The Reform of Haruhi Suzumiya

Over the past few weeks at the SOS Brigade, there has been much debate over the structure of our alliance and specifically, the clarity with which our Charter illustrated this structure. In that time, a new Charter for the SOS Brigade has been drafted, approved, amended and finally completed and is ready for the perusal of Planet Bob as a whole. Note that this Charter still bears the signatures of the previous government of the SOS Brigade, as it was approved on the 22nd of June. However, some much-needed amendments to the Charter were not passed into law until today, thus the delay in this Charter's announcement.

Without further ado, I present to you all... [b]Charter 2.0: You Can (Now) Spread Excitement[/b]

[quote][center][img]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/Arrnea/sosdancnboards/sosdanlogo300.png[/img]

[size=7][b]Charter of the SOS Brigade[/b][/size][/center]

[size=5][b]Preamble[/b][/size]

Attention all Aliens, Time Travellers and Espers! We are the [b]Spreading Excitement all Over the World with Haruhi Suzumiya Brigade[/b] (世界を大いに盛り上げるための涼宮ハルヒの団, [i]Sekai wo Ooi ni Moriageru Tame no Suzumiya Haruhi no Dan[/i]), the [b]SOS Brigade[/b] (SOS団) for short. We really should have been the Spreading Excitement all Over the World with Haruhi Suzumiya [i]Organization[/i], but we didn't have the right to form a student organization, so we had to make do with just 'Brigade'.

Oh, and in case you're wondering why we're called such a thing as the SOS Brigade and what exactly it is that we do, you'd have to ask Haruhi. Really, she seems to be the only one around here who even has a clue as to what we're supposed to be doing.

[size=5][b]Article One: The Government of Haruhi Suzumiya[/b][/size]

The SOS Brigade shall be governed by the [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i] (団長と超監督, [i]Danchou to Choukantoku[/i]), the plenipotentiary of the great Haruhi Suzumiya herself, with the consultation of the [i]Senior Brigade Staff[/i] and the [i]Junior Brigade Staff[/i], who shall be appointed by the [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i] and the [i]Senior Brigade Staff[/i], respectively as necessary.

[b]Part One: Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/b]
The SOS Brigade shall be led by the [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i], acting as the plenipotentiary of Haruhi Suzumiya. This person, in concert with the [i]Senior Brigade Staff[/i] shall exercise final authority over all decisions made for the SOS Brigade and shall remain in this position until they choose to retire or are impeached. The [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i] shall, in addition to the powers already detailed, be permitted to exercise a veto over any action decided upon by the [i]Senior Brigade Staff[/i], preventing the undertaking of such an action.

[b]Part Two: Senior Brigade Staff[/b]
The [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i] shall appoint four members of the SOS Brigade, at his or her discretion, to serve on the [i]Senior Brigade Staff[/i]. These members shall, along with the [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i] serve as the executive governing body of the SOS Brigade and be responsible for all decision-making within the alliance.
The four positions that make up the [i]Senior Brigade Staff[/i] of the SOS Brigade shall be as follows:[LIST]
[*]The first member of the [i]Senior Brigade Staff[/i] shall be the [i]Esper and Mysterious Transfer Student[/i] (超能力者と謎の転校生, [i]Chounouryokusha to Nazo no Tenkousei[/i]), whose main duty is to co-ordinate the Foreign Affairs of the SOS Brigade including, but not limited to managment of the diplomatic staff, negotiation of treaties and other agreements and rapid-response to other needs of a diplomatic nature.
[*]The second member of the [i]Senior Brigade Staff[/i] shall be the [i]Time Traveller and Brigade Mascot[/i] (未来人と団マスコット, [i]Miraijin to Danmasukotto[/i]), whose main duties are to create propaganda for the SOS Brigade and to oversee recruitment efforts.
[*]The third member of the [i]Senior Brigade Staff[/i] shall be the [i]Alien Supercomputer and Meganekko[/i] (宇宙人スーパーコンピュータとメガネっ娘, [i]Uchuujin Suupaakonpyuuta to Meganekko[/i]), whose main duty is to co-ordinate the military of the SOS Brigade and attend to needs involving the military defense of the SOS Brigade.
[*]The fourth and final member of the [i]Senior Brigade Staff[/i] shall be the [i]Ordinary Human and Errand Boy[/i] (通常の人間と使いの少年, [i]Tsuujou no Ningen to Tsukai no Shounen[/i]), whose duties include, but are not limited to the management of North High School and the management of the SOS Brigade's economic programmes.[/LIST]Members of the [i]Senior Brigade Staff[/i] may be removed from office at any time by the [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i], at which time the [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i] shall appoint another member of the SOS Brigade to serve in their place.

[b]Part Three: Junior Brigade Staff[/b]
The four members of the [i]Senior Brigade Staff[/i] shall each appoint two members of the SOS Brigade to serve directly under them and comprise the [i]Junior Brigade Staff[/i]. These members shall not be considered directly as a part of the governing executive of the SOS Brigade, but instead as an advisory board to the governing executive. Any appointment to the [i]Junior Brigade Staff[/i] must be approved by the [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i] prior to coming into effect.
The eight positions that make up the [i]Junior Brigade Staff[/i] of the SOS Brigade shall be as follows:[LIST]
[*]The [i]Battle Maid[/i], who shall be subordinate to the [i]Esper and Mysterious Transfer Student[/i] and shall assist with the execution of duties relating to the Foreign Affairs of the SOS Brigade.
[*]The [i]Incidental Butler[/i], who shall be subordinate to the [i]Esper and Mysterious Transfer Student[/i] and shall assist with the execution of duties relating to the Foreign Affairs of the SOS Brigade.
[*]The [i]Lady Fang[/i], who shall be subordinate to the [i]Time Traveller and Brigade Mascot[/i] and shall assist with the execution of duties relating to the Propaganda and Recruitment of the SOS Brigade.
[*]The [i]Loli in a Bag[/i], who shall be subordinate to the [i]Time Traveller and Brigade Mascot[/i] and shall assist with the execution of duties relating to the Propaganda and Recruitment of the SOS Brigade.
[*]The [i]Homicidal Class President[/i], who shall be subordinate to the [i]Alien Supercomputer and Meganekko[/i] and shall assist with the execution of duties relating to the Defense of the SOS Brigade.
[*]The [i]Overmind Advisory[/i], who shall be subordinate to the [i]Alien Supercomputer and Meganekko[/i] and shall assist with the execution of duties relating to the Defense of the SOS Brigade.
[*]And finally, [i]Those Two Guys[/i], who shall be subordinate to the [i]Ordinary Human and Errand Boy[/i] and shall assist with the execution of duties relating to the Internal Affairs of the SOS Brigade.[/LIST]Members of the [i]Junior Brigade Staff[/i] may be removed from office at any time by their immediate superior in the [i]Senior Brigade Staff[/i] or by the [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i], at which time their immediate superior in the [i]Senior Brigade Staff[/i] shall appoint another member of the SOS Brigade to serve in their place, pending the approval of the [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i].

[b]Part Four: Appointment of Assistants[/b]
The [i]Senior Brigade Staff[/i], at their discretion, may appoint members of the SOS Brigade to assist in managing the operations of the alliance as necessary. These appointed members shall not be part of the government of the SOS Brigade, nor shall they be privy to its discussions and deliberations unless exempted from this provision by the [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i].

[size=5][b]Article Two: The Democracy of Haruhi Suzumiya[/b][/size]

[b]Part One: Impeachment of Brigade Staff[/b]
Any member of the SOS Brigade in good standing may call a motion to impeach a member of the [i]Senior Brigade Staff[/i] or a member of the [i]Junior Brigade Staff[/i]. In order for such a motion to succeed, the motion must be put up to a vote of the general membership of the SOS Brigade and achieve a margin of 67% or greater of the votes cast in favor of the impeachment. In addition, the number of votes cast must be greater than half of the total membership of the SOS Brigade.
If such a motion sucessfully impeaches a member of the Brigade Staff, a replacement shall be appointed by the appropriate authority to serve in the place of the Staff member that was impeached.
Such a motion shall fail automatically if the required conditions for passage are not satisfied within one week of the opening of the motion to the vote of the general membership of the SOS Brigade.

[b]Part Two: Impeachement of the Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/b]
Any member of the SOS Brigade in good standing may call a motion to impeach the [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i]. In order for such a motion to suceed, the motion must be put up to a vote of the general membership of the SOS Brigade and achieve a margin of 80% or greater of the votes cast in favor of the impeachment. In addition, the number of votes cast must be greater than half of the total membership of the SOS Brigade.
If such a motion sucessfully impeaches the [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i], a replacement shall be nominated by the [i]Senior Brigade Staff[/i] and then placed before a vote of the general membership of the SOS Brigade. If the nominated candidate acheives a margin of 67% or greater in support of their appointment as [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i], they shall become the [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i] of the SOS Brigade. If the required margin is not achieved, another candidate for the position of [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i] shall be nominated and voted on in the same fashion as the previous candidate, which shall be repeated until a suitable candidate is nominated and approved by the membership.
Such a motion shall fail automatically if the required conditions for passage are not satisfied within one week of the opening of the motion to the vote of the general membership of the SOS Brigade.

[size=5][b]Article Three: The Membership of Haruhi Suzumiya[/b][/size]

[b]Part One: Enrolling in North High School[/b]
Nations wishing to join the SOS Brigade must register at the SOS Brigade's forums and submit an application by filling out the form provided. Once their application is accepted, they will become a Student of North High School, at which point they are required to change their Alliance Affiliation to "SOS Brigade Hopeful". In the course of their enrollment at North High School, the SOS Brigade hopeful will study the core areas required to effectively manage their nation for the betterment of the SOS Brigade and for the betterment of their own people. Nations with greater than 10,000 Nation Strength are exempted from enrollment in North High School and may immediately become a full member of the alliance upon their application to the SOS Brigade being accepted.

[b]Part Two: Graduating from North High School[/b]
At the conclusion of their studies, the SOS Brigade hopeful will sit the Graduation Examination for North High School, designed to make sure they have learned what is neccessary in their time at North High School. In order to achieve a pass in the Graduation Examination, a student of North High School must achieve the prescribed pass mark or higher in all sections of the paper. Failing the Graduation Examination will result in a three-day cooling-down period before the SOS Brigade hopeful may attempt to sit the Examination again.
Once the Examination has been completed successfully, the SOS Brigade hopeful graduates from North High School and becomes a full member of the SOS Brigade, allowing them to change their Alliance Affiliation ingame to "SOS Brigade".

[b]Part Three: Termination of Membership by the Member[/b]
If at any time a member of the SOS Brigade feels that they no longer wish to be a member of the SOS Brigade, that member must post a resignation thread on the SOS Brigade forums and must be cleared of all debts and duties to the alliance before leaving.

[b]Part Four: Termination of Membership by the Brigade Staff[/b]
Any action by a member of the SOS Brigade deemed to be inappropriate and/or of a dangerous or illegal nature may result in the immediate expulsion of the member in question, at the discretion of the [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i] and the [i]Senior Brigade Staff[/i]. Further punishment may be dealt, also at the discretion of the [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i] and the [i]Senior Brigade Staff[/i].

[size=5][b]Article Four: The Foreign Relations of Haruhi Suzumiya[/b][/size]

[b]Part One: The Approval of Treaties of a Non-Military Nature[/b]
Any treaty or foreign agreement that does not contain articles mandating military support of any kind may be approved by a vote of the [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i] and the [i]Senior Brigade Staff[/i] with a margin of at least 80% in favor of the treaty or agreement. If this margin is not achieved, the motion shall pass to a vote of the general membership of the SOS Brigade (provided that the motion is not vetoed by the [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i]). If a margin of greater than 50% of these votes are in favor of the treaty or agreement, such a treaty or agreement shall be considered approved by the SOS Brigade. In addition, the number of votes cast must be greater than half of the total membership of the SOS Brigade. Such a motion shall fail automatically if the required conditions for passage are not satisfied within one week of the opening of the motion to the vote of the general membership of the SOS Brigade.

[b]Part Two: The Approval of Treaties of a Military Nature[/b]
Treaties and agreements that bind the SOS Brigade to military support may be approved by unanimous consent of the [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i] and the [i]Senior Brigade Staff[/i]. If this is not achieved, the motion shall pass to a vote of the general membership of the SOS Brigade (provided that the motion is not vetoed by the [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i]). If a margin of 67% or greater of these votes are in favor of the treaty or agreement, such a treaty or agreement shall be considered approved by the SOS Brigade. In addition, the number of votes cast must be greater than half of the total membership of the SOS Brigade. Such a motion shall fail automatically if the required conditions for passage are not satisfied within one week of the opening of the motion to the vote of the general membership of the SOS Brigade.

[b]Part Three: The Agency[/b]
The SOS Brigade shall maintain an active corps of diplomats, known as The Agency (機関, [i]Kikan[/i]) tasked with maintaining ground-level foreign relations with other alliances. These Agents shall not have the power to make policy on behalf of the SOS Brigade, but shall be tasked with carrying out the SOS Brigade's foreign policy objectives in their communications with foreign alliances.

[size=5][b]Article Five: The Warmaking of Haruhi Suzumiya[/b][/size]

[b]Part One: Wars of the Individual[/b]
No member of the SOS Brigade shall declare any offensive war, or engage in any offensive espionage action unless it has been so authorised by a member of the [i]Senior Brigade Staff[/i] or the [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i].

[b]Part Two: Wars of the Alliance[/b]
A unanimous agreement of the [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i] and the [i]Senior Brigade Staff[/i] is required to approve an aggressive Declaration of War on behalf of the SOS Brigade, except in the case where such a Declaration of War is mandated by a treaty held by the SOS Brigade, in which case only the approval of 60% or greater of the [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i] and the [i]Senior Brigade Staff[/i] is required to issue a Declaration of War.

[size=5][b]Article Six: The Alterations of Haruhi Suzumiya[/b][/size]

Any member of the SOS Brigade in good standing may propose an amendment to this Charter, however in order for such an amendment to be made to this Charter, the motion must achieve the unanimous support of the [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i] and the [i]Senior Brigade Staff[/i], as well achieving a margin of greater than 50% in support of the amendment in a vote of the general membership. In addition, the number of votes cast must be greater than half of the total membership of the SOS Brigade. Such a motion shall fail automatically if the required conditions for passage are not satisfied within one week of the opening of the motion to the vote of the general membership of the SOS Brigade.

[size=5][b]Article Seven: The Ratification of Haruhi Suzumiya[/b][/size]

[b]Elrich von Richt[/b] of Chimairan Republic, [i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i]
[b]Ephemeral[/b] of Aphelion Collective, [i]Esper and Mysterious Transfer Student[/i]
[b]Katsumi[/b] of Chokan, [i]Time Traveller and Brigade Mascot[/i]
[b]Diablofan[/b] of Ninja Spartans, [i]Alien Supercomputer and Meganekko[/i]
[b]Arynar Ventys[/b] of Regnum Sapentiae, [i]Ordinary Human and Errand Boy[/i][/quote]

--- [b]Arrnea[/b]
[i]Brigade Chief and Ultra Director[/i] of the SOS Brigade

[quote name='Rextu' date='07 July 2010 - 07:10 PM' timestamp='1278500997' post='2362315']
Kinda cute. [i]Homocidal Class President[/i] made me chuckle. ^_^
[/quote]
We've had that staff position for as long as we've had Junior Staff, but it was never codified in the Charter before.
Good to see [b]someone[/b] read it. ^_^

OOC Edit: For the record, it's a reference to one of the characters in [i]The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya[/i], the anime upon which our alliance's theme is based.

Edited by Arrnea

I support this so long as it's the same SOS brigade that took hydra down to the ground. They knew how to work.
So how is the SOS brigade? I figure by now you all know me even though I rerolled. ( No choice in the matter..... cars suck )

[quote name='Rongue' date='07 July 2010 - 09:29 PM' timestamp='1278509339' post='2362377']I support this so long as it's the same SOS brigade that took hydra down to the ground. They knew how to work.
So how is the SOS brigade? I figure by now you all know me even though I rerolled. ( No choice in the matter..... cars suck )[/quote]
Yes, we're the same SOS Brigade and we are quite well, thankyou. ^_^
Pop around to [url=http://se.sosdancn.org/]our boards[/url] sometime, if you aren't already there.

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Davian Thule' date='07 July 2010 - 02:27 AM' timestamp='1278494819' post='2362285']
'grats on the new charter?
[/quote]

You must speak with conviction! Congratulations on the new charter SOS Brigade.

A most terrible announcement.

[quote name='cookavich' date='07 July 2010 - 08:35 PM' timestamp='1278531313' post='2362631']
The fact that you use Japanese in your charter makes me angry.
[/quote]

Yeah it's totally maddening how an alliance with a Japanese popular culture theme uses actual Japanese in their threads! HOW DARE THEY

[quote name='Iosif' date='07 July 2010 - 04:10 PM' timestamp='1278533415' post='2362655']Yeah it's totally maddening how an alliance with a Japanese popular culture theme uses actual Japanese in their threads! HOW DARE THEY
[/quote]It just extenuates their weeabooness.

[quote name='cookavich' date='07 July 2010 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1278535518' post='2362681']
It just extenuates their weeabooness.
[/quote]

Did someone just say "weeaboo"?

[img]http://random.flamecore.com/filez/weeaboo.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Sargun' date='07 July 2010 - 01:55 PM' timestamp='1278536097' post='2362695']
Nothing about SOS is awesome.
[/quote]

[quote name='cookavich' date='07 July 2010 - 01:56 PM' timestamp='1278536159' post='2362697']
No, it's terrible. Absolutely awful.
[/quote]

Thank you for your support, we'll add your well-wishes to the growing pile