Providing a Lifeboat

[b]Eye of the Storm[/b]

Whereas the Freedom of the Seas (FoS) pact membership seek to assist those poor souls caught in the rough currents of nature's tempest. Whereas there is just such a vessel known as Equal Rights Alliance (ERA), whose helm navigation guided the ship afoul of a dangerous deep ocean storm that threatens to send her down to the bottom with all hands. Therefore FoS shall attempt to undertake a rescue operation and render aid unto ERA and her crew in accordance with the Laws of the Sea here on Planet Bob.

The following signatory members of FoS to hereby agree to extend a collective Protectorate Treaty to the ERA in accordance with and subject to following listed caveats and restrictions. Such protection to be at the discretion of the FoS signatory members and include but not be exclusive to aid in the form of military, financial, political, intelligence, and guidance.

1- This Protectorate Treaty goes into effect Wednesday, May 19, 2010, and shall run for Thirty (30) days until the completion of Thursday, June 18, 2010.

2- This Protectorate Treaty shall serve only to provide respite to the adrift crew, allowing them the opportunity to repair their vessel sufficiently to keep themselves a float, or transfer aboard another more sturdy craft. As such ERA is permitted to seek out other Treaties and conduct their own diplomatic affairs. However this stated agreement between FoS and ERA ends upon the formal signing and implementation of such a treaty by ERA.

3- Additional Signatories and Amendments to this treaty may be added and made by unanimous agreement of all FoS signatories. If ERA does not wish to accept said passed signatories or amendments then the treaty shall be considered null and void at that time.

3- Unless specifically permitted by amendment to this treaty, ERA agrees to refrain from and engage in any aggressive wars against any nation or alliance, shall not engage in any financial transaction with a nation that is engaged in an aggressive wars, nor shall engage in any use of hostile acts (such as spy operations or aiding alliances at war) against any nation or alliance.

4- This Protectorate Treaty shall not be used for nor should be construed to allow those guilty of criminal acts to go unpunished if aggrieved parties presenting sufficient evidence of acts worthy of compensation come seeking justice. If such a cases arises FoS reserves the right to serve as an adviser for ERA and mediator to the involved parties.

5- Any signing party may give notice of their intent to withdraw from this agreement at any time. Such withdrawal to be made in writing via nation to nation private message to all the remaining signatories members of below listed parties. Withdrawal shall be considered in effect at the completion of the following day after the announcement was made (minimum of 24 hours).

[u][b]Signatures of FoS:[/b][/u]
[b]/s/ for Celestial Being:[/b]
WarriorConcept, Veda
Kulomascovia, Meister
Walford, Meister

[b]Signed for Avalon:[/b]
Decreed in the year of our Mods and Holy Admin Kevin, this day Tuesday May 18, 2010 by Her Royal Ladyship and Supreme Majesty,
[i]Queen Kandria[/i], Sovereign of all Avalon

Signed for the Prime Minister of Her Majesty's Government:
[i]First Lord of Avalon, Subotai[/i], Lord of Blades of Shadow

Signed for the Foreign Office of Her Majesty's Government:
[i]Foreign Secretary, SyndicatedINC[/i], Lord of Schwertbruder

Signed for the Houses of Avalon by the Home Office:
[i]Lord High Chancellor, David der Grosse[/i], Lord of New Nippon

Signed for the Ministry of Marque and Reprisals of Her Majesty's Government:
[i]Minister of Marque and Reprisals: Guffey, Lord of Arimias[/i]

[b]Signed for the Moralist Front:[/b]
[i]Vilien, Consul
Giovanni, Praetor of Communication
The Senate of the Moralist Front[/i]

[u][b]Signature of ERA:[/b][/u]
Signed for Equal Rights Alliance,
Andover, President

Edited by SyndicatedINC

[quote name='Lezrahi' date='19 May 2010 - 03:45 AM' timestamp='1274258686' post='2303162']
This ship could have avoided that savage ocean if it had stayed in the Port at Ragnablok.
[/quote]

QFT, haha

bold decision for these alliances, and noble. We gave a second chance, and were betrayed. We hope the same doesn't happen to you.

Glad to see someone step up to help them out.

What happens if after the 30 day period ERA hasn't signed a treaty with anyone else, do they have the opportunity to renew this treaty or is this just a temporary measure to give them chance to sort something more permanent out?

Well if no treaties etc. have been made in the 30 days, then at the very least, they have been granted a 30 day respite to find elsewhere to go. Most alliances do not accept applicants if they are in a war.

edit: I swear my spellchecker is messed up

Edited by Alfred von Tirpitz

[quote name='Mayzie' date='19 May 2010 - 05:23 AM' timestamp='1274260988' post='2303183']
Glad to see someone step up to help them out.

What happens if after the 30 day period ERA hasn't signed a treaty with anyone else, do they have the opportunity to renew this treaty or is this just a temporary measure to give them chance to sort something more permanent out?
[/quote]

I can not speak for our co-signatories on this issue, only to Avalon's intentions. For our part, Avalon's government has decided that we shall not be extending our participation beyond the stated 30 day time frame.

To the other comments I express our gratitude at the well wishes. We must also express our thanks to the interested and involved parties we spoke to in TSP, GOONS, and Ragnarok prior to this treaty being formalized for their time and cordial assistance.

Good luck to all parties on this...

To Avalon and the others, very noble inded... hope it doesn't cause you any trouble.

To ERA, I strongly recommend you use your next 30 days very wisely...

[quote name='Yuurei' date='19 May 2010 - 04:40 AM' timestamp='1274265622' post='2303211']

To Avalon and the others, very noble inded... hope it doesn't cause you any trouble.

[/quote]

They best make you their viceroy. Lead them to greatness!

[quote name='Lezrahi' date='19 May 2010 - 03:45 AM' timestamp='1274258686' post='2303162']
This ship could have avoided that savage ocean if it had stayed in the Port at Ragnablok.

But, I suppose that it is a lesson well-learned. Godspeed, ERA. You have my well-wishes.

/me bowed.
[/quote]

Very well put.

Good show guys, and good luck to all parties!

[quote name='Yuurei' date='19 May 2010 - 12:40 PM' timestamp='1274265622' post='2303211']

[/quote]I hope it does, I saw a great ad in the newspaper for cruise missile. :awesome:

[quote name='Sal Paradise' date='19 May 2010 - 09:41 PM' timestamp='1274298076' post='2303586']
OK xoin, you guys aren't [i]that[/i] bad.
[/quote]Going to sig that, because I can.