Axis of /b/; Do#A

A few months ago I posted a deceleration of existence of the new /b/. Things were bumpy to say the least. Our alliance was dropping and gaining members at equal rates, and stayed around just below 20 nations. Then things smoothed out and aside from the occasional tech-raid on a member of the alliance by rogue, unaligned nations, it was business as usual; tech deals, trade circles, peace treaties.

Well as of about two weeks ago, a number of GOONS alliance nations decided to start swarming and ganging up on most of /b/. We didn't have any official protectorate in place. I made some unsanctioned statements, and in the end to avoid being ground to dust, I set up a deal and folded all the members of my alliance into Athens, and we now all follow Londo.

Just thought I would inform anyone interested who was not already aware.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Believland' date='08 July 2010 - 07:12 AM' timestamp='1278601938' post='2363460']
Londo, would you mind teaching me the secrets of absorbing alliances?

Watch out for Rsox, he bites
[/quote]

Dont have to ask Londo, I'll tell you the secret myself from having to be absorbed. Befriend small, tenuous alliances that nobody likes. Then when they get raided and don't know what to do, don't fight on their behalf, offer them to join you and fall in line.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='09 July 2010 - 02:11 AM' timestamp='1278601857' post='2363458']
Please insert the usual statements regarding /b/ history, GOONS forcing small alliances into protectorate situations, usually within the grand treaty web causing further stagnation, etc., etc. <_<
[/quote]

Too true. <_<

So yeah, technically the /b/ alliance no longer exists (aside from the stragglers who never changed their alliance designation) But since we moved into Athens, you can think of us like a cult within Athens who still worship our old gods.

[quote name='Nonymguy' date='08 July 2010 - 11:14 AM' timestamp='1278602068' post='2363462']
Dont have to ask Londo, I'll tell you the secret myself from having to be absorbed. Befriend small, tenuous alliances that nobody likes. Then when they get raided and don't know what to do, don't fight on their behalf, offer them to join you and fall in line.
[/quote]
You sound mad about this...

[quote name='Believland' date='08 July 2010 - 08:06 AM' timestamp='1278605159' post='2363503']
You sound mad about this...
[/quote]
You think? I went from being a Dictator of an alliance to just a nobody...

[quote name='Believland' date='08 July 2010 - 08:18 AM' timestamp='1278605907' post='2363512']
Then don't merge your alliance, heh
[/quote]
A) Too late. B) I think GOONS would be waiting like a hungry wolf to catch us unprotected.

[quote name='TOLWYN' date='08 July 2010 - 06:55 PM' timestamp='1278608104' post='2363534']
someone should do something about it.
[/quote]

Yes, you are clearly the best qualified candidate to do something about it. Maybe, if you unify the black team....

[quote name='Nonymguy' date='08 July 2010 - 09:12 AM' timestamp='1278601906' post='2363459']
Eh, it was that, try to survive the war until GOONS got bored with bombing us, or write some silly story and post it on their forum. They basically wanted us to disappear or be humiliated.
[/quote]
I still don't get why people get so upset about GOONS wanting them to write short stories or draw funny pictures. You must not care about your alliance very much if you can't write a comedic short story to save its life.