The Reformation, Reconciliation, and Revenge of the LUEnited Nations

[center][img]http://i43.tinypic.com/2qb9oja.gif[/img]

[size="6"][b]The Reformation, Reconciliation, and Revenge of the LUEnited Nations[/b][/size][/center]

[i]Denial, old, bearded, and grey, walks up to the podium slowly, in his brown duster, cane in hand. The old podium still has the symbol of a green dinosaur and moustachioed rider on the center, though it is old and faded. Denial clears his throat, takes a drink out of his silver flask, and begins talking.[/i]

Three years ago, the LUEnited Fleet was ravaged above LUEnited Center by innumerable foes in a cataclysmic battle that concluded with the utter rout of the entire LUEnited Navy. The survivors, a few Star Destroyers, led by the mighty Archon and Denial, full of civilians and the remaining military personnel, escaped under heavy fire to the Unknown Regions of the Bob Galaxy. Many were mercilessly pursued, hunted down, and annihilated. Many more were left adrift without life support systems, slowly becoming ghost ships pockmarked by jettisoned escape pods. But some escaped detection, slowly rebuilding their men and materials, preparing for the inevitable return to the known galaxy.

We set out from Planet Bob far below us. Our mission: to form a colony on a newly fertile moon, to extend the dominance of the LUEnited Order to worlds beyond our own. For months, we thrived and sent good news back home. There were skirmishes, conflicts, nothing world-ending. With the strength of our Order we always knew we were stable.

Then, communications were lost with Earth. We thought at first there had been a natural disaster, dustclouds or sunspots or something else to explain the radio silence and the sudden increase in radiation.

[i]Denial takes a slow breath and wipes his brow before continuing.[/i]

In isolation, in darkness, we had no choice but to rebuild, and rebuild we did. No longer the people of Earth, we were those of the moon, left to our own devices and our own judgment. Our empire grew, and as the politics of our new world calmed into quiet agreement, we turned our eyes back to our old home. Probes sent to Bob reported the slow clearing of the radiation, but still no word from home.

Finally, we sent a manned mission into Earth orbit.

What they found explained everything, explained it and increased our horror at what we had escaped.

[i]Denial takes another swig from his flask before continuing.[/i]

In the pressurized domes of the moon, we watched and shivered in fear. We could not return, not now, not like this. To land would be to invite destruction. Thus, we sent not ourselves but our words, quiet whispers to kind ears. The message we sent, that we were not what they had become. We burned no cities, committed no atrocities. We did not mind being judged, but we wished such judgment to be for ourselves, not for the actions of others.

Slowly it was built. Not accord, not alliance, but a chance. One chance to show we were what we claimed, perhaps one chance more than we deserved.

So here we sit, in orbit, the landers ready for planetfall and our return.

VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call us, LUEnited Nations.

The people have spoken, and we have come back to be their voice.

[i]Denial waits for the applause and other commotion to calm down before continuing.[/i]

[b]With the cooperation of both its leadership, the Mushroom Kingdom and Vanguard have officially dissolved. In their place, LUEnited Nations rises.[/b]

Today is a bright day for LUEnited Nations. We may now mend old wounds, create new friendships, and reaffirm old ones. I encourage any and all LUEridians to return home when they feel that they are ready. We understand that LUEridia is returning in the middle of a conflict, and we would not expect you to dishonor yourselves by leaving your current alliances out to dry. LUEridia will be here when you return.

[center][img]http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5091/nastyi.gif[/img]
*saLUEte*[/center]

Denial,
[i]Minister of Foreign Affairs[/i]

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[center][img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/Anomaline/Creations/decree_cropped.png[/img][/center]

This is obviously a momentous day for us...perhaps the greatest day in the history of our alliances. For we are indeed a merger of the Mushroom Kingdom and Vanguard into a greater single entity - the LUEnited Nations. As such, this joined entity hereby claims dominion over and protection of the following alliance affiliations: Vanguard, Mushroom Kingdom, and LUEnited Nations. We will also be retaining all treaties signed by the Mushroom Kingdom and all treaties signed by Vanguard with the exception of: The Drunken Accords (Vanguard-Legion of Eldar MDoAP) and the Watch Out For Low Lying Limbs (Vanguard - Stickmen MDoAP).

In terms of the governmental structure, it shall be as follows:

[b]Co-Leaders[/b]: Archon and rafael_nadal
[b]Minister of Defense[/b]: babyjesus
[b]Minister of Foreign Affairs[/b]: Denial
[b]Minister of Internal Affairs[/b]: HD30
[b]Minister of Internal Affairs[/b]: Lebubu
[b]Minister of Media[/b]: AVFC_1
[b]Minister of Trade[/b]: Ivan Moldavi
[b]Minister of Pacifican Expatriates[/b]: SirWilliam

You can find the charter of the LUEnited Nations on the Wiki. We'll probably put some updated form of it up at some point. Our official team color doesn't exist, foo. Our flag, as you all know, is Custom 35.

Our official IRC channel is #ln on irc.coldfront.net

On Behalf of the LUEnited Nations,
[i]Archon[/i]
Co-Leader of LUE

We're back. DEAL WITH IT *saLUEte*

Edited by TheNeverender