sure it was not just random nations trying to help.

[quote]11[22:37] <VanHooIII[RoK]> It appears you guys chose
[22:38] <Heft> Compromise
[22:38] <Heft> I chose peace
11[22:39] <VanHooIII[RoK]> We told you in advance how we would view it, that is not exactly choosing peace
[22:40] <Heft> You didn't really leave me much choice
11[22:42] <VanHooIII[RoK]> Neither did you
[22:47] <Heft> Well okay then
[22:47] <Heft> it sounds like you're trying to jump on 6M as a pretense for war
[22:47] <Heft> What with your vague ominous...ness...
11[22:48] <VanHooIII[RoK]> No, you decided to protect and aid someone knowing full well the result
11[22:48] <VanHooIII[RoK]> We don't have anything against the NSO
11[22:48] <VanHooIII[RoK]> I told you, it didn't matter where he went, we were going to attack him per our protectorate's request
[22:48] <Heft> No, I decided not to protect him
[22:48] <Heft> We are very obviously and deliberately not currently protecting him
11[22:49] <VanHooIII[RoK]> You were advised that aiding him would be considered an act of war
11[22:49] <VanHooIII[RoK]> Depsite this, you aided him anyway
11[22:49] <VanHooIII[RoK]> That was your choice
11[22:49] <VanHooIII[RoK]> Despite*
[22:49] <Heft> And I made it clear it was in no way an act of war but an attempt at compromise
11[22:50] <VanHooIII[RoK]> Well, I am glad that the NSO does not consider it an act of war
[22:50] <Heft> You failed to offer any alternatives other than "eh, $%&@ off", basically
11[22:50] <VanHooIII[RoK]> However, we do
11[22:50] <VanHooIII[RoK]> I gave the nation alternatives
11[22:50] <VanHooIII[RoK]> Agree to pay reps or be ZIed
11[22:50] <VanHooIII[RoK]> pretty standard
11[22:50] <VanHooIII[RoK]> Pretty*
11[22:50] <VanHooIII[RoK]> A compromise is usually something agreed upon by both parties
11[22:51] <VanHooIII[RoK]> We clearly did not agree
[22:52] <Heft> 6M is not cause for war when people are not actively looking for a cause for war
[22:52] <Heft> And even then it's a bit of a stretch
11[22:52] <VanHooIII[RoK]> If it isn't a cause for war, then you should not have aided him
[22:53] <Heft> What?
11[22:53] <VanHooIII[RoK]> If $6 mil is not cause for war, then you should not have sent it
[22:53] <Heft> No that doesn't make sense
11[22:54] <VanHooIII[RoK]> You decided to send the aid, knowing full well what our response would be
11[22:54] <VanHooIII[RoK]> Therefore, if $6 mil is not worth war ...
11[22:54] <VanHooIII[RoK]> You should not have sent it
[22:55] <Heft> I trusted that RoK would be level-headed enough to respond in a reasonable manner
[22:56] <Heft> Since there isn't any real bad blood between us I didn't expect for you to decide this was a good excuse for something else
11[22:57] <VanHooIII[RoK]> It isn't an excuse
11[22:57] <VanHooIII[RoK]> I told you sending aid to a nation we were attacking is an act of war
11[22:57] <VanHooIII[RoK]> That has always been or stance
11[22:57] <VanHooIII[RoK]> We didn't create it just for you
[22:57] <Heft> Well it's not a valid really for an actual war, that's for sure
11[22:57] <VanHooIII[RoK]> I am sorry you feel that way
[22:58] <Heft> I don't have enough patience to toy with political ploys and hiding behind pretense
11[22:59] <VanHooIII[RoK]> It isn't political, or even personal
11[22:59] <VanHooIII[RoK]> It is what it is, just like I told you
[23:16] <Heft> Alright, we can talk tomorrow, or you can talk to someone else tomorrow
Session Close: Sat Aug 07 23:43:54 2010[/quote]

When we say we consider something an act of war, and you do it anyway ... you can expect us to declare war on you.

Ragnarok hereby declares war on the New Sith Order.

Edited by Van Hoo III

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic