World Premiere of Symphony

[center][img]http://cnsymphony.com/img/doe-emblem.png[/img][/center]
[color=green]
Good evening,

I come before you this evening to announce the existence of Symphony, a new Green Sphere alliance. Symphony is the culmination of the years of combined experience of many veteran players who hope to form a new union based on the ideals that all among our ranks hold dear. We form this union based on the principles of loyalty, integrity, intelligence, and mutual respect. We cultivate this new community to ensure the mutual defense, prosperity, and respect of all those privileged to join our ranks. The aforementioned concepts are the inspiration for Symphony's foundation, and will remain at the forefront of all of our policies, procedures, and actions.[/color]

[quote]
[font=georgia][size=12pt][u][b]Article I – PREAMBLE[/b][/u][/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 1[/i][/size][size=10pt] – The purpose of Symphony shall be to provide for the protection and support of her member nations, as well as present organized interactions with other alliances in an effort to promote a productive and holistic existence within the world of CyberNations.[/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 2[/i][/size][size=10pt] – Above all else, Symphony values honor, loyalty, respect, strength, integrity, mutual prosperity, a sense of humor, intelligence, and most importantly, the voice of all nations contained within the membership. These concepts are the inspiration for the foundation of the alliance, and should remain at the forefront of all policies, procedures, and actions of the member nations.[/size]

[size=12pt][b][u]Article II – GOVERNMENT STRUCTURE[/u][/b][/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 1[/i][/size][size=10pt] – The premier legislative body of Symphony is composed of four members, hereby referred to as “the Quadrumvirate,” which shall consist of the following positions:

* Quadrumvir of Defense – Responsible for wartime preparations and military organization
* Quadrumvir of Economics – Responsible for procuring trades, technology, and growth opportunities
* Quadrumvir of Foreign Affairs – Responsible for creating and maintaining foreign relations
* Quadrumvir of Internal Affairs – Responsible for member admission, compliance, and discipline[/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 2[/i][/size][size=10pt] – Each Quadrumvir shall have complete dominion over all policies, procedures, and personnel of their respective Council. In any situation that requires cooperation between two or more divisions, these efforts shall be overseen by the entirety of the Quadrumvirate.[/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 3[/i][/size][size=10pt] – Quadrumvirs may appoint up to two Deputies – one Senior and one Junior – in order to assist with the proper supervision of all matters within their Council. The Senior Deputy shall lead their Council during an approved leave of absence of the Quadrumvir, and shall be the prime candidate to replace the Quadrumvir in the case of resignation or removal from office.[/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 4[/i][/size][size=10pt] – When a measure has reached the stage of a vote, each Quadrumvir must cast their ballot on the forums within a 72-hour window from the initial call for a vote. Responses via proxy will not be permitted. In addition, each Quadrumvir is responsible for stating that they have voted on the issue, while not revealing which response they have chosen.[/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 5[/i][/size][size=10pt] – A three-fourths (or 75%) majority must be reached in order for any legislation to be successfully passed. If any Quadrumvirate vote should result in a tie, the Senior Deputies of each Council will be brought into a joint vote with the Quadrumvirate. Following further debate, another vote shall take place. In this circumstance, a five-eighths majority (or 63%) vote is required for approval.[/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 6[/i][/size][size=10pt] – In the event that a Quadrumvir is absent for a period of two weeks, and they have not been properly cleared for a leave of absence by the rest of the Quadrumvirate, a Vote of No Confidence shall be brought forth to the alliance.[/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 7[/i][/size][size=10pt] – Should any one Quadrumvir resign or be removed from office, their Senior Deputy will supervise all functions of their Council until another Quadrumvir is selected by a unanimous vote of the remaining members of the Quadrumvirate.[/size]

[size=12pt][b][u]Article III – GOVERNMENT SELECTION[/u][/b][/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 1[/i][/size][size=10pt] – At any time, if the membership feels as though a Quadrumvir does not properly represent the alliance and her principles, or is incapable of properly running their Council, they may present a Vote of No Confidence. This Vote can be called at any time given the signature of any five members in good standing.[/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 2[/i][/size][size=10pt] – In the case of a Vote of No Confidence, a vote shall be placed before the entire population of the alliance. A two-thirds (or 67%) majority is required in order to remove any Quadrumvir from power.[/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 3[/i][/size][size=10pt] – If the Senior Deputy is not approved as the replacement, or if two positions within the Quadrumvirate are vacant at the same time, a joint vote of the congress between the remaining Quadrumvirs and Senior Deputies shall take place in order to instate another candidate. In this circumstance, a four-sevenths (or 57%) majority is required to declare a clear winner.[/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 4[/i][/size][size=10pt] – If a Senior Deputy resigns, the Junior Deputy is automatically assumed to be the Senior Deputy of their respective Council, unless the Quadrumvir appoints another candidate.[/size]

[size=12pt][b][u]Article IV – MEMBERSHIP[/u][/b][/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 1[/i][/size][size=10pt] – This alliance shall never tolerate preferential treatment of any nation ruler, including those wishing to apply for membership. In accordance with the guiding principles in Article I.2 of this charter, all applicants are to be given proper consideration and respect. However, anyone may be rejected in order to maintain the integrity of the alliance.[/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 2[/i][/size][size=10pt] – All nations seeking entry to Symphony may post a public application within the forums. In order to determine the nature of the application, these applicants will be subjected to examinations and an interview process.[/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 3[/i][/size][size=10pt] – Following successful completion of the previous section, each application will be subjected to a 72-hour window of private discussion and debate within the full membership. If any current Symphonian in good standing has reason to suspect that the acceptance of the applicant would not better the alliance or its community, they may openly present this to the membership and the Council without fear of censorship or repercussion. Any such statements will be taken into serious consideration prior to an applicant's admission.[/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 4[/i][/size][size=10pt] – Any applicants that have active wars, are indebted to another alliance, or are listed on any form of ZI list must indicate this on their applications. All issues must be resolved before any further steps may be made toward membership. Failure to present the full truth about any such issues may result in the immediate termination of membership.[/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 5[/i][/size][size=10pt] – If an applicant is approved to become a member of Symphony, they will have a period of four weeks in which they should switch to the Green team. If this statute is not met, the member will be removed from good standing, and may be asked to leave the alliance. The Quadrumvir of Internal Affairs may make any exceptions to this requirement on a case-by-case basis.[/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 6[/i][/size][size=10pt] – Should a nation be found wearing the “Symphony” Alliance Affiliation without proper authorization, they will be declared to be a ghost/rogue, and will be dealt with accordingly.[/size]

[size=12pt][u][b]Article V – CODE OF CONDUCT[/b][/u][/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 1[/i][/size][size=10pt] – All Symphonians shall remain in good standing in the alliance provided that they are not in violation of any of the following Sections. Should a member be found to not be in compliance, their membership may be terminated, and their nation may possibly be subjected to a sentence of Zero Infrastructure.[/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 2[/i][/size][size=10pt] – Symphonians are expected to uphold all legislation and orders that the Quadrumvirate present to the alliance, unless these actions are deemed to be in violation of Article I.2 of this charter. In this circumstance, a Vote of No Confidence should be brought forth.[/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 3[/i][/size][size=10pt] – All Symphonians are to be on the Green team, unless the Quadrumvir of Internal Affairs approves exemption.[/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 4[/i][/size][size=10pt] – All Symphonians are expected to proudly wear the Alliance Affiliation of “Symphony,” and include their membership identification number in their nation biography at all times.[/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 5[/i][/size][size=10pt] – When dealing with any outside persons or groups, each member is expected to exemplify all of the characteristics listed in Article I.2 of this charter. The image, honor, and integrity of Symphony are greater than any one member.[/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 6[/i][/size][size=10pt] – Individual nations may not engage in any aggressive wars with, or provide intelligence to, any non-member for any reason, unless given explicit orders from the Quadrumvirate.[/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 7[/i][/size][size=10pt] – All Symphonians are expected to repay any possible debts within a reasonable amount of time, though the Quadrumvir of Economics may make exceptions.[/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 8[/i][/size][size=10pt] – Tech raiding is deemed as an unacceptable practice for any Symphonian. There are no exceptions to this section.[/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 9[/i][/size][size=10pt] – Prior to departure from the alliance, a member must post a public resignation 72 hours before they are allowed to leave. All resignations are subject to approval by the Quadrumvirate.[/size]

[size=12pt][u][b]Article VI – WAR[/b][/u][/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 1[/i][/size][size=10pt] – Member nations may only declare an aggressive war upon receiving an order from the Quadrumvirate or the Senior Deputy of the Defense Council. Wars declared without clear and direct orders will be seen as rogue actions.[/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 2[/i][/size][size=10pt] – At any time, members are permitted and expected to defend against any offensive military action on their nations, and will have the full support of their alliance in terms of diplomacy, finances, and military.[/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 3[/i][/size][size=10pt] – The alliance has a strict NO FIRST STRIKE policy in regard to nuclear assaults. Nuclear weapons may be used in defensive measures, but only when at least one member nation has been attacked by a nuclear weapon or upon the unanimous approval of the Quadrumvirate.[/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 4[/i][/size][size=10pt] – During a state of war, all admissions will be closed. No members are to be admitted, nor shall any be allowed to resign. In addition, those refusing to follow orders to defend their fellow members shall be declared enemies of the alliance.[/size]

[size=12pt][b][u]Article VII – AMENDMENTS[/u][/b][/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 1[/i][/size][size=10pt] – Any Symphonian in good standing may present Charter amendments for debate. If significant popular opinion is deemed to be in favor of the addition, subtraction, or changing of text, the Quadrumvirate shall bring it forth for a vote.[/size]

[size=12pt][i]Section 2[/i][/size][size=10pt] – Ratification of all Charter amendments requires a three-fourths (or 75%) vote from the Quadrumvirate in order to be placed into effect.[/size][/font][/quote]

[color=green]We extend our hand in friendship to all those who wish to come to know us, and invite you to join us on our Forums (http://forums.cnsymphony.com/), and in our public IRC channel #Symphony on irc.coldfront.net. We can also be found on Wiki at http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Symphony[/color]

[center][img]http://cnsymphony.com/img/symflag-500wave.gif[/img]

[img]http://cnsymphony.com/img/founders.png[/img][/center]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote][center][IMG]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh52/camartin45/PRFlag3.png[/img] [img]http://cnsymphony.com/img/symflag-400wave.gif[/img]

Hello, do you love beautiful music? The clarion call of a brass orchestra? The angelic majesty of strings? The ancient pounding of native drums? [i] Optional defense pacts?[/i] Now for an unlimited time, you can enjoy special offer from Phoenix Rising and Symphony.

[b][i][size=24pt]The Making Beautiful Music Accords[/size][/i][/b]

This one of a kind collection includes some of the most beautiful and uplifting melodies of all time, such as....
[b]
Article I: Sovereignty and Friendship[/b]
This enchanting journey to self discovery will ensure that PhR and Symphony will seek out diplomacy and work through any disagreements in a manner befitting sweeping music that plays while you stare at waterfalls. Communication will be open and constant as the music carries us along on Eagle's wings.

[i]and who could forget...[/i]
[b]Article II: Defense and War[/b]
This timeless favorite will let us know that even in times of conflict, we'll be strongly encouraged to come to the defense of one another. With our non-metaphorical nukes, we will rain down powerful, dramatic and inspiring bloodshed upon those that threaten us.

[i]and of course...[/i]
[b]Article III: Intelligence[/b]
As music lovers, we always love to share new music. Anything we hear that would inspire (or threaten) the other signatory will be shared promptly.

[i]and the award-winning favorite (before wars at least)...[/i]
[b]Article IV: Termination[/b]
If either of us decide that "OMG KINGS OF LEON IS TEH BEST MUSIC EVER!!!", either signatory has the option of returning this special offer after a 72 hour waiting period.

This once in a lifetime offer comes with signatures of some of the most talented and sweater wearing composers of our era.

[color=green][b]Signed for Phoenix Rising:[/b]
[i][b]dagger08[/b], Arbiter of Hope
[b]Rickyman1984[/b], Arbiter of Strength
[b]Sognatore[/b], Arbiter of Wisdom
[b]Pintos5150[/b], Master of Foreign Affairs
[b]Emperor Charlemagne[/b], Eternal
[b]Randleman[/b], Eternal[/i][/color]

[img]http://cnsymphony.com/img/quad1-sigsclear.png[/img]

[b]BUY NOW![/b]
[img]http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/86892.jpg[/img][/center][/quote]

Edited by Rickyman1984

[i]Good news, everyone![/i]

We, the various musicians of Symphony, hereby enter the world stage with this proclamation of our existence.

The orchestration of Symphony, a composition of green nations, represents many years of performance experience with varying degrees of critical acclaim. Our troupe acknowledges that each player is instrumental in the overall success of Symphony's harmony. With this in mind, we endeavor to promote...

[i]I don't have time for this. I need to buy a single piece of fruit with a coupon and then return it making people wait behind me while I complain.[/i]

Edited by Farnsworth

[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/Wm3HP.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/7wdUQ.gif[/img][/center]

[font="Times New Roman"][center][i][b][size="5"]The Dark Symphony[/size][/b][/i][/center]

[b][i]Preamble[/i][/b]
The signatories of this treaty, The Dark Templar and Symphony, agree to all articles set forth. It is understood and respected that both alliances shall retain their sovereignty and independence.

[i][b]Article I. Non-Aggression[/b][/i]
Neither party will engage in harmful acts against each other - including espionage and warfare - nor will they support a third party attempting such acts. Civility and Friendship will prevail.

[b][i]Article II. Intelligence[/i][/b]
Both parties agree to share intelligence which may threaten the sovereignty of the other.

[i][b]Article III. Optional Defense & Assistance[/b][/i]
Should one party face foreign aggression, the other reserves the right to choose to provide assistance. Said assistance may include military, political, monetary funds, and/or technology.

[i][b]Article IV. Terms of Cancellation[/b][/i]
Should either party choose to cancel this treaty, 72 hour notice must be given in advance.

[b][i]Signed for Dark Templar:[/i][/b]
[i][b]Supa_Troop3r[/b][/i], The Dark Archon
[i][b]Myworld[/b][/i], Lord of Development, The Old Man sitting on the dock
[i][b]General Ozujsko[/b][/i], Lord of Foreign Affairs, Grand Marshall of the Jersey Shore, Kommandant of Exit 63.
[i][b]TiTaN[/b][/i], Lord of War[/font]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/hTJ5e.png[/img]

Edited by General Ozujsko

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='02 May 2010 - 11:13 PM' timestamp='1272856419' post='2284612']
Okay, admit it, Antonio did the flag didn't he? Good luck dude.
[/quote]

Astarle did our graphic work :awesome:

Congratulations guys!

o/ Symphony!
o/ PhR!
o/ DT!

[quote name='Farnsworth' date='02 May 2010 - 11:06 PM' timestamp='1272855974' post='2284596']
I am looking forward to this.

o/ Symphony
o/ Phoenix Rising
o/ Dark Templar

edit: Too bad I posted in the middle of the announcements. Oh well. :P
[/quote]

You made up for it by having a great avatar. Hahaha. I love Tom Waits.

Edited by General Ozujsko

A green alliance with great graphics [s]made by AS6(if Xiphosis is right)[/s]? Of course I approve even if I'm not fan of your government structure(Quadrumvirate? :unsure: )

Welcome to cyberverse and good luck!

Edit: Xiphosis was wrong

Edited by D34th