Decree of the Sith

[center][img]http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/4885/nsowavy1.png[/img]
[img]http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/46/nsoannouncementbanner.png[/img][/center]

When we declared our existence a year ago, many people doubted we would last. Predictions were made on how long we would persist. Well, you were wrong. We are still here.

We began by promising the forging of a new path. Sovereignty is king and the Sith would not and have not held ourselves to standards and rules set by status quos before us. We hold this principle dear, and it has guided us through highs and lows, but mostly highs, throughout the last year.

We have hit many milestones, some several times, others more quickly than any alliance before us. Individuals both old and new have flocked beneath our flag and shaped the Order into what it has become. Even now, newer individuals are joining the ranks and pushing our flag even further. Ever higher. I continue to contend we have the best members in the cyberverse: Men and Women willing to sacrifice everything for our combined glory. Individuals who step up when they are most needed.

We have developed a system of government which propels excellence forward, allowing members to learn from and then exceed those above them. It rewards those who take initiative and have skills of leadership, confidence, courage, and intelligence. The attitude is one of developing future leaders to one day replace their superiors. For this reason, there is no lack of depth among the Sith. We all constantly work towards developing our Order. Not as a single cog in a wheel, but as one machine.

We fought in Karma, the first test to our resolve and our military command. We performed better than expected, but quickly set our minds on improvement. Our quest is one for greatness, and we will always be striving to improve; to create strength, where weakness once existed.

We have labored for and produced stability in a sphere which has been inherently unstable. To these ends we have taken on multiple protectorates to help team growth. While many alliances ultimately fail, new members are forever welcomed to a great, stable and productive environment. Terra Cotta continues to be a beacon for the development of Brown and we continue to talk and work diplomatically with those alliances who are not yet members. We are invested in the future of our home, and we will work as diligently as possible to ensure its success.

More recently, we have proven our courage and determination on the battlefield of what has become known as the Second Unjust War. Facing overwhelming odds we continued to throw our nations at our opponents, never faltering. Sith morale has never been higher. We have shown our steadfast belief in aiding and providing assistance to our allies, whether or not there's ink on paper. The Moldavi Doctrine prevails, and will continue to be a cornerstone of our operations. While our numbers may be small, our voice is loud.

Throughout the short time (relatively) of our existence, we have pushed boundaries and created an identity and niche that is unmatched. We have created enemies, but also many friends. We have proven ourselves, both on the battlefield and off. With one year behind us, we are now looking to many more in front. We are strong, and we have survived.

LintWad, Lord of Back Pocket and Emperor of the New Sith Order

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been one heck of a year for us at the NSO, but we're going strong. My sincerest apologies to SCM, but from our end it looks like we'll be around for a long time to come. Ave Sith!

Great sig, or GREATEST SIG EVER? My time in NSO has been the most entertaining time I've had since joining this realm four years ago. Here's to many more anniversaries, if I don't get us killed first! Hail the Sith!

I'm pleased to see our Sith friends going from strength to strength and am proud the STA's protection and steadfast support of the NSO has paid dividends for you. Here is to many more years to come!

[quote name='Corinan' date='05 March 2010 - 05:33 PM' timestamp='1267832268' post='2215310']
My time in NSO has been the most entertaining time I've had since joining this realm four years ago. Here's to many more anniversaries, if I don't get us killed first! Hail the Sith!
[/quote]
I wouldn't worry Dopp, even with the two of us on the staff we'll pull through. There are very few other alliances out there that could do even a small part of the things we do here and scratch by, much less be successful for it. I suspect that this is because though other people may say our ways are strange and may call our uniqueness errancy, the truth is different. It is not that we have failed to hit their targets for what an alliance should be: it is that we see different, loftier targets which they need strain their eyes to even catch a glimpse of. We have not and will not give that up, and thus we shall thrive for it. So long as we realize that the lesser dreams of lesser alliances are not for us, then we shall not falter.

[quote name='Tygaland' date='05 March 2010 - 05:34 PM' timestamp='1267832342' post='2215313']
I'm pleased to see our Sith friends going from strength to strength and am proud the STA's protection and steadfast support of the NSO has paid dividends for you. Here is to many more years to come!
[/quote]
Hah, and the quality of our friends has helped too.

Congrats on the year! As a card carrying member of the peanut gallery its been a pleasure having the NSO, present, vibrant and active. Thanks for making things a touch better, even if sometimes we line up on different sides of the field.

Cheers !