Welcome to where time stands still.

[center][img]http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad10/cnsanitarium/Sanitarium%20Imagery/officialannoucement.png[/img]

[img]http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad10/cnsanitarium/Sanitarium%20Imagery/sanitarium300px-1.png[/img][/center]

Good evening,

I come before you today to present you with Sanitarium, a new alliance built upon a foundation of always doing right by its members and its friends. Rather then walking the usual route which these declarations seem to follow and posting our charter, I'll just lay out the basic information. (if by chance you are interested in reading our charter, it is publicly viewable on our forums.)

[b]Team:[/b] Blue
[b]Forums[/b] [url]http://www.cn-sanitarium.com[/url]
[b]IRC:[/b] #sanitarium on ColdFront

Our protector will be making an announcement shortly in this thread. I'd like to thank you for the time to read this, and I invite you all to visit us in #sanitarium.

memoryproblems, [i]Premier[/i]

[center][img]http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad10/cnsanitarium/Sanitarium%20Imagery/tpf-sanitarium.png[/img][/center]
[center][quote]Gone Insane, But the Memory Remains
A Protectorate Pact

Article I: Sovereignty

This Pact shall not infringe on the sovereignty of The Phoenix Federation and Sanitarium and shall serve to only embody the friendship and trust amongst the signatory alliances.

Article II: Communication

The signatories shall keep open lines of communication between each other through IRC, Forums, and/or In-Game Messages.

Article III: Non Aggression

In the spirit of friendship, neither signatory alliance will engage in any hostile action towards the other signatory in any form.

Article IV: Protection

In the case that Sanitarium falls under attack, The Phoenix Federation pledges support militarily, financially, and/or politically.

Article V: Cancellation

If either signatory finds that this agreement is no longer in their best interest, they may cancel the agreement with seventy-two (72) hours written notice, or immediately by mutual consent. Any violation of Article I, II, or III shall serve as cause for immediate termination by the protector.

Signed for TPF,
mhawk - Evil Overlord
Desperado - High Magistrate
TheCrimsonKing - Phoenix Magistrate
Airikr - Ember
Beernuts - Ember
Great Lakes Union - Ember
JBone - Ember
auto98 - TPF resident Def Leppard fanatic
chaz9055- Minister of Foreign Affairs

Signed for Sanitarium,
memoryproblems-Premier[/quote][/center]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='28 March 2010 - 08:25 PM' timestamp='1269825895' post='2239664']
[color="#0000FF"]This alliance says it will be different than every other. It won't be, so I really don't get why people keep on forming new alliances. There isn't anything new to be done.[/color]
[/quote]

A lot depends on how you measure 'difference'.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='28 March 2010 - 09:25 PM' timestamp='1269825895' post='2239664']
[color="#0000FF"]This alliance says it will be different than every other. It won't be, so I really don't get why people keep on forming new alliances. There isn't anything new to be done.[/color]
[/quote]

True, but I think he was just saying he won't follow the norm of posting the charter and he'll keep the DoE simple instead.

[quote name='goldielax25' date='28 March 2010 - 08:33 PM' timestamp='1269826403' post='2239672']
Awesome theme, I don't like how you tainted it with the name of the protectorate treaty though lol. Bad Metallica has no place alongside good Metallica.
[/quote]

All Metallica is good music (Except St. Anger, which was horrible.), however some of it is (significantly) better then others.

I'm pleased that you picked up on the theme, I didn't figure that anybody would be able to make the connection.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='memoryproblems' date='28 March 2010 - 09:39 PM' timestamp='1269826724' post='2239673']
All Metallica is good music (Except St. Anger, which was horrible.), however some of it is (significantly) better then others.

I'm pleased that you picked up on the theme, I didn't figure that anybody would be able to make the connection.
[/quote]

I dunno, I really don't like much of anything from the Black Album on, I'm really old fashioned when it comes to Metallica. Although Death Magnetic was a refreshing album.

This is possibly one of my favorite songs from my favorite album of theirs, so of course I'd get the theme. Orion still takes the cake though.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='28 March 2010 - 08:25 PM' timestamp='1269825895' post='2239664']
[/quote]

Plenty of alliances are different from each other. The culture, disposition, and beliefs of different alliances can differ. Example: GATO is not the same as my former alliance NOAH was. In fact, I'd say that no alliances are the same as what NOAH was. I'd say no alliance is like what GATO is. I'd say no alliance it like Nordreich, and I'll say the same about the NPO, GPA, Legion, ODN, and so on.

You're right in that all alliances have some similar goals. They all want to grow, develop themselves, maintain internal stability, and have vindication for their actions. Their methods of accomplishing this are not necessarily the same, though.