Birthday, new Govt plus Q&A

[center][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090630170944/cybernations/images/6/6f/Silence_Flag.png[/img][/center]

[b]1 Year[/b]

Mergers quite often look promising on paper but fail to work out in practice, whether it’s down to friction between membership, disagreements between the two respective governments or a clash in policies and ideals. When LEN and OTF merged to form Silence we never thought these things would be an issue, and I’m delighted to say 1 year on we’ve been proved right.

We would obviously like to thank all our allies, past and present, for their support, in particular STA who leapt to our defence without hesitation :wub:

It’s also important to recognise the contribution made by the members, the government past or present, and those who put their nations on the line for the alliance. Thanks guys.

Special shout out to two former members, Bagpuss, who has been a key figure in the alliance since the beginning, serving as a Trium for the past 12 months while torturing us with endless talk about his trips to Miley Cyrus concerts, and Scorcher who contributed much as a Trium and Gov member, particularly during war time, while also torturing us with his annoying Welsh accent.
[b]
5th Triumvirate[/b]

On to official business. I am happy to present the new government of Silence for the next 3 month term.

[b]Trium:[/b] Goon, Evry, Daemon
[b]Justice:[/b] Daemon
[b]
Minister of Interior:[/b] DarkTurn
[b]Minister of Recruitment:[/b] Geriko
[b]Minister of Education:[/b] Remox
[b]Minister of Foreign Affairs:[/b] Twill
[b]Minister of Finance:[/b] tswsl1989
[b]Minister of Trade:[/b] Yamin
[b]Minister of Defence:[/b] Auditore

World domination awaits.

[b]Q&A[/b]

We would also like to take the opportunity to answer any questions you folks may have. So yeah, fire away.

[quote name='Kindom of Goon' date='29 June 2010 - 04:04 PM' timestamp='1277845463' post='2354330']
Had we known it would result in so many terrible puns, I'm sure we would have chosen something else.
[/quote]
Well, we can go back to poking fun at you Mr Kindom of Goon.

[quote name='wickedj' date='29 June 2010 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1277845182' post='2354325']
Congrats, Silence but boo for goon in gov

Why the hell *DID* You guys choose the name Silence?
[/quote]
I forget how it came up originally, but it's actually the perfect word to mark a combination of our alliances. The LEN part is pretty obvious, but the rest is secret just as the meaning of OTF is/was a secret. I've...said too much already :ph34r:

I was a fan of "Land of the Unsetting Sun" (Lotus) for a couple reasons, but Silence definitely grew on me.

And we miss you too, El Scorcho. The door's always open... :ehm:

[quote name='Ragnor' date='29 June 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1277848257' post='2354391']
Look on the bright side guys, there's two welsh guys left in gov :D

Much love to the departed kitty and to all you guys, I miss you :wub:
[/quote]

Why thank you, not gone quiet yet. They have to put up with me for a week more still ;)

[quote name='Kindom of Goon' date='29 June 2010 - 09:55 PM' timestamp='1277844915' post='2354318']
Special shout out to two former members, Bagpuss, who has been a key figure in the alliance since the beginning, serving as a Trium for the past 12 months while torturing us with endless talk about his trips to Miley Cyrus concerts.[/quote]

Bagpuss is quitting? Does that mean his nation is unprotected? :o

Congrats on the one year, for some reason it seems like longer than that since you merged. Also, hi Goon, long time no speak.

E: ffs Bagpuss beat me to it. I'm not changing my entire post now.

Edited by Mayzie

[quote name='Yamin Auk Zafar' date='29 June 2010 - 05:09 PM' timestamp='1277849334' post='2354411']
Huzzah for Silence! O>

Also, thanks to willigogs, who probably won't read this, but did an amazing job at improving my crappy Photoshop skills on the flag.

Wicked: Other name possibilities included "Lotus" and "Leon"
[/quote]
Leon? Was this guy going to be your flag
[img]http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/leon2.jpg[/img]

[quote]but the rest is secret just as the meaning of OTF is/was a secret. I've...said too much already :ph34r: [/quote]
Actually Rhino and goon told me, therefore i must enforce a PZI of all of silence per your surrender terms two years ago :P

Edited by wickedj

[quote name='wickedj' date='29 June 2010 - 04:44 PM' timestamp='1277851481' post='2354454']
Actually Rhino and goon told me, therefore i must enforce a PZI of all of silence per your surrender terms two years ago :P
[/quote]
*sigh* I suppose... /me proceeds to delete his nation to avoid PZI...

[quote name='Shakyr' date='29 June 2010 - 05:46 PM' timestamp='1277855175' post='2354520']
:wub: to all our allies and it's been an honour working with everyone to make Silence work over the past year.

o/ many more years :D
[/quote]
Indeed Shak, indeed it has.

[quote name='Owney OSullivan' date='30 June 2010 - 08:24 AM' timestamp='1277882658' post='2355003']
I have a question, with whom do you hold treaties with, and what level are those treaties?

Congrats on your 1 year of existence. :)
[/quote]

\o/ Silence!

PIAT's:
RoK

ODP's:
1TF, ICB, UCN

MDoAP's:
CoIN, RIA, STA, CD,

:wub: Silence's Allies