Treaty of Selenarctos Redux

king of cochin

In view of the time tested and matured relationship between the Kingdom of Cochin and Selenarctos, the Treaty of Selenarctos is hereby upgraded from a Non Aggression Pact to a Mutual Defense Pact.
[quote]
[center][color="#FF0000"][size="4"][u][b]TREATY OF SELENARCTOS[/b][/u][/size][/color][/center]

Prequel:
Resolved that shared interests are indeed shared by both Selenarctos and the Kingdom of Cochin, the before mentioned hereby commit themselves to the following articles.

Article I: Sovereignty
The Sovereignty of both nations shall not be questioned or otherwise infringed upon by either. Each nation will abstain from military acts of aggression, acts of espionage or the effecting of economic sanctions when such actions are directed at a signatory to this pact.

Article II: Mutual Defense
Each signatory recognizes that an attack on one is an attack on the other, and therefore will provide any and all requested support be it military, financial, or political. This obligation is moreover conditional to wars whereby one of the signatories to this pact is an initial point within the overall conflict, or otherwise participating within a coalition that was itself initially defensive, and not the aggressor within the war.

Article III: Economic & Trade Affairs

i) Both signatories pledge to eliminate tariffs on goods that are not produced within the other’s nation. Both signatories further pledge to mutually reduce, or eliminate tariffs on goods produced by already well established and competitive industry within each respective nation. Finally both signatories agree to established a standard trade code in order to foster transaction between the two nations. Such will be managed by a jointly chaired trade commission tasked to oversee and manage Pacifican-Cochin trade relations.

ii) Both signatories are encouraged but in no way required to provide economic assistance or aid when requested.

Article IV: Cancellation

i) Should Article I, Article II, or Article III be violated by either signatory, the counter signatory may choose to immediately dissolve this pact in its entirety.

ii) Should either nation come to decide that they no longer wish to be bound by this pact, it may be cancelled at any point. However its articles will remain in effect for 47 hours after either private or public notification of the activation of Article IV.

Signed for the Kingdom of Cochin,

His Highness Kerala Varma,
The King of Cochin.
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww110/gokulvarmank/Tiny/flag2.jpg[/img]

Signed for Selenarctos,
Antonio Pilar, Second Director of the Economic Division
Marcelo Bonifacio, First Director of the Security Division
Pacita Arellano, First Director of the Popular Division
[/quote]

Edited by king of cochin