An Announcement

JEDCJT

In the weeks after the success of Operation HOMECOMING, Richard Mercton was indeed busy rebuilding his nation, or at least rebuilding a new government in Endor Cuidad. Hundreds of thousands of Army troops, National Guardsmen, and Kommissazul were garrisoning the territories that used to be New England and the FSA, now the National Commune Protectorate. These “auxiliary police forces” provided to be very efficient in preserving law and order, and in enforcing the laws and decrees of the Merctonist regime. Indeed, after only a few weeks of Mercton’s rule, the streets of Boston and Washington, F.D. [which had retained the name for the time being] were “very orderly….crime is almost unheard of.” the Most, if not all, of the former New England’s civilian and military infrastructure—communication centers, transportation stations, railways, roads, bridges, dams, power plants, nuclear reactors, military bases, defense installations, satellites, etc—were being worked on or were put online and functioning.

The senators of the six former states of New England—Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine—had packed up and moved to their new home in Endor Cuidad, their flight expenses paid for by the new Mercton government. They were scheduled to meet for their first session in the Commune, but before that Mercton wanted to affirm the “official existence of [his] nation on the international stage, to be declared as such to the nations of the world.”

And so Mercton found himself standing on a podium in front of the magnificent Commune building that towered over the crowd of several thousand that were assembled to hear what their new leader had to say. Glancing toward the sky, Mercton smiled as he saw the J Andres flag blowing in the gentle wind that cruised through Endor Cuidad.

“[i]Good evening, ladies and gentleman.[/i]” Mercton began, his voice echoing through the microphone, cruising through the millions of cable lines running throughout the country, and amplified by the loudspeakers that were placed around the podium. Flashes accentuated the air as news reporters flashed countless photographs of their new leader. The thirty-five year old J Andrean’s handsome features were highlighted by the glow of the setting sun, causing some awe among the audience. His face was not only broadcasted on camera throughout the new nation and its protectorate, but all over the world.

“[i]As you now know, we have entered into an era, one of change. Merely weeks and months ago, the Federated States of America—and New England as well—had plunged the American people into a war that had so nearly ended in victory for the FSA. However, the true horrors came not the war itself, but the drastic actions perpetuated by the government itself against its own people in the name of national security.[/i]”

Mercton paused for a moment to scan his papers before continuing on. “[i]Long before the war, the government established the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the same organization that had served the first United States of America. However, over time, it was transformed into the gross monstrosity that was the Federal Bureau of Internal Security (FBIS). And it was in peacetime, the period where there was no clear and present danger to the nation’s external and domestic security. A result of the delusions of President Lyndon Baines Johnson and his cohorts, the FBIS terrorized their own people. In a short time, New England became something like the Soviet Union in 1937-8, where the Great Terror consumed millions of victims—only that time that same Terror consumed us with full force. Once the war broke out, that Terror only magnified; not only were thousands of innocent New Englander citizens persecuted, but countless citizens of the Northern Republic, Louisiana, and the Holy American Empire were arrested, tortured, and killed—all because they came from these countries![/i]”

A series of gasps and exclamations came from the audience. Mercton nodded as he scanned the crowd. “[i]Yes, it is true. The terror that brutalized us was because of Johnson and his tyrannical government. I believe through J Andres’s collapse, a monster was created, not necessarily New England, but the FSA. The blame is not on John Fitzgerald Kennedy—indeed, he did a great job. Under his leadership, New England became a great power and went on to achieve wonderful achievements. I can do nothing but offer him my everlasting gratitude because he granted J Andres independence in the first place. It showed his exemplary character and personality, a true Camelot, indeed. The terror occurred because Kennedy’s ideals were horribly abused and twisted by these who sought to attain total power for themselves.[/i]”

“[i]Well, we could not stand this continuing Terror any more. Indeed, we had counted the FSA to lose the war, so the sufferings could be alleviated for once and for all—but it did not, and the Terror and crimes only grew even terrible with every passing minute. As representative of the former J Andres government, I along with my old friends took a course of action aimed not only at overturning the political establishment based on terror, but also to bring into being a nation that we had established back in 1981. In light of that, I apologize to the NR, Louisiana, and the HAE for the atrocities commited by my predecessor. I know the terrible crimes committed by the criminal government of the FSA cannot be forgotten nor be overturned, nor by condolences nor financial compensation, but let us continue on forward and pray that such terrible actions never be repeated again in history.[/i]”

“[i]On that note, the [b]Maritime Republic of J Andres[/b] is hereby established! She shall take her rightful position on the world community of nations. Any and all treaties held by New England and the Federated States, such as the Good Neighbor Treaty with the Federation of Disparu and the treaty with the Federal Republic of America shall stand in place, and be honored and upheld by my government—unless the other signatories choose to cancel said treaties, which we shall respect also.[/i]”

“[i]Regarding foreign relations, the [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Foreign_Relations_of_J_Andres#SPEED"]Standard Protocol for Embassy Establishment Declaration (SPEED)[/url] is now in effect once again. Any and all nations interested in applying for an Embassy in Endor Cuidad can send an application to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs—which admittedly is in the process of being formed—with the following information below. Note, any nations that already had embassies in Washington, F.D. will have to submit their applications, once again.[/i]”

[code]Name of Ambassador:
Nation name:
Head of state:
Form of government:
Would you like us to establish an Embassy in your nation? (Y/N)[/code]
“[i]Of course, the provisions of SPEED must be followed and respected for the application to be considered and processed. For more information, you can contact Foreign Minister Mickey Bethesda for information or details. As for the lands that are covered by the National Commune Protectorate, any interested local government or foreign nations—as long as they have a legitimate reason—can contact the Foreign Ministry. In that case, a referendum in the land to be ceded will be held to determine the wishes of the local population there. If popular support reaches a certain threshold, then that land will be given independence or ceded to that nation. You understand, though, that if that land goes into anarchy for any reason, then it reverts back to J Andres’s control, jurisdiction, and sovereignty. Yes, this is similar to the Kennedy Doctrine, except it will not be used for imperialistic motives.[/i]”

“[i]Remember, this is our land and our home! We are all J Andreans! We are citizens of J Andres! So be it![/i]”

With that, Mercton walked off the stage while the audience erupted in thunderous celebration and cheering.

[center]---[/center]

Soon, the J Andres Anchor flag was displayed:

[center][img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091210004457/cybernations/images/thumb/0/0e/J_Andres_Flag.svg/125px-J_Andres_Flag.svg.png[/img][/center]

Edited by JEDCJT

"We welcome J Andres to the world and hope it can restore the tarnished image of its predecessor. Our troops are standing down and have been informed of peace between our nations. We thank you for your words however these heinous crimes can only be healed by the sands of time. In an effort to promote peace we are willing to start relations between our nations in the hope that acts like these will not occur in the future. On a related note, we request the extradition of J Edgar Hoover to the Northern Republic to be tried for war crimes. He is a murderous villain that needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."

Name of Ambassador: Joseph Muttonchops
Nation name: Northern Republic
Head of state: President Ísólfur Ármannsson
Form of government: Federal Republic
Would you like us to establish an Embassy in your nation? (Y/N) Y

[b]Private Message to J Andres[/b]

The Northern Republic would inquire as to the possibility of holding referendums in New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland about joining the Northern Republic. We believe we could assist these people as our cultures are fairly similar and we helped in the fight against what I assume their people now perceive as an oppressive government. I assure you as a Federal Republic all people have representation and will be treated justly. Oh, and we don't have secret police that pull them out of their homes at night.

Minister of Foreign Affairs Steingrímur Vilhjálmsson
Councilor Ty Eyvindsson

[b]President Moshum[/b]

[i]"We welcome your nation into the world, may it prosper in this new world. The strongest of men are forged in the fires of hardships, no doubt your people bear those now; but down the road the fruits of those burdens will blossom into glorious achievements. Furthermore, I see no reason why our nations shouldn't hold some form of interaction even though we are an oceans apart as evident by the last wars the consequences of failed diplomacy result in international war's. Let us not repeat these mistakes. Hence, I shall dispatch Phillip De Gaul to serve as a representative to your land; and furthermore extend an offer to establish an embassy within the New Palma Republic.[/i][i]"

[/i]Name of Ambassador: Phillip De Gaul
Nation name: The New Palma Republic
Head of state: President Edward Nicholas Moshum
Form of government: Capitalistic Republic
Would you like us to establish an Embassy in your nation? Yes

[quote name='Californian' date='05 May 2010 - 05:54 PM' timestamp='1273110876' post='2288487']
"We welcome J Andres to the world and hope it can restore the tarnished image of its predecessor. Our troops are standing down and have been informed of peace between our nations. We thank you for your words however these heinous crimes can only be healed by the sands of time. In an effort to promote peace we are willing to start relations between our nations in the hope that acts like these will not occur in the future. On a related note, we request the extradition of J Edgar Hoover to the Northern Republic to be tried for war crimes. He is a murderous villain that needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."

Name of Ambassador: Joseph Muttonchops
Nation name: Northern Republic
Head of state: President Ísólfur Ármannsson
Form of government: Federal Republic
Would you like us to establish an Embassy in your nation? (Y/N) Y

[b]Private Message to J Andres[/b]

The Northern Republic would inquire as to the possibility of holding referendums in New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland about joining the Northern Republic. We believe we could assist these people as our cultures are fairly similar and we helped in the fight against what I assume their people now perceive as an oppressive government. I assure you as a Federal Republic all people have representation and will be treated justly. Oh, and we don't have secret police that pull them out of their homes at night.

Minister of Foreign Affairs Steingrímur Vilhjálmsson
Councilor Ty Eyvindsson
[/quote]

[b]OFFICIAL RESPONSE[/b]

“Let us strive for a peaceful and prosperous relationship between our two nations, then. This is something the previous government and regime had never succeeded in. As for J. Edgar Hoover, we have no idea of his whereabouts. A few weeks, when Washington, F.D. was occupied, our forces searched the J. Edgar Hoover building; he was nowhere to be found. We will begin efforts at hunting him down. When we have apprehended and caught him, we will let you know. I assure you he will not get very far.

On that note, your application had been received, processed, and is approved. Your ambassador will be William Bethesda.”

[b]CLASSIFIED RESPONSE[/b]

“Hm, we are sure we can arrange for such. So be it, a referendum will be held. If the 2/3 majority of the population of the Maritimes region want to join the Northern Republic, so be it. It is good to hear that you will treat the people more fairly and just, unlike the previous regime, heh. You do understand that if the Maritimes region falls into anarchy for any reason, it will revert back to a J Andres protectorate, correct?”

Mickey Bethesda,
Minister of Foreign Affairs

[b]CLASSIFIED[/b]

As per orders by Mercton, police investigators were sent to Washington, F.D. and its surrounding area to commence the search for J. Edgar Hoover. Army and Kommissazul units were also sent in to help out in the effort.

[quote name='Owned-You' date='05 May 2010 - 06:06 PM' timestamp='1273111565' post='2288510']
[b]President Moshum[/b]

[i]"We welcome your nation into the world, may it prosper in this new world. The strongest of men are forged in the fires of hardships, no doubt your people bear those now; but down the road the fruits of those burdens will blossom into glorious achievements. Furthermore, I see no reason why our nations shouldn't hold some form of interaction even though we are an oceans apart as evident by the last wars the consequences of failed diplomacy result in international war's. Let us not repeat these mistakes. Hence, I shall dispatch Phillip De Gaul to serve as a representative to your land; and furthermore extend an offer to establish an embassy within the New Palma Republic.[/i][i]"

[/i]Name of Ambassador: Phillip De Gaul
Nation name: The New Palma Republic
Head of state: President Edward Nicholas Moshum
Form of government: Capitalistic Republic
[/quote]

"Your application has been received, processed, and is approved. We will send in Jackie McMillan over to you. We thank you for your warm welcome, and look forward to furthering relations with you."

OoC: JED, you should fix the link to SPEED to this link instead: http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Foreign_Relations_of_J_Andres#SPEED
IC:

[b]PRIVATE[/b]

Lance watched the Andrean broadcast from a television screen in the Jubilife Central Hospital, the same hospital where Maylene was confined. Maylene had started to feel better during the past few days (though she was still unconscious for most of the time), so Lance's mind had been cleared of grief and worry, and was beginning to operate properly again. Lance remained silent as the broadcast played, though his mind was full of questions. His grip on Maylene's hand tightened as Mercton revealed the atrocities done by the FBIS during times of peace and war, and what actually happened to the people who had disappeared into thin air. He began to worry that the overthrow of the former New Englander government could have dire effects on Disparu, but he relaxed when Mercton mentioned that their treaty with the former New England would still be kept by the new Andread regime.

When the broadcast was finally over, Lance stood up, took out his cell phone, and called Paul Berlitz - the Legislative Triumvir of Disparu and a close friend of the House of Pikachurin. He walked towards the room's window and scanned the hospital's surroundings while he waited for Paul to answer.

"Oh, hey Paul. Yeah, I'm fine, thanks. Anyways, did you see the broadcast from New Eng-yeah, the one with J Andres with it. Listen - I want you to release a statement about this on behalf of the Government as soon as possible. Here's what I want in it..."

[b]PUBLIC[/b]

"The Government of Disparu recognizes the sovereignty of the Maritime Republic of J Andres, and welcomes them back to the international stage. We are glad that the Good Neighbour Treaty between the Federation of Disparu and the former Republic of New England will continue to be held by J Andres. We are quite shocked that the former regime employed barbaric and inhumane tactics against innocent civilians in the name of security, so we hope that J Andres will not devolve into this.

In an effort to formalize relations between our nations, we will be resubmitting an application for an ambassador under SPEED. Here is the application:

[quote][font="Courier New"][b]Name of Ambassador:[/b] Evelyn Chapman (former ambassador to New England/Federated States, currently in Washington, FD)
[b]Nation name:[/b] Federation of Disparu (long form, English) / Fédération du Disparu (long form, French) / Disparu (short form, English/French)
[b]Head of state:[/b] Lance Pikachurin, [i]King of Disparu, Master of Château Jubilife[/i]
[b]Form of government:[/b] Federal parliamentary democracy, constitutional monarchy
[b]Would you like us to establish an Embassy in your nation? (Y/N)[/b] Y[/font][/quote]

If possible, we would like to have Kirk Sweeney (the former New Englander/American ambassador to Disparu) as the Andrean ambassador to Disparu. We will be able to understand and respect your decision if this is not possible.

On an unrelated note, we would like to know if J Andres will continue to hold Michigan as a protectorate.

As usual, we wish J Andres luck, peace and prosperity in its time."

Edited by Pikachurin

Over the next few days people living in PEI, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland would notice that their televisions and radios were running constant advertisements about the benefits of being part of the Northern Republic. In fact, the Ministry of Information insured that the people of these states were well informed of the advantages.

[b]Classified Response[/b]

"We understand. Though compared to all the other nations that rise and fall we have a fairly good track record of our government not disappearing for no apparent reason."

Edited by Californian

[b]President Moshum[/b]

[i]"We look forward to prosperous relationships with you, as evident your nation seems to be proud of it's sea heritage. This is something we can relate too as well. Thus, Jackie McMillan will receive an exclusive beach-embassy suite to keep her out of the hustle and bustle that can be our cities. Anybody accustomed to sea, can only be comfortable on it; we can't give her a boat but we can get her quite close to the water to stay relatively content. I hope this is suitable to her likings."[/i]

[quote name='Pikachurin' date='05 May 2010 - 06:12 PM' timestamp='1273111909' post='2288521']
OoC: JED, you should fix the link to SPEED to this link instead: http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Foreign_Relations_of_J_Andres#SPEED
IC:

[b]PRIVATE[/b]

Lance watched the Andrean broadcast from a television screen in the Jubilife Central Hospital, the same hospital where Maylene was confined. Maylene had started to feel better during the past few days (though she was still unconscious for most of the time), so Lance's mind had been cleared of grief and worry, and was beginning to operate properly again. Lance remained silent as the broadcast played, though his mind was full of questions. His grip on Maylene's hand tightened as Mercton revealed the atrocities done by the FBIS during times of peace and war, and what actually happened to the people who had disappeared into thin air. He began to worry that the overthrow of the former New Englander government could have dire effects on Disparu, but he relaxed when Mercton mentioned that their treaty with the former New England would still be kept by the new Andread regime.

When the broadcast was finally over, Lance stood up, took out his cell phone, and called Paul Berlitz - the Legislative Triumvir of Disparu and a close friend of the House of Pikachurin. He walked towards the room's window and scanned the hospital's surroundings while he waited for Paul to answer.

"Oh, hey Paul. Yeah, I'm fine, thanks. Anyways, did you see the broadcast from New Eng-yeah, the one with J Andres with it. Listen - I want you to release a statement about this on behalf of the Government as soon as possible. Here's what I want in it..."

[b]PUBLIC[/b]

"The Government of Disparu recognizes the sovereignty of the Maritime Republic of J Andres, and welcomes them back to the international stage. We are glad that the Good Neighbour Treaty between the Federation of Disparu and the former Republic of New England will continue to be held by J Andres. We are quite shocked that the former regime employed barbaric and inhumane tactics against innocent civilians in the name of security, so we hope that J Andres will not devolve into this.

In an effort to formalize relations between our nations, we will be resubmitting an application for an ambassador under SPEED. Here is the application:

If possible, we would like to have Kirk Sweeney (the former New Englander/American ambassador to Disparu) as the Andrean ambassador to Disparu. We will be able to understand and respect your decision if this is not possible.

On an unrelated note, we would like to know if J Andres will continue to hold Michigan as a protectorate.

As usual, we wish J Andres luck, peace and prosperity in its time."
[/quote]

OOC: Oh! Thanks, I’ll edit. :D

IC:

[b]OFFICIAL RESPONSE[/b]

“We thank the Federation of Disparu for its warm welcome. You have our words that J Andres will not sink to the low levels that the FSA—note, the FSA, not New England—had sunk to. With that, your application has been received, processed, and is hereby approved. Kirk Sweeney will serve as the Ambassador to Disparu. We are sure he will continue to perform impeccably in his duties as he had served under New England.

As for Michigan, we have no interests in administering it. You may take it over if you wish.”

Edited by JEDCJT

[b]Name of Ambassador[/b]: Frederik Georges
[b]Nation name[/b]: Queendom of Australia
[b]Head of state[/b]: Hannah Asgeirsson
[b]Form of government[/b]: Constitutional Monarchy
[b]Would you like us to establish an Embassy in your nation?[/b] Yes

"The actions of your predecessor nation are truly a tragedy. That the ideals of a noble man could become so corrupted and twisted fills our hearts with sadness and shame. However, it does good to know that you are attempting to atone for the mistakes of that once-great nation, and thus Australia recognizes J Andres as a sovereign entity in the world once more."

"Please note that while all treaties carried over from the unification of Promised Land and the Hanseatic Commonwealth, J Andres did not exist at the time of unification, and that therefore, [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=45459"]the ODP[/url] signed between the nations of Promised Land and J Andres is not considered to have carried over."

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

The Federal Republic of America welcomes J Andres back to the international stage.

**Private to J Andres**

We want to clarify that the treaty held by both J Andres and the Federal Republic of America does not integrate the two nations anymore, but rather provides for mutual defense and aggression. Confirm?

Furthermore, we request with these new development the province of Tennessee. We feel that we can better manage the territory, given it directly borders us, and because of the high amount of FRA property, people, and infrastructure linked to Tennessee.

Good luck, the FRA has your back.

Name of Ambassador: Dwight Marshall
Nation name: Federal Republic of America
Head of state: Stephen Engelmann
Form of government: Constitutional federal republic

Edited by Germanic Republic

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='06 May 2010 - 02:53 AM' timestamp='1273143201' post='2288874']
[b]Name of Ambassador[/b]: Frederik Georges
[b]Nation name[/b]: Queendom of Australia
[b]Head of state[/b]: Hannah Asgeirsson
[b]Form of government[/b]: Constitutional Monarchy
[b]Would you like us to establish an Embassy in your nation?[/b] Yes

"The actions of your predecessor nation are truly a tragedy. That the ideals of a noble man could become so corrupted and twisted fills our hearts with sadness and shame. However, it does good to know that you are attempting to atone for the mistakes of that once-great nation, and thus Australia recognizes J Andres as a sovereign entity in the world once more."

"Please note that while all treaties carried over from the unification of Promised Land and the Hanseatic Commonwealth, J Andres did not exist at the time of unification, and that therefore, [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=45459"]the ODP[/url] signed between the nations of Promised Land and J Andres is not considered to have carried over."
[/quote]

[b]OFFICIAL RESPONSE[/b]

"Yes, it is a rather unfortunate chapter that ought to be excised from the book of history. John Fitzgerald Kennedy set out to build a bright and prosperous future, which was ultimately destroyed by Johnson and his government. With that, we thank our old ally for their recognition. Besides, your application had been received and is hereby approved. We will send over Willard Henrik to you.

Regarding the second matter, thank you for letting us know."

[quote name='Germanic Republic' date='06 May 2010 - 03:23 AM' timestamp='1273144990' post='2288888']
The Federal Republic of America welcomes J Andres back to the international stage.

**Private to J Andres**

We want to clarify that the treaty held by both J Andres and the Federal Republic of America does not integrate the two nations anymore, but rather provides for mutual defense and aggression. Confirm?

Furthermore, we request with these new development the province of Tennessee. We feel that we can better manage the territory, given it directly borders us, and because of the high amount of FRA property, people, and infrastructure linked to Tennessee.

Good luck, the FRA has your back.

Name of Ambassador: Dwight Marshall
Nation name: Federal Republic of America
Head of state: Stephen Engelmann
Form of government: Constitutional federal republic
[/quote]

[b]OFFICIAL RESPONSE[/b]

“Your application has been received and is approved. We will send Jerome Warwick over to you. We thank the Federal Republic of America for their welcome. We look forward to furthering relations with you.”

“You are correct. The treaty between us two does not incorporate both nations into a new one. It is used for mutual defense and aggression purposes only.

As for your request for Tennessee, this certainly can be arranged. As per the standard procedures, a referendum will be organized as to evaluate the wishes of the local population to join the FRA or not.”

[b]Name of Ambassador: Kotobuki Ieyasu (Ieyasu Kotobuki in English)
Nation Name: Japan (Greater Japanese Empire/Dai Nippon Teikoku)
Head of State: Empress Haruhi Suzumiya
Form of Government: Absolute Monarchy
Embassy (Y/N): Yes[/b]

[i]It has come to the attention of the Japanese government that J Andres has risen once again as a sovereign nation on this planet. We wish to congratulate you on your return, and welcome you back officially, on behalf of the Japanese government. We hope that diplomatic exchanges between our respective nations will occur in the future, and that our relations will fruitful.[/i]

[quote name='JEDCJT' date='06 May 2010 - 12:27 PM' timestamp='1273166850' post='2289133']
[b]OFFICIAL RESPONSE[/b]

“Your application has been received and is approved. We will send Jerome Warwick over to you. We thank the Federal Republic of America for their welcome. We look forward to furthering relations with you.”

“You are correct. The treaty between us two does not incorporate both nations into a new one. It is used for mutual defense and aggression purposes only.

As for your request for Tennessee, this certainly can be arranged. As per the standard procedures, a referendum will be organized as to evaluate the wishes of the local population to join the FRA or not.”
[/quote]

Thank you, we will receive your diplomat warmly. All FRA documents and government officials will be transferred from Washington, F.D. to Montgomery, Alabama as soon as possible.

[b]classified[/b]

That is acceptable.

[quote name='Justinian the Mighty' date='06 May 2010 - 11:06 AM' timestamp='1273172799' post='2289213']
"This is nothing but cheap imitation of the real J Andres!" shouted a Slavorussian Parliament Member and veteran of the Macacan Conflict moments before getting sidetracked telling war stories.
[/quote]

"[i]Well, I'm sorry if you have to think that. It's your opinion, though, but does that reflect the sentiments of the Slavorussian Government?[/i]" A reporter of the [i]Anchor Times[/i] asked.

[quote name='Elrich von Richt' date='06 May 2010 - 12:14 PM' timestamp='1273176823' post='2289252']
[b]Name of Ambassador: Kotobuki Ieyasu (Ieyasu Kotobuki in English)
Nation Name: Japan (Greater Japanese Empire/Dai Nippon Teikoku)
Head of State: Empress Haruhi Suzumiya
Form of Government: Absolute Monarchy
Embassy (Y/N): Yes[/b]

[i]It has come to the attention of the Japanese government that J Andres has risen once again as a sovereign nation on this planet. We wish to congratulate you on your return, and welcome you back officially, on behalf of the Japanese government. We hope that diplomatic exchanges between our respective nations will occur in the future, and that our relations will fruitful.[/i]
[/quote]

"As with all the others, we thank Japan for their welcome. We look forward to furthering relations with you. As for your application, it has been approved. We will send Michel Donald over to you."

[quote name='Germanic Republic' date='06 May 2010 - 02:36 PM' timestamp='1273185355' post='2289408']
Thank you, we will receive your diplomat warmly. All FRA documents and government officials will be transferred from Washington, F.D. to Montgomery, Alabama as soon as possible.

[b]classified[/b]

That is acceptable.
[/quote]

"If you want, our officials stationed in Washington, F.D. can assist in the transportation of your assets to the FRA."

[quote name='JEDCJT' date='05 May 2010 - 10:25 PM' timestamp='1273112694' post='2288544']
OOC: Oh! Thanks, I’ll edit. :D

IC:

[b]OFFICIAL RESPONSE[/b]

“We thank the Federation of Disparu for its warm welcome. You have our words that J Andres will not sink to the low levels that the FSA—note, the FSA, not New England—had sunk to. With that, your application has been received, processed, and is hereby approved. Kirk Sweeney will serve as the Ambassador to Disparu. We are sure he will continue to perform impeccably in his duties as he had served under New England.

As for Michigan, we have no interests in administering it. You may take it over if you wish.”
[/quote]

"Splendid! Miss Chapman shall be immediately sent to our Embassy in Endor Cuidad. We are also glad that Mr. Sweeney will be able to continue to serve as the Ambassador.

As for Michigan, we will be more than happy to administer the region in your stead."

[b]CLASSIFIED[/b]

Since 30,000 Disparuean troops were already stationed in Michigan on behalf of the former regime, there was no need to move soldiers to or from Michigan in order to transfer it to Disparuean control. The only significant changes were that a new flag now flew over Michigan, the protectorate's governmental and economic structure were gradually changed to match Ontario's structures, and various places were renamed just for the formalities (for example, the term "district" was used instead of "county"). Lansing continued to be the capital, and ordinary civilians wouldn't really notice any difference in their daily lives. Only officials in government positions would experience nuisances.

The entire protectorate region, formerly known as the "Joint Disparuean-American Protectorate of Ontario and Michigan" was now just officialy known as the "Disparuean Protectorate of Ontario-Michigan", or more commonly known as the "Disparu Protectorate".

[b]STILL CLASSIFIED[/b]

As soon as Ambassador Chapman arrived at her new embassy in Endor Cuidad, she would send a message to the Andrean Government on behalf of the Executive Council of Disparu.

[quote][center][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091230220737/cybernations/images/thumb/2/29/DisparuGovernmentSeal.png/250px-DisparuGovernmentSeal.png[/img][/center]
[color="#000000"]TO/À: Mickey Bethesda, Minister of Foreign Affairs of J Andres
FROM/DE: Evelyn Chapman, Disparuean Ambassador to J Andres

Greetings Minister Bethesda,

The Executive Council of Disparu wishes to know if a referendum can be held in the regions known as Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine and Bas-Saint-Laurent (both regions are highlighted in red in [url="http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii55/LT_imageserver/Gaspe_Peninsula.png"]this map[/url]) about joining Disparu. You see, these two regions were formerly part of the historical province known as [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec"]"Quebec"[/url]. Seeing that Disparu currently controls all of the former lands of Quebec (with the exception of these two regions), we believe that it would be better for the citizens of Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine and Bas-Saint-Laurent if they unified with their brethren in Disparu.

If the citizens of Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine and Bas-Saint-Laurent do decide that they want to join Disparu, they will be merged into one province which will be known as "Gaspésie". Like the other provinces of Disparu, they will be given representation in the Commons and Senate of Disparu based on their population, and its people will also be given representation in the provincial level by establishing a unicameral provincial parliament, as well as other governmental branches.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to your response.

Regards,

[i]/s/[/i]
Evelyn Chapman
Disparuean Ambassador to J Andres[/color][/quote]

OOC: So, does this mean I get the part of Michigan I wanted? :3

IC:

Name of Ambassador: Alisha Jónás
Nation name: Coruscanta
Head of state: Kazimir Trentino
Form of government: Parliamentary Dictatorship
Would you like us to establish an Embassy in your nation? Y

[quote name='JEDCJT' date='06 May 2010 - 06:52 PM' timestamp='1273186305' post='2289427']
"[i]Well, I'm sorry if you have to think that. It's your opinion, though, but does that reflect the sentiments of the Slavorussian Government?[/i]" A reporter of the [i]Anchor Times[/i] asked.[/quote]

"As the only member of the government who didn’t hightail it out of Moscow as soon as things took a turn for the worse, I reckon I am the Slavorussian government. As a matter of fact It reminds me of the time we were preparing to cross the Porto Pacis-Macacan border--good times. Anyway if you want a reply from those pansies in St. Petersburg then I wouldnt hold my breath if I were you. They're probably getting read to retreat to Finland any day now."

[quote name='Pikachurin' date='06 May 2010 - 06:28 PM' timestamp='1273199305' post='2289617']
[b]STILL CLASSIFIED[/b]

As soon as Ambassador Chapman arrived at her new embassy in Endor Cuidad, she would send a message to the Andrean Government on behalf of the Executive Council of Disparu.
[/quote]

[b]CLASSIFIED[/b]

Evelyn Chapman would receive a reply from Minister Mickey Bethesda:

[quote][color="#000000"]TO: Evelyn Chapman, Disparuean Ambassador to J Andres

Dear Ambassador Chapman,

Your request for the lands that is Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine and Bas-Saint-Laurent had been received, and a referendum will take place to evaluate the wishes of the local population in these lands to join Disparu or not. But I will tell you one aspect: one commission agent who had been sent to the region reported back to my Ministry that the population there views Disparu in a great light. I believe that the results of the planned referendum will go in Disparu’s favor.

However, when considering as such, there is a condition. Only one, as you can see—but its nothing too big of a deal. It concerns the [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magdalen_Islands"]Magdalen Islands[/url], which lies between Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and is a part of Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine. That condition is that we retain the island as a part of our protectorate while you receive Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine, should you get it. Would that be acceptable to the Disparuean Government?

Yours truly,
Mickey Bethesda,
Minister of Foreign Affairs
[i]/s/[/i][/color][/quote]

Edited by JEDCJT

[quote name='Justinian the Mighty' date='06 May 2010 - 06:56 PM' timestamp='1273200970' post='2289671']
"As the only member of the government who didn’t hightail it out of Moscow as soon as things took a turn for the worse, I reckon I am the Slavorussian government. As a matter of fact It reminds me of the time we were preparing to cross the Porto Pacis-Macacan border--good times. Anyway if you want a reply from those pansies in St. Petersburg then I wouldnt hold my breath if I were you. They're probably getting read to retreat to Finland any day now."
[/quote]

"[i]Ah, I see. I'll pass on the word to the J Andres Government. Thank you for your time.[/i]" The reporter said as he jotted down something in his notes.

The Reich welcomes J Andres into the world, and hopes that it won't turn into a paranoid state like the FSA. On that note, we hereby submit an entry for an embassy:

Name of Ambassador: Friedrich Mauser
Nation Name: The Imperial Hudson Reich
Head of State: Kaiser Wilhelm I
Head of Government: Chancellor Otto Von Bismark
Form of Government: Constitutional Federal Monarchy

[quote name='Jordosaur94' date='06 May 2010 - 08:15 PM' timestamp='1273205710' post='2289821']
The Reich welcomes J Andres into the world, and hopes that it won't turn into a paranoid state like the FSA. On that note, we hereby submit an entry for an embassy:

Name of Ambassador: Friedrich Mauser
Nation Name: The Imperial Hudson Reich
Head of State: Kaiser Wilhelm I
Head of Government: Chancellor Otto Von Bismark
Form of Government: Constitutional Federal Monarchy
[/quote]

"We thank the Reich for this. Your application has been received and is approved. We will send over Stacey Wells to you."

[quote name='Markus Wilding' date='06 May 2010 - 06:51 PM' timestamp='1273200643' post='2289657']
OOC: So, does this mean I get the part of Michigan I wanted? :3

IC:

Name of Ambassador: Alisha Jónás
Nation name: Coruscanta
Head of state: Kazimir Trentino
Form of government: Parliamentary Dictatorship
Would you like us to establish an Embassy in your nation? Y
[/quote]

OOC: Oh man! Didnt see this, sorry. >.<
And yes, you can have it. Heck, you can have all of Michigan, if Pikachurin consents. :3

IC:

"Oh, please pardon us our late response. It seem the Ministry is not fully functioning yet, for we are still working in establishing our state. Anyways, your application is approved. We will send over Reese Hobart over to you."

Name of Ambassador: Kao Lu
Nation name: United States of China
Head of state: Chiang Wei-Kuo (President)
Form of government: Federal Parliamentary Democracy with Chinese Charateristics
Would you like us to establish an Embassy in your nation? (Y/N): Y

[quote name='Triyun' date='07 May 2010 - 11:37 AM' timestamp='1273261034' post='2290522']
Name of Ambassador: Kao Lu
Nation name: United States of China
Head of state: Chiang Wei-Kuo (President)
Form of government: Federal Parliamentary Democracy with Chinese Charateristics
Would you like us to establish an Embassy in your nation? (Y/N): Y
[/quote]

"Your application has been received by the Ministry and is hereby approved. We will send over Jonathan Lang over to you."