Poison Clan Announcement

[center][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/TwistedRebelDB47/Cybernations/PC%20Flags/PC14.jpg[/img][/center]

[center][size=4]Official Poison Clan Announcement concerning Spacebattles.com Alliance (SBA)[/size][/center]

We just want to clarify a few things pertaining the raids of some Poison Clan nations on some members of SBA, starting with a time line from our point of view:

1. This was not a Government sanctioned operation, it was just a normal raid by some members. Certainly there was not some sort of conspiracy against Echelon or SBA.
2. The first move every one of our raiders is expected to do is to check the nation bio of every one of the potential targets to see a protection notice. While Government was not involved in the raid, those who were are experienced raiders and have stated that they did not see any notice in the bios of SBA nations.
3. Before the raid, the second step for PC members is to check the Wikipedia. PC members checked the SBA Wiki page and saw that SBA had disbanded/merged into Echelon. Namely by the big banner at the top saying that, as well as all notes of Echelon's Commonwealth being crossed out.
3. Members raided and sent peace per our raid guidelines.
4. A PC Government member, specifically Derwood, saw the raids and being the conscientious 2nd in command that he is, went to the Wiki page of SBA to check it out and saw the big banner saying "Merged with Echelon." Derwood then allowed the raid to continue.
5. An Echelon Government member, specifically "Acting FA" Caffine1, contacted CitizenKane and Derwood asking us why we raided their protectorate. Since we are sensitive to the fact that raids do go bad from time to time, we immediately banned the individuals involved from raiding for 30 days and asked Caffine1 to get rep numbers back to us.
6. Then Derwood remembers the merger announcement on the Wiki.
7. Sakura then digs into the edit logs of the Wiki and finds out that an Echelon Government member had just taken down the merger announcement. This fact and this fact alone put much doubt in the minds of PC Government of Echelon's intentions.

Now for some reflections:

1. We have never really had to deal with Caffine1 much in the past. We are, however, aware that he is not supposed to be Gov in Echelon per terms from Karma War; we now understand why. Poison Clan will no longer take queries, talk to or in other way interact with Caffine1.
2. Our raiding nations could have done a little better job with their research which we have discussed at great detail in-house. We are also working on some new measures to cut down on the likelihood of these incidences occurring.
3. We feel there is some responsibility of an alliance to keep their wiki somewhat up-to-date. If that had been done by SBA this raid would not have happened.
4. After extensive discussion with many people on Bob we have come to the conclusion that SBA did not disband though their were many signs that pointed strongly to this at the time of the raid and directly afterwards.

The Resolution:

1. We will be contacting SBA directly to work out Reparations to help them rebuild. We are not heartless. Ask a number of alliances who [i]really[/i] know us. We feel SBA was put in the middle of this and have not been properly protected.
2. We will work with SBA on the amount of reparations they will receive.
3. We have been working with Echelon, whether directly or indirectly through our allies or other friendly parties, on a daily basis since this occurred but we will not be working through Echelon for the reps any longer, as the trust factor from the beginning was lost. The fact that it took several days for us to speak to real Echelon leadership is absolutely ridiculous.
4. As is customary with our raids, we offer protection to SBA if they would like it. Echelon have proven themselves to be completely incapable of protecting an alliance.

Signed:
TwistedRebelDB47 - Master Killer
Derwood1 - The Dealthstalker Scorpion
Pooksland - The Centipede
Mishi - Gila Monster
Jensofthedesert - The Shark
CitizenKane - The Computer
Banslam - The Platypus
Sakura - The Vespa Mandarinia
jgator- The Stonefish

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[OOC]If you want a response from Poison Clan Government, the best way to contact us is via IRC in #poisonclan[/OOC]. A few of our members will get involved here, but for the most part we will not get caught up in the rampant stupidity that these [OOC]forums[/OOC] are infected by. No one besides Poison Clan, Echelon and a select few parties know what is going on behind the scenes, so enjoy your speculation, cat calls, and ignorant statements - I love it.

EDIT: Tags.

Edited by TwistedRebelDB47

[quote name='Derwood1' date='11 March 2010 - 10:22 PM' timestamp='1268364483' post='2222858']
1. We will be contacting SBA directly to work out Reparations to help them rebuild. We are not heartless. Ask a number of alliances who [i]really[/i] know us. We feel SBA was put in the middle of this and have not been properly protected.
2. We will work with SBA on the amount of reparations they will receive.
[/quote]
Yes, this seems reasonable.

Try and be a bit quicker than Athens at getting reps arranged.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='11 March 2010 - 10:36 PM' timestamp='1268365298' post='2222879']
Yes, this seems reasonable.

Try and be a bit quicker than Athens at getting reps arranged.
[/quote]

Otherwise they might take three years to pay it off, right?

[quote name='Derwood1' date='11 March 2010 - 07:22 PM' timestamp='1268364483' post='2222858']
1. We will be contacting SBA directly to work out Reparations to help them rebuild. [/quote]
Good to hear.

[quote name='Derwood1' date='11 March 2010 - 07:22 PM' timestamp='1268364483' post='2222858']3. ...The fact that it took several days for us to speak to real Echelon leadership is absolutely ridiculous.[/quote]
It's unfortunate you didn't accept on face value my authority to negotiate on Echelon's behalf. As Prime Minister, it's perfectly within "my office." I was involved in the recent settlement with MHA in the las war. Just ask Pudge.

[quote name='TwistedRebelDB47' date='11 March 2010 - 10:26 PM' timestamp='1268364683' post='2222862']
[OOC]If you want a response from Poison Clan Government, the best way to contact us is via IRC in #poisonclan[/OOC]. A few of our members will get involved here, but for the most part we will not get caught up in the rampant stupidity that these [OOC]forums[/OOC] are infected by. No one besides Poison Clan, Echelon and a select few parties know what is going on behind the scenes, so enjoy your speculation, cat calls, and ignorant statements - I love it.

EDIT: Tags.
[/quote]

Oh come on T - nothing can possibly be going on 'behind the scenes' when every channel we are in gets cluttered with irc amsgs of log dumps...:lol1:

In regards to the Karma War terms about Caffine in gov, there was an announcement a few weeks back from Echelon saying that it infringed upon their sovereignty and were no longer going to follow it, follow by a gigantic "Who cares, do whatever you want" by the alliances who imposed it. But anyways, this seems to be a fair and reasonable resolution, I'm glad to see PC was able to take care of this rationally.

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' date='11 March 2010 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1268365859' post='2222899']
In regards to the Karma War terms about Caffine in gov, there was an announcement a few weeks back from Echelon saying that it infringed upon their sovereignty and were no longer going to follow it, follow by a gigantic "Who cares, do whatever you want" by the alliances who imposed it. But anyways, this seems to be a fair and reasonable resolution, I'm glad to see PC was able to take care of this rationally.
[/quote]

Yeah Lord Fingolfin, I am not suggesting that we are trying to impose those terms, just that now we understand [i]why[/i] they were imposed after having to deal with him this week. :P

[quote name='Caffine1' date='11 March 2010 - 10:49 PM' timestamp='1268366083' post='2222910']
Well, the important thing here is that SBA is getting what they deserve. Because of that we can overlook the fact that you're still trying to accuse us of editing the wiki secretly.
[/quote]

I'm sure Poison Clan is relieved to hear that.

[quote name='Desperado' date='11 March 2010 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1268365828' post='2222896']
Oh come on T - nothing can possibly be going on 'behind the scenes' when every channel we are in gets cluttered with irc amsgs of log dumps...:lol1:
[/quote]

There's a reason we stopped talking to Caffine and other participants of that channel from Echelon after day one. ;)