Announcement from the People's Order of Truth

[center][img]http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7834/800pxpotflag.png[/img]
[color=green][size=4][b]Announcement from the People's Order of Truth[/b][/size][/color][/center]Today's announcement isn't to celebrate a milestone or a new treaty - it is to celebrate not only a new era in POT's history, but a step to progress and development. As we approach the fifty member milestone, we're reminded of our future, and we look to it aspiring to become one of the great alliances in the Cyberverse - as is the dreams of any person in a beginner alliance. As we ponder and plan out who we are to become; what kind of influence we're going to have on this world. We look to those around us for leadership and for ideas.

Unfortunately, with the case of our President KOwens06, we're finding that planning for our future with him at the helm increasingly difficult. Over the last couple of weeks, we've seen the decisions and with whom he places his trust in to be, well, quite misplaced. In those fourteen days especially, we, the Government of POT, have observed the following:

• [b]Impulsiveness[/b]. While President of this alliance, KOwens06 made sudden impulsive actions frequently, and it became a style of his rule. Such major actions have occurred in a heartbeat, including that of organizing a merger with two alliances - both of which were not supported by the membership but whose efforts were continued by President KOwens06 in defiance to POT's membership and in the pursuit of his own interests.
[i]"The President shall work with the [cabinet] to decide alliance matters, set foreign policy, and always serve to protect the alliance. "[right]- Article II, Section 1[/right][/i]
• [b]Ignored Government[/b]. KOwens06 lead the alliance, but did not lead his government. Many times his decisions came into conflict with his cabinet, and myself as his Vice-President. Such decisions were that of appointments in government and official alliance policy - often made by KOwens06 without any consultation of his government. A fair exmaple of this is the appointment of BestRuler into POT's government and the removal of Mcfortin as Secretary of the Interior and his move to the Defense Department - and the subsequent removal of outgoing Defense Secretary Trumpkin.
[i]"The President may remove, move and replace members of the [cabinet] at his/her leisure, with 100% vote from the [cabinet]."
[right]- Article II, Section 1[/right][/i]
• [b]Disregard for Law[/b]. KOwens06 allowed for BestRuler to overstep his authority many times as Secretary of the Interior, as well as not consulting the rest of his government for his appointment as well as for Trumpkin's removal as Secretary of Defense - as required by the Charter (Article II, Section1). KOwens06 has defied the law he himself wrote for his alliance, the Charter of the People's Order of Truth. Throughout his rule, he's ignored the supreme law of the land, and has allowed for his confidants to neglect these rules. An example of this would be BestRuler, who after his month departure from POT, he's ban from the New Pacific Order and the Grand Global Alliance, was given a cabinet seat five days upon rejoining the Order. No consultation of government, no warning, no discussion.

Since rejoining POT on March 8[sup]th[/sup], BestRuler has slowly worked his way up the chain of command by capitalizing upon KOwens06's corruption. Due to this, he has successfully become Undersecretary of the Interior, Secretary of the Interior, [i]de facto[/i] Secretary of the Treasury, and has acted more like a vice-president than a member of KOwens06's cabinet. BestRuler knew fully well what he was doing was slowly taking control of POT's affairs, and recently, wished for Foreign Affairs Secretary Ray Matveyev to be removed because of a quarrel between the both of them earlier in the week. President KOwens06, now trusting the alliance-hopper's judgement, said that he would have no problem immediately removing Matveyev from office. Additionally, BestRuler claimed that a triumvirate system, something KOwens06 was actively working towards, would include him as the third triumvir (along with me and KOwens06).

We, the government of the People's Order of Truth, recognized what was going on and feels that such actions are not just. As such, because of the above reasons, we, the Government of the Order, feel that we can no longer depend on KOwens06 to serve as our president. Due to the unconstitutionality of BestRuler's position as Secretary of the Interior, his vote is not needed for the removal of the President. Therefore, the undersigned herein vote for the removal of KOwens06 as President of the People's Order of Truth,
[i]Bluebirdmatt[/i], Vice-President
[i]Mcfortin[/i], Secretary of the Interior
[i]Trumpkin[/i], Secretary of Defense
[i]Ray Matveyev[/i], Secretary of Foreign Affairs
[i]ford1972[/i], Secretary of the Treasury

In the absence of the office of the President, I, as Vice-President take the office of President of the People's Order of Truth.
Immediately following these actions, the General Assembly has been asked to act to suspend the current charter and implement a transitional government:
[i]"As stated in Article I, the General Assembly alone shall have the jurisdiction to amend this document. Any member of the General Assembly shall have the right to propose an amendment, and such a proposal shall proceed to a vote after a 72 hour discussion period has passed. Following this discussion period, the proposal shall proceed to a vote, which shall last for 24 hours. The amendment shall be enacted immediately should, after the voting period has passed, a majority of the voters endorse the proposal."[right]- Article VI[/right][/i]

[quote][i][b]WE the nations of the People's Order of Truth[/b], consolidated in this assembly of nations in mutual solidarity to labor, to peace, and to progress. Through democratic processes, and through fair vote, we affirm ourselves to the principle that the governors govern at the will of the governed. As such, the nations of this Order wish to shed its stagnant past and move towards the future. To guide us, we, the nations of this assembly, hereby establish the[/i]
[center][b]PROVISIONAL STATE OF THE PEOPLE'S ORDER OF TRUTH[/b]

[b][u]Chapter I[/u][/center]Art. I[/b], the Provisional State of the People's Order of Truth shall constitute a government that shall govern the Order for a period no more than thirty days.
[b]Art. II[/b], every nation in the People's Order of Truth shall belong to the [i]General Assembly of the People's Order of Truth[/i], establishing the body politic of the alliance.
[b]Art. III[/b], at any time, with a supermajority vote of over two-thirds, the General Assembly may remove the government of the Provisional State and elect its own representatives. The right to recall shall not be infringed upon by the State.
[b]Art. IV[/b], on the twenty-eighth day following the declaration of this Provisional State, the General Assembly shall be called for a forty-eight hour vote on whether to renew this constitution and its government for another thirty days or to initiate a constitutional convention.[center][b][u]Chapter II[/u][/b][/center][b]Art. V[/b], the head of the Provisional State of the People's Order of Truth shall be the President, who shall be the successor to the outgoing President established in the first charter implemented on 11 January 2010.
[b]Art. VI[/b], the President shall assume absolute authority in the affairs of the People's Order of Truth, and shall chair the two directorates in the Order.
[b]Art. VII[/b], the President may, at any time, remove a director to the Provisional State's government with the consent of the General Assembly in a simple majority vote to last twenty-four hours.
[b]Art. VIII[/b], likewise, the President may, at any time, appoint a new director to the Provisional State's government, with the unanimous consent of the other directors.
[b]Art. IX[/b], in the event of vacancy in the Presidency, and no successor has been determined, the General Assembly shall elect a new President from the existing State's government.[center][b][u]Chapter III[/u][/b][/center][b]Art. X[/b], the succeeding government agencies to the cabinet offices of the previous charter, implemented 11 January 2010, shall be the two Directorates of the Provisional State.
[b]Art. XI[/b], the Directorate of Interior Affairs shall be the succeeding government organ for the former Department of the Interior and Department of the Treasury. The Interior Affairs Directorate shall inherit their responsibilities and authorities.
[b]Art. XII[/b], the Directorate of Foreign Affairs shall be the succeeding government organ for the former Department of Foreign Affairs and Department of Defense. The Foreign Affairs Directorate shall inherit their responsibilities and authorities.
[/quote]
We have already contacted the Viridian Entente, our protectors on this issue, and they have sent their recognition and support of this transition. Our treaty partners, the World Federation, have also expressed their support for this new government.

The new government for the Provisional State is as follows:
[b]President[/b]: Bluebirdmatt
[b]Director for Foreign Affairs[/b]: Ray Matveyev
[b]Director for Internal Affairs[/b]: Mcfortin

I'd like to invite everyone to our IRC channel, #pot on Coldfront and our forums, http://forums.orderoftruth.net/

[quote name='KOwens06' date='17 March 2010 - 09:36 PM' timestamp='1268862125' post='2228582']
Ok guys have fun.

If you believe this is the best decision go ahead. I wonder why you never expressed your concern but that is fine.
[/quote]

Concern was expressed and reference to the charter made. To no avail. Now lets leave this where it is and look forward to a brighter future for POT!

I have just a few quetions for the current government of POT.

1a) Will KOwens06 be permitted to remain a member of your alliance.
1b) Please cross apply the above question to Bestruler as well.

[quote name='Starbuck' date='17 March 2010 - 02:53 PM' timestamp='1268863109' post='2228595']

[/quote]
Both were offered the chance to stay.

Edited by Che Lenin

[quote name='Starbuck' date='17 March 2010 - 09:53 PM' timestamp='1268863109' post='2228595']

[/quote]

[21:29] <~KOwens06[POT]> So BR where should we ditch to?
[21:29] <~KOwens06[POT]> Were the only recruiters anyway
01[21:30] <&Bluebirdmatt[POT]> never forced you out of the alliance, only removed from office.

Sadly they left.

[quote name='Lord Curzon' date='17 March 2010 - 08:02 PM' timestamp='1268874483' post='2228753']
Oh goodness a coup! How exciting! GL I hope the streets don't quite [i]run[/i] with blood, though is it really a coup if now blood is spilled?

Yes, it is. It is just no fun.

GL and whatnot.
[/quote]

they appear to have followed there charter, how does that make this a coup?

[quote]ooc: this thread has a lack of cannabis.[/quote]
How about if we post our unofficial mascot?
[img]http://209.85.12.234/14884/160/emo/rauch04.gif[/img]

Also thanks everyone for your support, we appreciate it.

[quote]they appear to have followed there charter, how does that make this a coup?[/quote]
Yeah it wasn't a coup at all, everything was done as per the charter.

Edited by Che Lenin

Interesting. I wondered how this[letting BR in] would have ended for POT. Glad to see you followed the Order's and GGA's precedent, even if not right away.