TAB is taking our pants off and sittin around the house

My fellow citizens of Planet Bob, I come before you today to bring a bittersweet announcement: The Aquatic Brotherhood will be merging with the Mostly Harmless Alliance tonight as of update.

For some time now the real world has pulled many of TAB's finest away, which is the reason that this merger has come to pass. But even as we move into this next phase of our existence, I would like to pause to say a few words about The Aquatic Brotherhood and the people in it.

Like a phoenix rising from the ashes of the disgraced Blue Turtle Alliance, TAB was founded by +Zeke+, Count Rupert and Fatt Sorum. We founded ourselves on principles of honor and fair play and community, wanting to prove to all that not only could we come together and build a solid alliance and a respected alliance, but a lasting alliance. With the help of skilled and dedicated members and leadership we did just that. We became more than that even, we became a family. Wars and crises came and went, and we stood strong, doing our part to defend our allies and strike fiercely at our enemies. We focused on promoting growth and unity within the Aqua Sphere. New members came and rose through the ranks, proving themselves to be both skilled and loyal at every turn. I personally had the honor to watch as some of my own pupils and comrades went on to become great leaders in their own right, and many of their names are known to you: Crushtania, Commander John, Atriedes Phalanx, Scott Robb, BlackjackCF, Hendrik The Great, Jm0406 and many others. The number of great people we have had the pleasure of counting as our membership or as allies in other alliances is indeed too large to quantify, and we want to thank all you most sincerely for your friendship and support through the years. We were not without our troubles, of course. Like any family there were times where our bonds were tested from within and without. Sometimes things worked out well, sometimes not. But the spirit of TAB held strong; even when times got tough and disaster lurked just around the next turn. And it is that spirit that we believe will always live on, no matter what happens. It is a bond that stretches across time and space and cyberspace. No matter what alliance we are in, no matter where our real lives take us, we can hold our heads high and remember that we have achieved the very thing we set out to do. TAB has had a great run, and indeed has lasted longer and done more than many would have ever thought possible. And the principles on which our beloved alliance was founded are timeless as well. We will carry them wherever we go.

Once again we would like to thank all of our friends and allies, members and leaders, past and present. We would also like to thank the MHA, one of our longest and dearest allies, for their assistance with this merger. After three glorious years, we bid thee Farewell.

For The Aquatic Brotherhood,

Tiberivs, Triumvir

The Aquatic Brotherhood will become Mostly Harmless as of 0001 hrs 19 July 2010. TABastards should[url="http://mostlyharmlessalliance.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12520&start=0"] FOLLOW THIS LINK [/url]to register at the MHA Forums. Mostly Harmless Alliance will protect the TAB AA until 0001hrs 01 August 2010

Commander John, Magister Emeritus-Shadow Triumvir

[quote name='Kevanovia' date='19 July 2010 - 03:30 PM' timestamp='1279517437' post='2378518']
Darn...looks like TAB were the ones that I needed to talk to. :smug:
[/quote]

:lol1: Good to see you can make a joke at your expense. I did find it funny. :)

Best of luck in MHA, TAB.

[quote name='Kevanovia' date='19 July 2010 - 01:30 AM' timestamp='1279517437' post='2378518']
Darn...looks like TAB were the ones that I needed to talk to. :smug:
[/quote]

Wow. That was actually worth the huge blunder. I lol'd. :v:

The Aquatic Brotherhood was my home for over two years and I was proud to serve it as a Centurion, Deputy Finance Minister, Chief Ambassador and Triumvir. It was a strong and loyal alliance. It was - sometimes to its detriment - proud of its heritage and place in history. It had many achievements during its time with a stellar alumnus - Commander John, Tiberivs, Zeke, Count Rupert, Fatt Sorum, BlackjackCF, MonE Mike, Scott Robb, Tieandra and many others. I was honored to be a member and will always consider it my spiritual home. I cannot be more humbled to accept them as brothers once again as they make their way into my beloved MHA.

o/ MHAil, TAB! Forever our brothers!

Welcome to MHA folks! You have been great friends to our alliance and we're proud to now call you hitchhikers.

EDIT: Anyone who chooses to raid the TAB AA during the transition can expect a mostly harmless PM from me.

Edited by Cable77

My time in TAB was the best time I've had so far. I've experienced so much more than I ever thought I could, and despite any problems I may have had with a former member, I can proudly say I still love all of you. :wub:

Good luck in MHA, those of you who stayed.

Edited by Sargun

TAB had been only a semi independent shadow of MHA for most of the last two years with many in MHA having full access to TABs boards and the ability to participate fully in TAB's government decisionmaking. Because of this, this move is not really that surprising and I would argue is about a year and a half overdue.

It is sad, though, because during its prime, TAB was a shining example of life after a severe defeat. It showed that if people are dedicated enough, they can rebuild. For that, I will salute the former members of TAB and wish them luck in their new homes.