IRON dispatch

[center][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100116150028/cybernations/images/thumb/8/8f/IRON.svg/800px-IRON.svg.png[/img][/center]

48 hours ago, the alliance of Sovereign League of Armed Powers invoked Article V of the protectorate treaty.

[quote]
V. Cancellation and Possible Upgrade:
Should either side feel that this treaty is no longer required, they agree to give the other a 48 hour cancellation notice, during which the treaty remains active. Should SLAP feel they have outgrown the need for protection and assistance; the parties will discuss a possible upgrade of this treaty as they see fit.
[/quote]

Efective now the treaty is absovled. We wish them well on their path.

[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i71/zenster80/IRON/2-1.png[/img]
Signed

DVDCCHN
IRON council
Secretary of State

Edited by dvdcchn

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1280886000' post='2400233']
This seems like a "beat you to it" announcement. :/
[/quote]

Heh, well I'm sure VE would know all about those :P.

That said, to IRON's credit they did say that it was SLAP who invoked the cancellation clause.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1280890369' post='2400307']
Welp, paging poison clan to this thread
[/quote]

WickedJ, also link them to this http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=90125&st=0&gopid=2400311&#entry2400311 :lol1:^_^

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1280920055' post='2400579']
Does SLAP have any treaties now?
[/quote]

No treaties but there's this: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=90125

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1280886000' post='2400233']
This seems like a "beat you to it" announcement. :/
[/quote]

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1280889460' post='2400281']
It seems like it
[/quote]

I think not; DVD was even a tad late if you want to be precise about it (51h, give or take a few minutes, after the said Article was invoked).

Bonne chance SLAP!

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1280920412' post='2400583']
Considering that SLAP cancelled on us and immediately signed with IRON in order to slap us in the face (ooooh bad pun), I'm not too impressed TPE chose to protect them.
[/quote]

Not a formal protectorate per say but we do have a friend there and the least we could do was offer temporary protection from the [i]benevolent[/i] raiders in BOB. Is this one of those "No good deed goes unpunished?".

[quote name='Theophilos' timestamp='1280922111' post='2400595']
I think not; DVD was even a tad late if you want to be precise about it (51h, give or take a few minutes, after the said Article was invoked).

Bonne chance SLAP!
[/quote]

Ouch---things really didn't go well between SLAP/IRON did they ?

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1280922782' post='2400600']
Not a formal protectorate per say but we do have a friend there and the least we could do was offer temporary protection from the [i]benevolent[/i] raiders in BOB. Is this one of those "No good deed goes unpunished?".
[/quote]

After Banksy explained to me that there was one particular guy in SLAP who was the problem, and he's now joined IRON, I'm a little more understanding of the situation. My mistake, sorry. Classy move, I'm not a gigantic fan of raiders.

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1280922824' post='2400601']
Ouch---things really didn't go well between SLAP/IRON did they ?
[/quote]
There weren't any big issues to be honest. I'm not sure where you are coming from, but I think you're rather uninformed on this one.

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1280890307' post='2400306']
Heh, well I'm sure VE would know all about those :P.

That said, to IRON's credit they did say that it was SLAP who invoked the cancellation clause.
[/quote]To the letter, they performed.