GOONS Announcement

[center][IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2qcl27t.png[/img]
[b]Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism[/b]
Announcement of Flag Choice[/center]

Anyone who has been with us for the past few years, or any educated member from the past few months identifies parts of the above flag with [url=http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/926/goonsflaggx9.jpg]that flag[/url] of certain alliance. Furthermore, for quite a few of you, it is probably a negative connotation. To end any lingering doubts, yes, it was the flag that identified the Goon Order of Neutral Shoving. We at Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism know this. This is fodder for Rebel Virginia, Penkala, and every naysayer we have had. This is fodder for everyone who said [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=54702]the beginning[/url] we were Neutral Shoving 2.0. This is one for you, ModusOperandi, Ardus. This is for the people who see our name in any announcement and cry foul, seeing only the abbreviation, never the members, never the alliance.

This is an announcement for the people who said we wouldn't survive. The ones who saw our entrance and decried it a joke. For the ones who saw us as rolling over when we worked with Polaris. For the ones who saw us as a shell of Neutral Shoving. For the ones who didn't see the old names in the government positions, and wrote us off. For the ones that looked, saw six members, and gave us a week. This is an announcement for you.

This is an announcement for our members. For the 290 people that either knew us from the moon, came back after we started, or saw us in our endless ad campaigns from SA. This is to people like Biazt, JamezBfod, Xodiaen, Darksol, magic_mountain, Archanis, and the rest. For the people that put up with two annoyingly long forms to get full membership, who put up with us when we randomly change the forums setup, usually breaking the masking system for half of them. The people who attack some protected nation, realize their error, and then send me a query with "whoops attacked this guy lol". The people that find a way to be in five simultaneous tech deals with Umbrella and somehow don't miss their payment dates. The people that are raiding thirty tech and three hundred miles of land a day without losing a ground battle. This is for you guys, sitting on the Angola flag right now.

Finally, this is an announcement for those that believed in us. This is an announcement for you, Dajobo. For you, Roquentin. For you, AirMe, jgator, EmperorMarx, and Xiphosis. This is an announcement for everyone who saw potential in us, those who stuck with us for the past thirteen months. It certainly hasn't been easy for us, and we've had our fair share of tough decisions and situations come our way. But we've been thankful to find a community of alliances willing to work with us and help us grow.

To the first group, we are not Neutral Shoving. Anything but. From the bottom up, everything is different. Some of you cling to our symbolism, our abbreviation, and a few members scattered about. You cling to this policy or that policy, and regardless how simple or commonplace it is here, you label us because a predecessor did it too. And you rejoice, because we use one more symbol that makes you right. I'm sincerely sorry, but your perceived verisimilitude is illusory.

To the second, "Also, hello."

To the third, you, all of you, have put in a tremendous effort that could only be dreamed of by leaders. Mistakes get made, and we realize that. They are handled, and we move on. We easily have one of the most dedicated memberships of any alliance around us. And for that, I am thankful. As hard as the job can sometimes be, you make it easy and enjoyable at the end of the day. Only the ridiculous chats about nothing can restore my faith in humanity after so many discussions with so many incensed Ministers of This or That from whatever Adjective Noun of Nations happens to have been accidentally attacked by some new Goon. You make it worth the effort.

And to the last, you are the reason that we enjoy such a position here today. Without you, we would have been stopped at every successive step in our growth. The bonds we have built to date have been strained, some broken, but a friendship exists nonetheless. You all saw us from the start, from infancy, and believed. But who could have seen in our future, this? I certainly don't believe that anyone anticipated our stellar growth. There has always been, jokingly, the "sanction by August" mentality, but nothing beyond that. No one would have thought that just after a year in existence, we would be sitting on the top-tier graph of UnspeakableEvil's nations per alliance rankings. But here we are.

And what a place "here" is. We have grown in ways we never thought possible, at the start of the alliance and throughout the many months. We have found some of the best and the brightest to be part of our wonderful alliance, and everyone has stepped up to the plate when we have needed them to. We have phenomenal members and incredible allies. And today, we have a flag. To GOONS!

[center][img]http://i48.tinypic.com/ziv9yq.png[/img]
Custom #73
[/center]

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, like Merry Melodies, was part of the group that did not welcome you back and was outspoken about it. Now that I have gotten to know you guys I am happy you are here as well and look forward to the future. Congrats on the flag. I am not switching from the NAAC flag though until Ronin gets one in game.

Edited by AirMe