Notification on Defunct Treat

Kankou

With the transfer of the [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=89069"]South China Sea Islands to Koryo[/url], the Confederation considers the [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=87248&view=findpost&p=2350755"]Transfer of Land Rights[/url] treaty to be defunct.

From now on, no military ships except the direct allies of Koryo or members of the South China Sea will be allowed to pass through Koryo waters. In addition, any nations that may have SOSUS lines in the area shall have a month (OOC: 4 RL days) to notify Koryo and remove them.

OOC: Szent Korona had transfered land to me. A member of the Oceanic Union [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=89354&view=findpost&p=2381729"]is now attempting[/url] to use a treaty to take land that I have.

Edited by Kankou

[quote name='Markus Wilding' date='20 July 2010 - 08:07 PM' timestamp='1279678028' post='2381754']
"Why are you attempting to cancel a treaty made by a now defunct nation? You're only attempting to further your own gains."

- Alvonian politician taking a vacation in Sicily
[/quote]

OOC: Assuming it was public enough for me to know

IC: Defunct does not mean cancel.

Per the terms of the treaty, Neo Japan may not cede the land away. Your recognition of the treaty is irrelevant and the land will revert back to the Oceanic Union. Should you wish to lease or purchase it, your may present your request before the Oceanic Union nations.

OOC: And so you know, I'm also not ICly informing Korea of of the existence of, nor removing SOSUS in the area either.

EDIT: cede, not seed <_<

Edited by iKrolm

[i]"The government of Vauleyo-Buryatia requests confirmation as to the extent of Koryo waters. Does this include both territorial waters and EEZ, and could the government of Koryo provide a map as to the extent of these waters for future reference."[/i]-Vauleyo-Buryatia Diplomatic Corps

OOC: iKrolm thats not what your treaty says technically. It says that you get it back if Szent ceases to exist, not that he cannot give it away. When he transferred the land he didn't cease to exist but transferred the ownership rights.

[quote name='Triyun' date='20 July 2010 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1279683682' post='2381956']
OOC: iKrolm thats not what your treaty says technically. It says that you get it back if Szent ceases to exist, not that he cannot give it away. When he transferred the land he didn't cease to exist but transferred the ownership rights.
[/quote]

OOC: True, though if you really want to get technical "Neo Tokyo is no more" came before "Neo Japan cedes all land excluding New Kyoto to Koryo." In either case, Neo Japan has ceased to exist & the Sunset clause is activated.

[quote name='graniteknight' date='22 July 2010 - 03:18 PM' timestamp='1279833470' post='2384794']
OOC: hey noob, i won the election :P
[/quote]

OOC: Every time you call him a noob, it gets more and more hilarious. /sarcasm

IC:

I hope that a resolution will come soon. Koryo has been making a lot of waves in East Asia lately and we hope that the scene will quiet down soon.

Should the territorial waters claimed by Koryo conflict with either our commercial interests in the region or our obligations to allies such as the United States of China, the Holy American Empire will be forced to take action in order to remain able to abide by our treaties and economic investments.