One Island Nation to Another

iKrolm

[b]Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Manila:[/b]

Pacita Arellano, First Director of the Popular Division, stood to the side of and slightly behind a Ground Force captain in the Foreign Dignitary Terminal. Behind her stood the captian's 10-man honor guard, at ease while they waited for Chancellor Jayde Caffery to emerge from his plane. Upon his appearance, the members honor guard snapped to attention and the Ground Force captain whipped his bare Kampilan into a well-practiced salute, blade singing in the air before stopping centimeters from the captain's face.

Pacita smiled warmly and stepped forward to greet the Chancellor's party. "Welcome to Selenarctos, Chancellor Caffery, I do hope your stay is both productive and enjoyable," she said, shaking hands. "As soon as you're ready, the cars are waiting to take us to the Capital Building."

Jayde shook hands with Pacita and smiled warmly in return.
"This greeting is worthy of the Archchancellor herself Milady.
I am very impressed by this honour guard, I shall have to get that captain to write me some drill and parade notes for me to collect on my way home to show my ministor of defence. May we proceed?"

"Of course, right this way. I'm afraid other commitments prevent me from accompanying you, but Director Marcelo Bonifacio of the Security Division and Director Antonio Pilar of the Economic Division will be waiting when you arrive to begin negotiations."

OOC: Skipping the meeting.
IC:

Following the customary greetings, Antonio Pilar gestured for everyone to take their seats around the conference table. "Welcome once again to our new friends from Las Malvinas Islands. Also thank you to Mr. Aristarco Velázquez, who will be representing the Selenarctan Aerospace Consortium," Pilar nodded to one of the men on the Selenarctan side of the table. "Well, gentlemen and women, I believe there's much we have to offer each other. Your recent oil contracts certainly show economic potential, and reemerging from the tragedies that befell upon the former Malvinian state, Las Malvinas Islands are a prime market, not only for military goods, but for other manufactured products as well. We, in turn, offer high quality military equipment, financial assistance and employment by opening up factories and corporate branches within Las Malvinas."

Edited by iKrolm

OOC shes a woman btw.

IC
Jayde turned to look at the speaker.
"The financial investment would do a world of good for the economy. Our oil exports are double our imports, we are currently negotiating a deal with the Alaskan Union in regards to Falklands Petroleum setting up a base and throwing up some oil rigs and importing it back to Las Malvinas. With the stockmarket now opened, Corporations are flooding its floor in bids to get shares in the natural gas, coal and oil companies of Las Malvinas. Moreover our pharmaceuticals company, Tricell Pharmaceuticals International, are one of the leading entities in cancer research and treatment in the region, aswell as all other branches of medinical research.

The Slavorussian Empire has guarantted our ground forces and air superiority fighters will be produced from Russian factories and at a discount in exchange for economic favours and they are currently constructing several factories in the safe zones of the East Island, and the under developed areas of the West Island.

What we are primarily looking for, are a range of aircraft, focussing more on fighter bombers and air superiority fighters. Strategic bombers can wait. However, being and Island Nation, we must be able to defend against any naval task force and non nuclear WMD's/cruise missile attacks. Our Strategic Defence Command is current researching early warning satellights to join the military satelight launched earlier this week in tandem with a patriot system missile defence network, although it needs alot of work."

Antonio Pilar nodded at the aircraft, but at the mention of satellites Antonio glanced at Marcelo Bonifacio who imperceptibly shook his head; the existence of the Selenarctan radar/IR satellite array is classified.

"We currently operate several items which may interest you. Further technical specifications can be found in the fliers in front of you, but for now I'll provide a brief overview. The [url="http://cnrp.wikia.com/wiki/Selenarctos_Air_Force#F22_Air_Superiority_Fighter"]F22 Air Superiority Fighter[/url] is operated by a number of nations around the globe, and has proven its effective in numerous conflicts. Any purchase of planes from us would feature entirely new products, so no need to worry about inferior quality or wear and tear amongst your new planes. The [url="http://cnrp.wikia.com/wiki/Selenarctos_Air_Force#F35_Strike_Fighter"]F35 Strike Fighter[/url], designed for carrier launch and support of ground forces, should fill your need for a fighter/bomber aircraft.

"Since you mentioned defense against naval vessels, I'd also like to introduce to you the [url="http://cnrp.wikia.com/wiki/Selenarctos#Anti-Ship_Missiles:"]P-700 Anti-Ship Missile[/url]. At just over 7000kg, the P-700 can engage vessels at ranges of more than 600km. While similar to an older design, we've made a few improvements to help counter modern CIWS defenses: cruise speed for the P-700 is just over Mach 2, but as the missile nears it's final target, it's speed more than doubles to Mach 4.5 leaving less than 3 seconds for most CIWS guns to engage. Finally, the Heron-class Radar is able to track planes, helicopters and missiles at ranges from 200km to up to 4,000km.

"With the sale of such hardware, a NAP would be required but with the addition of free trade, reduced taxation on Selenarctan corporations wishing to open branches in Las Malvinas Islands-not nearly eliminated I add, just enough to provide a competitive advantage over other international corporations-and mutually open waters, we can advance you up to 18 billion NSC of military or non-military hardware at a 3% annual interest rate. If this sounds interesting, we can begin to talk numbers and prices."

When she mentioned satelights she saw one of the men turn to his colleuge, who began shaking his head, whilst she pretended not to notice she knew they were hiding something.

"We already have air superiority fighter on contract from Slavorussia so we have no need for the F-22, The F-35 sounds like an excellent venture, although what of a Typhoon multirole jet aircraft?

The P-700 missile... can it be launched from ground mobile units? and what sort of long range radar will be needed to pick up a target 600km away?"

Aristarco Velázquez frowned, "Production wouldn't be a problem but I'm afraid we don't possess plans to build a Typhoon fighter right now. If you possess acquire plans, or have a design you would like help finalizing, we can certainly provide assistance there. Without a significant supply of funding however," Aristarco glanced at the two directors sitting at the table, "design of a new plane from scratch just isn't an option.

"The prognostic for the P-700 is brighter though. While the P-700 wasn't designed to be a launched from a truck, it's a very large and heavy missile after all, we can devise a means to fire it from a mobile, ground-based platform. Keep in mind however, that your best results will come from ship launch.

"Radar's where I think you'll really like the P-700 though. If you know even roughly where the ships are there, the P-700 can hit them: when launched in packs, one 700 is designated the spotter missile. The spotter missile assigns target priorities to the missiles around it, which in turn engage the first target, moving onto the second target once the first is destroyed and the third-you get the idea-all without external input.2

"Ah yes yes I happen to have a Eurofighter blueprint. It was locked away in storage before the war. We lack the material and facilities to manufacture the jet, but in exchange for you fellas building say..., 50 units for us, we will give you the blueprint free of charge and pay for half of the jets?
Jayde passes a second folder to the two men.
"Please feel free to look, and those P-700 missiles are certainly on our list of things we wish to buy, however, we are lacking a navy itself. Whilst we could get one, they are just too expensive to maintain at the moment. However, the Falklands are mountain heavy and have plenty of cliffs, would it be possable to rail mount the missiles and fire them from fortified locations in the cliff walls? we already have an advanced system of 16 inch cannons, granted they need reworking due to neglect, but the gun carriages etc still work."

Edited by Zoot Zoot

"I'll need to have some people look through the plans before anything is concrete, but I believe your terms will be acceptable. For the P-700, fortified locations couldn't be simpler but we'd recommend avoiding cliffs unless they're remarkably stable; you wouldn't want a section of cliff coming down on a missile storage building.

"If you really want us to repair the fixed 16" guns, we can but I have to say: those guns won't do you much good. They're last century's technology and easily outranged by all but smallest missiles."

"the guns are beyond repair and will be replaced by missile points, im hoping by the P-700, and the cliffs are solid granite and the ammo casing/gun locations are reinforced with concrete and steeal, although due to the ammount of time passed since usage, a renovation would be needed to be certain its safe."

"Ah, I believe I understand now. The old ammunition storage buildings should be adequate to house missile stores. They won't facilitate missile transport and reloading quite as quickly as a building designed for missiles, but using the existing buildings will be much cheaper. The silos themselves will have to be built from scratch. The P-700 is designed to be cold launched vertically or diagonally, so building a launch point at the base of the cliffs shouldn't be too difficult, just expensive given work required to excavate granite without bringing the whole cliff down. Once completed though, you should have some very well-hardened missile silos. Do you know approximately how many missiles/silos you want and where they'll be located?"

"Roughly 200 silos" Jayde paused as she scrutised the mens expressions, she knew 200 was alot.

continuing...
"The cliff work shouldnt be too difficult, they are full of tunnels and bunker complexes which are made with reinforced concrete sho I shouldnt think to much work would need to be done. Come to think of it, if we modify existing hardpoints to create the silos the bunker complexes and and complexes of tunnels for ammounition storage/movement, ot should be pretty easy.

Also, with my Governments economic expansion I beleive we would be able to cover the costs of all the construction work, but we lack the expertise to do it. We are in what philosophers would call a dark age because all knowledge we had was torn away from us during the darkness, we are naught but a child in grown ups clothes. Few are still alive who know the secrets of the vast engineering feats we once undetook.

Sorry to go off on a tangent again, but would it be possible to purchase long range advanced radar systems to work with the silos and our own SKYNET Satellite systems?"

Aristarco Velázquez didn't blink at the number. "200 shouldn't be a problem at all. The hardware for each silo launch point will cost around 300,000NSC with mass production here in Selenarctos, shipping should be minimal and for installation, assuming you want the silos installed in clusters, I'd give a rough estimate of 200,000NSC. That's 500,000NSC per silo, or roughly 100,000,000NSC for installation.

"Now, the missiles are a little more expensive. Each P-700 missies is going to run you 3,000,000NSC. Obviously you'll want to fill all the silos and hopefully you're not looking for a conflict, but should you be drawn into one, immediately available replacements are required. At the very minimum, you'll need 50% more missiles than silos. In a drawn out conflict however, especially against an opponent with even modest military resources or one that targets launch and storage sites, you'll require more. For 200 silos, I'd recommend at least 400 missiles.

"Finally, training and maintenance. The silos will require yearly maintenance to ensure best performance; to save on operating costs, I'd recommend we train local teams at a one-time cost of around 5,000,000NSC. Add 10,000,000NSC to train military personnel, and you should be fully operational.

"Radar we can certainly supply too. Our Heron-class Over The Horizon (OTH) radar emplacements can detect planes and missiles in a 90° arc at ranges up to 4,000km. If you're interested, each emplacement will cost approximately 400,000,000NSC for construction and training."

OOC: 1NSC = $1US IRL

Aristarco nodded, "That's more or less correct. High quality hardware comes at a price and it [i]is[/i] a large sum of money, but what the money really is is in an investment in the security and stability of Las Malvinas Islands. I can, however, place a few calls some of my associantes in the Consortium and see if a discount can be arranged. No guarantees and it certainly won't be more than 4 or 5%, but I'll do my best."

Something occured to Jayde after thinking back over what the bloke had said.

"I think our wires are crossed.
For radar, we will only need ten installations

Its 200 P-700 emplacements we are going to need.

Any chance you could give me a total cost for the following:

[b]P-700 and emplacement contract x400 missiles, 200 emplacements.
F-35 contract - x100 aircraft
Typhoon deal - x100 aircraft
Heron-class Over The Horizon (OTH) radar contract x 10 installations[/b]"

Edited by Zoot Zoot

OOC: Woah, missed the extra zeros in there, thought you'd typed 800 million for missiles >_>
IC:

Installation for 200 emplacements: 100,000,000NSC (One Hundred MIllion NSC)
400 Missiles: 1,200,000,000 (One point Two Billion NSC)
Training: 15,000,000NSC (Fifteen MIllion NSC)

100 F-35s: 100 for 7,800,000,000NSC (Seven point Eight Billion NSC)
100 Typhoons: 50 in exchange for plans, 50 for 4,000,000,000NSC (Four Billion NSC // Eighty MIllion NSC Each)

10 Heron-class OTH emplacements + installation: 4,000,000,000NSC (Four Billion NSC)

[b]Total:[/b] 17,115,000,000NSC (Seventeen Billion, One Hundred Fifteen Million NSC)

"Now we have a final number, is it possable to arrange a payment plan?, we can pay this all off in one sitting, however, it would do more harm than good to our economy and infrastrutural projects, so a payment plan would suit us better, say five billion a year?"

Antonio Pilar spoke up, "Five billion per year is acceptable. There will be a 3% annual interest charge to cover for inflation, I'm sure you understand. Should the government of Las Malvinas disintegrate to the point where payments are unable to continue, we reserve the right to intervene and secure assets but I trust it won't come to that. I've had my division draft a document pending your changes, approval and signature." Antonio signaled to an aid who passed fresh copies of the document around the table.

[quote]
[size="3"][b][/b][/size]

[b]Non Agression:[/b]
Las Malvinas Islands and The Nation of Selenarctos agree to refrain from hostile actions, covert and otherwise, against the people, territory and assets of each other.

[b]Economics:[/b]
Las Malvinas Islands and The Nation of Selenarctos are encouraged, but not required, to remove barriers including but not limited to tariffs on trade where possible.

[b]Weapons Sales:[/b]
The following order shall be fulfilled by the Selenarctan Aerospace Consortium, the Selenarctan Strategic Defense Corporation and other entities within Selenarctos for the price of 17,115,000,000 National Selenarctan Coins (Seventeen Billion, One Hundred Fifteen Million NSC):

200 P-700 fixed launch points
400 P-700 Anti-Ship Missiles
Training of crews for P-700 operation and maintenance
100 F-35 Strike Fighters
100 Typhoon Fighters
10 Heron-class OTH emplacements

50 of the Typhoon Fighters will be constructed free of charge in exchange for Las Malvinas Islands unconditionally supplying blueprints and all other technical documentation required to produce the Typhoon Fighter.

[b]Payment:[/b]
Money for construction of said weapon systems shall be provided by a loan guaranteed by the Selenarctos Economic Division. The loan shall be paid back at a flexible rate of 5,000,000,000NSC (five billion NSC) per year with a three percent rate of interest, compounded at the end of each calendar year. Should the government of Las Malvinas Islands deteriorate past a point where it will be able to fulfill the terms of the loan, action may be taken on the part of Selenarcrtos to secure assets associated with this sale agreement.

[b]Signed for Selenarctos,[/b]
[i]Marcelo Bonifacio[/i], First Director of the Security Division
[i]Antonio Pilar[/i], Second Director of the Economic Division
[i]Aristarco Velázquez[/i], On Behalf of the Selenarctan Aerospace Consortium

[b]Signed for Las Malvinas Islands,[/b]
[i]Jayde Cafferty
Lord High Chancellor[/i]
[/quote]

Edited by iKrolm

"I understand perfectly well Sir. I have been Authorised to sign any treaties on behalf of Las Malvinas"

Jayde leans down and signs the treaty

[i]Jayde Cafferty
Lord High Chancellor[/i]

"Well as it stands, you have the Eurofighter blueprints and all details in the pink folder infront of you gentlemen and thankyou for doing buisiness with Las Malvinas, are their any more questions before I leave?"