Coat Sale

Veneke

[i]The bar was dark, and dank, and in some dire need of a clean. The beer though was flowing thick and fast, and that was enough for most all concerned. A short, bearded man in a long brown trenchcoat was sitting at a table with a heavily muscled panda and a woman with a glint of steel in her eye. She too wore a similar brown trenchcoat. Near the other end of the bar, a man rises, tankard extended...[/i]

"A toast! A month ago today, honour was satisfied! And the independents were sent running like the cowardly piss-pots that they were."

[i]Ragged cheers come from parts of the crowd, notably from men dressed in suits adorned sparingly with odd symbols. The short man rises out of his seat.[/i]

"Got a need for another brew is it Captain?" the woman asks, eyebrow raised, a faint smile playing on her lips.

"Exactly so," came his grinning reply.

He was interrupted by a radio buzzing in his pocket.

"Oi, you said you were only going for a single drink. You've been down there for 4 hours now, you're not up to anything stupid are you?"

He pressed the send button in, bringing the small black device up to his mouth, "Not at all Erixxxx, you just be ready with the ship to come and rescue us."

"Rescue... wait! Ven!"

[i]The short bearded man turned the radio off, and proceeded across to the very smartly dressed man at the bar, who turns and begins to speak,[/i]

"I didn't see you toast to victory with us, newcomer." There is a momentary silence, "You know, that coat is brown colour, isn't it? In fact, it looks like what those Independents used to wear."

"It was on sale."

"Uh-huh."

[center]*****[/center]

[i]The short bearded man is seen flying out of the bar, sent sprawling into the dust and the hard caked earth. Struggling to his feet he sees the warrior woman shove two men out of the bar itself and follow them out into the street.[/i]

Taping a button on the radio he resumes talking, "Hello, Erixxxx? Aye, your grand entrance might not go terribly amiss right about now."

"Oh, so now you want me is it? Well fine, but when you get back in we're going to talk about all of this!"

[i]The panda explodes out of the bar, five men clawing at him. Ducking under a punch the warrior woman lands a blow sending a man to the dust. Numbers though, begin to push them back, until the three are completely corned by a wall and the crowd. Suddenly, the air begins to stir, and the sight of a slow-moving and low-flying ship covers the sky. Out of nowhere, Erixxxx's loud voice booms as a portal opens and ropes are lowered for the three.[/i]

"Every man there go back inside, or we will blow a crater in this little moon."

[i]Visibly annoyed, the ruffled suited men begin to return to the bar as the three are hauled back up into the ship.[/i]

Holding the button on the radio, "Cheers Erixxxx, things were getting mighty sporty down there."

[i]Loud, unintelligible swears emanate from the cockpit.[/i]

[center][IMG]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll214/Veneke1/57thFlagbkp4-acopy-1-1-1.png[/IMG][IMG]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080801213505/cybernations/images/9/9b/Vaflagui3.png[/IMG]
[b][i]Coat Sale[/b][/i][/center]

[b]Preamble[/b]
[i]We're in a bar... who'd have thought?[/i]

In the spirit of mutual friendship, protection and converging interests, the 57th Overlanders (57th) and Veritas Aequitas (VA), do hereby agree to this treaty of Mutual Defence and Optional Offense in good faith and fully aware of the obligations it puts on them to the other.

[b]Article I: Peaceful relations[/b]
[i]Just havin' a quiet drink.[/i]

In the interests of maintaining this treaty, both 57th and VA agree that all disputes, political, military or economic, will be solved in an agreeable and timely manner in accordance with the standard practice of all concerned.

[b]Article II: Intelligence Sharing[/b]
[i]Because there's little enough to go around as it is.[/i]

In the interests of proactive defence, both 57th and VA agree that all information critical to the defensive and strategic interests of the other will be forwarded.

[b]Article III: Foreign Aid[/b]
[i]I'm telling you, the coat was on sale![/i]

In the interests of common development and growth, both 57th and VA agree that the development and economic security of the other has a direct impact on the others strategic interests, and as such requests made for economic assistance either in terms of personnel or material will be granted without undue delay or evasion.

[b]Article IV: Mutual Defence[/b]
[i]I said, you're a coward, and a pisspot. Now what are you gonna do about it? Nothin'. I just wanted you to face me so she could get behind ya.[/i]

In the interests of common security and mutual defence, both 57th and VA agree that the economic and political well-being of one immediately affects the other. As such, an attack of any kind on one is considered a valid casus belli that must be acted upon by the other.

Where an attack of any kind on one was precipitated by compliance with a treaty separate to this one, there is considered to be a valid casus belli for the other that may be acted upon.

[b]Article V: Optional Offence[/b]
[i]Management Not Responsible for Ball Failure.[/i]

In the interests of coordination of military assets in the best manner possible during wartime, both 57th and VA agree to reserve the right to engage alongside the other during any offensive operations.

[b]Article VI: Cancellation[/b]
[i]I've given some thought to movin' off the edge--not an ideal location--thinkin' a place in the middle.[/i]

In the interests of recognizing that our interests may not always converge, both 57th and VA agree to being able to cancel this treaty in its entirety with 72 hours notice. During these 72 hours, the treaty is still considered active.

[b][i][u]Signed:[/b][/i][/u]

[i]For 57th Overlanders:[/i]

Veneke, Captain, "Admiral Fancypants".
DesertSon, Commander, "Grumpy Old Man"
Uisge Beatha, Lieutenant of Abnormal Growth
Viion, Lieutenant of Disguise

[i]For Veritas Aequitas:[/i]

Erixxxx, Lord Protector
mankiller, Lord of Foreign Affairs
Amanita phalloides, Lord of Armed Forces
Wanderofys, Lord of Recruitment
Discojames, Lord of Internal Affairs
Boskosbigdawgs, Lord of Economical Development

I'm extremely happy to see this come to fruition. I was fortunate to have helped bring our alliances together, but the current leadership of both VA and 57th are the ones to be commended for keeping our relationship growing. Congrats to us both, and I hope our bonds continue to tighten.

o/ 57th
o/ VA

• 5 months later...

How does a person hail a treaty that is 6 months old, much less when one treaty partner no longer exists?
Coat sale indeed. [url="http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?Alliance=Cult+of+Justitia&input1=57th+overlanders"]More like[/url] fire sale. Good riddance!

Edited by Schattenmann