Pacific News Network presents: International Issue 3

[center][IMG]http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr139/Atlis14/NPO/pnn-1.png[/IMG]
[b][size="3"]PNN International Episode III[/size][/b]
[i][size="3"]"She took our money, the car, the house, but she didn't take our pens."[/size][/i]

[u][b]Table of Contents[/b][/u]
Coordinator's Address
New Pacific Order Anniversary
Squintle Soup
Feasts of Strength
Interview With Doppelganger
NPO Praetorian Guards Month
Hive of Bees
Thunderdome Reopens [/center]

[size="4"][b]Coordinators Address[/b][/size]

Greetings Planet Bob!

Pacfica is proud to present planet Bob with the 3rd Edition of the PNN International. While it is nice to see war raging around us and alliances are able find release from the previous blue balls war, you won't find commentary about the war here (at least in this edition ;) ).

This edition is mainly focused on some of the current and past Pacifican activities and celebrations. We share this with planet Bob for a couple of reasons. First and foremost is to provide planet Bob with a peek into Pacifican Culture to illustrate although we are and will always be the "Ebil NPO", we do have an awesome community which participates in other activities and is not solely dedicated to world domination.

Secondly, as many on planet Bob concentrate on destroying and protecting pixels these articles can be light and refreshing break from the fog of war.

Those of you who are looking for some deep and philosophical debate in which to engage and/or flame, well you may be disappointed. However after being forewarned, I am sure there will still be some who read and will criticize us for lack content for which you can debate and will flame anyways, but no worries some find this entertaining as well.

In closing I hope people take the opportunity to enjoy some light reading and learn something about the Pacifican Community and our proud history.

Lord Valleo
Coordinator, Imperial Office of Media Affairs
New Pacific Order

[i]*Note: Lord Valleo is our new Coordinator, replacing Brennan who has been promoted to the office of Director*[/i]

[b][size="4"]New Pacific Order Anniversary[/size][/b]

[img]http://gnews.com/world/Images/41013840184/China_Celebrates_60_Years_of_Communist_Power_xlarge.jpg[/img]

Two anniversary events are commemorated yearly in the New Pacific Order: the August Revolution and the alliance’s anniversary of foundation – both of equally importance.

While the August Revolution celebration, which takes place on August 28th every year, revisits the historic day when the founder Franco Spain led the people of Pacifica to victory in the gaming universe of !@#$%* in 2003, the NPO Anniversary is of much more recent event. It marks the arrival of the first Pacifican pathfinders from !@#$%* who reached the unfamiliar shores of Planet Bob on 26th January 2006. From that small outpost among the hostile surrounding, these pilgrims sent words back to !@#$%*, urging their fellow Pacificans to join them in Cyberverse, and the alliance quickly grew into one of the greatest of CN history.

On January 26th this year, Pacificans observed once again the memory of bravery and solitary brotherhood shared by the NPO in their very first day in Cyberverse. The New Pacific Order has now reached its 4th year on Planet Bob, and we all at NPO look forward to many more years to come alongside our friends and foes alike.

Written by Thomas Richmond
The Pacific Press - A jackboot on the pulse of world events.
Proudly Part of PNN

[b][size="4"]Squintle Soup[/size][/b]

With the normal diet of the Pacifican Forces in short supply (babies) we have had to branch out in our culinary exploration. Then we found a delicious source of nourishment a Squintle and Moo-Cows soup! The new delicacy of the Order!

[img]http://shanghaishakedown.typepad.com/shanghaishakedown/images/p1290107.jpg[/img]

[list]

[*]10 ounces (2-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
[*]3/4 cup all-purpose flour
[*]1 pound Squirtle meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
[*]1 cup minced celery (4 stalks)
[*]2 medium onions, minced (2 medium)
[*]1-1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced
[*]3 bay leaves
[*]1 teaspoon oregano
[*]1/2 teaspoon thyme
[*]1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
[*]1-1/2 cups tomato purée
[*]1 quart Moo stock
[*]NOTE: If Squintle bones are available, add them to the Moo-Cows bones when making the stock for this dish
[*]Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, as needed
[*]1/2 cup lemon juice
[*]5 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
[*]1 tablespoon minced parsley
[*]6 teaspoons dry sherry

[/list]
Melt 8 ounces (2 sticks) butter in a heavy saucepan. Add the flour and cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat until the roux is light brown. Set aside.

In a 5-quart saucepan, melt the remaining butter and add Squirtle meat. Cook over high heat until the meat is brown. Add celery, onions, garlic and seasonings, and cook until the vegetables are transparent.

Add tomato purée, lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the stock and simmer for 30 minutes. Add the roux and cook over low heat, stirring, until the soup is smooth and thickened. Correct seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Add lemon juice, eggs and parsley.

Remove from heat and serve. At the table, add 1 teaspoon sherry to each soup plate.

Written by Brennan
Proudly Part of PNN

[b][size="4"]Feast of Strength[/size][/b]

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/09/Tank_factory.jpg[/img]

Apart from the two major celebrations mentioned earlier in this PNN International, On February 9, Pacifica celebrated a great anniversary in its history. This date of the NPO’s first military victory on Planet Bob against the forces of the NAAC in what is now known as the Oxygen War. This anniversary (known as the Day of Triumph) is a day to celebrate the beginning of the force that quickly became known as the Pacifican Army.

This is also the beginning of the Feast of Prosperity, a series of celebrations lasting four days, ending with the Day of Industry on February 13th. This final day celebrates the founding of the Pacifican Bank, the premier financial organization on the planet. The Bank was forged in the fires of the Oxygen War, developing from a small cadre of aid-sending nations during wartime. These two facets of the NPO– the Bank and the Army – have become cornerstones of Pacifica and continue to serve as the cornerstones of the entire alliance.

Written by Tigerking
Proudly Part of PNN

[b][size="4"]Interview With Doppelganger[/size][/b]

[img]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Uf4LVuwtkUI/0.jpg[/img]

The Pacific News Network always strives to display the friendly face of the new, Neutral Pacific Order and our policy of international love. In order to do that, and to promote our relationships with other alliances, the NPO always seeks to approach the most evil persons in the universe, and make ourselves look better in comparison.

Naturally, there are none who are more attuned to the dark side than our good friends over at the New Sith Order, who just recently gained peace after a harsh conflict. However, the Sith philosophy thrives in conflict, and any foray into their lands would not be something done lightly.

So that is why the editors of the PNN approached me, a humble economist and veteran of the order, to walk amongst the Sith bunkers. As one of the few people who possess enough of an aura of lust to resist the mental influence of the dark side of the force, it would be possible for me to move freely.

The task was to approach the second in command of the Sith Order and old Francoist veteran, Doppelganger (Corinan in these forums). However, Sith skill at eliminating or converting all “tourists” had left little information to seep into Francograd, leaving some of those outside the FA department unaware that Lintwad had successfully challenged Doppel to his position as dark lord, replacing him. This information was promptly met with “who is Lintwad?”, and an unofficial mission was added to my brochure – to get pictures of Lintwad in the shower.

Ironically, by the time I had evaded all the brotherhood of darkness border guards, Lintwad had just ascended to the seat of Emperor, leaving Doppelganger to reclaim his previous position as Dark Lord. As I approached the seat of power, I could see the Sith busy building back up, with many familiar faces amongst the nuclear landscape. After stopping for a short time to chat with Dilber the pantless thunderbolt and watch him rapidly regain his infrastructure, I finally came upon Doppleganger, and after an offering of fresh Pacifican baby blood for old time's sake, we moved to an isolated and private room to “talk”.

[quote]
[b][u]Letum:[/u][/b] So, what's your official position right now?

[b][u]Doppelganger:[/u][/b] I'm the Dark Lord of the Sith, basically the NSO Regent and all around Sex God - The guy all the other dudes wanna be and the guy all the ladies wanna bang.

[b][u]Letum:[/u][/b] You just took that back then?

[b][u]Doppelganger:[/u][/b] Yes, just today in fact

[b][u]Letum:[/u][/b] Congrats

[b][u]Doppelganger:[/u][/b] Thanks - Couldn't have done it without you.

[b][u]Letum:[/u][/b] Lintwad challenged you for it a while back, right?

[b][u]Doppelganger:[/u][/b] Yes, maybe two months ago or so. I conceded the challenge due to rl time constraints. I kinda needed some time to relax anyhow.

[b][u]Letum:[/u][/b] Would you say that the challenge system works rather smoothly then?

[b][u]Doppelganger:[/u][/b] Yeah. In fact, I'd say it's probably the best government type I've ever been involved in. Im not just saying that because i have to, either. Keeps people honest. If you get lazy, or you suck, someone is gonna challenge you.But the challenges don't happen too often. If you're good, people let you work.

Like for example when LintWad challenged me. I had honestly gotten lazy, so he challenged. Keeps people from getting entrenched in their position while not contributing to the alliance.

[b][u]Letum:[/u][/b] Sounds like the values of the Sith would be something to export to the entire world

[b][u]Doppelganger:[/u][/b] Indeed. Once we take over the Cyberverse, there will be......peace.

[b][u]Letum:[/u][/b] Peace is a lie

[b][u]Doppelganger:[/u][/b] You've done your homework.

[b][u]Letum:[/u][/b] Well, lots of people didn't know Lint before yesterday, do you think this meritocratic system was a large factor in his quick rise?

[b][u]Doppelganger:[/u][/b] Definitely. He's risen quickly, and with good reason. He's one of the best.

[b][u]Letum:[/u][/b] Will NSO's vision be evolving somehow without Ivan's bold strategy at the helm?

[b][u]Doppelganger:[/u][/b] The NSO prides itself on bold innovation. That will not change with Emperor LintWad on the throne.

[b][u]Letum:[/u][/b] So you'll be focusing on reconstruction now?

[b][u]Doppelganger:[/u][/b] Yes. That probably goes without saying at this point. Our one year anniversary is March 5th. We're looking forward to that as well.

[b][u]Letum:[/u][/b] Are you mad at us for sending tech to GOD?

[b][u]Doppelganger:[/u][/b] No. Not at all. Why would we be? They wouldn't let you stop.

[b][u]Letum:[/u][/b] It's good to know the Sith are understanding

[b][u]Doppelganger:[/u][/b] GOD is pretty much nothing but my idols.

[b][u]Letum:[/u][/b] At least we finished with their share, so we don't have to deal with them anymore

[b][u]Doppelganger:[/u][/b] Thats good for you guys

[b][u]Letum:[/u][/b] How do you feel your international relationships have been affected by the war?

[b][u]Doppelganger:[/u][/b] Well, I would say we've likely gained the respect of many who may not have liked us prior to this war.

[b][u]Letum:[/u][/b] Would you say, overall, that your influence has increased or decreased?

[b][u]Doppelganger:[/u][/b] That's honestly hard to gauge right now, I think. It will certainly increase in the future, however. That much is certain.

[b][u]Letum:[/u][/b] It always is when you have a good team

[u][b]Doppelganger:[/b][/u] I think we have some of the best members in the game. Perhaps I'm a bit biased.

[u][b]Letum:[/b][/u] How do you guys feel about us?

[u][b]Doppelganger:[/b][/u] We despise each and every Pacifican. Esp you - and Vladimir.

No, I'd say NSO is pretty heavily pro NPO.

[b][u]Letum:[/u][/b] Oh, and I was just about to offer my body as reconciliation. - That offer would still stand though.

[b][u]Doppelganger:[/u][/b] Many of us have roots in Francograd, as I'm sure you know.

[b][u]Letum:[/u][/b] Yeah. You're amongst the few people we trust, which isn't a very big list after everything that's happened in the past year.

[b][u]Doppelganger:[/u][/b] I can say we Sith can understand that sentiment especially after this war.....

[b][u]Letum:[/u][/b] Hate is passion, and passion is strength

[b][u]Doppelganger:[/u][/b] I like to think that each Pacifican has a little bit of Sith in them. Let the female Pacificans know that if they want a little bit[color="#FF0000"]*[/color] of Sith in them, Doppelganger makes house calls.

[b][u]Letum:[/u][/b] So, we can be hopeful of a bright future for the order?

[b][u]Doppelganger:[/u][/b] Our future is a bright one. One that will be lit by the charred remains of our enemies.
[/quote]

[i][color="#FF0000"]*Doppelganger subsequently made a request to remove the “little bit” part from that invitation, but the PNN felt that honesty would be the best policy with regards to advertising, and decided to retain it.[/color][/i]

After spending some time chatting over various other things, from his fellow Sith to disturbing matters better left unsaid, it was once again time for me to leave. After a short stop by the shower in order to, um, remove the radioactive dust from my body, it was time to return to the walls of Francograd.

On the way back, I had some time to reflect on the various similarities I had seen on my trip. More than just the Sith talent that once used to reside in Pacifican halls, the two alliances had done through a similar level of devastation. And while the Sith finally managed to gain the freedom to recover, the Pacific still bears the economic burder on reparations tying up all our aid capacity. Yet, nevertheless both alliances are defined by passion, and with our hearts steeled from hardship, we draw strength from that. And it is that strength which will inevitably lead to all the chains that try to bind the Orders being broken.

Written by Letum
Proudly Part of PNN

[b][size="4"]This Month in NPO is Owned By The Praetorian Guards[/size][/b]

[img]http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/staticfiles/NGC/StaticFiles/Images/Show/44xx/440x/4401-who-really-killed-jesus-02_04700300.JPG[/img]

Pacificans value their friends, and they also value every devoted soul behind the success of the alliance. It is no surprise that an alliance a massive size of the New Pacific Order requires equally massive structure of diverse departments to administer its various needs. Therefore, some months in Pacifica are dedicated solely to certain departments, with the forum skin renovated and special activities conducted in honor of the agencies. Such fashion is how Pacificans are encouraged by their fellow comrades to serve their best to the collective glory of the New Pacific Order.

And, as the title suggests, this month in NPO is owned by the Praetorian Guards.

Many of the departments in NPO are rather self-explaining. The Military Command guards the security of Pacifica, the Media Corps feeds the alliance with artistic works, the Pacific Bank manages the financial affairs, and so on. The Praetorian Guards seem quite unique. NPO Praetorian Guards are entrusted with a distinguished duty: to safeguard the New Pacific Order from denigration and to uphold the majesty of the Order itself.

Praetorian Guards hunt down those who falsely fly the flags of the New Pacific Order. These are named Pirates, and they are usually the ones who cause trouble in Cybernations with utmost annoyance. That is why NPO deal with these Pirates harshly and swiftly: we will not suffer uncivil tech-raiders or rogues to hide under our sacred flag. Many of these brigands conduct mischief to many nations in Planet Bob and leave them bitter at the New Pacific Order. Such misunderstanding is crucial to stability of the Order, and Praetorian Guards are there to make sure that no Pirates can sail unpunished.

Apart from serving as protectors of the New Pacific Order from external threats, the Praetorian Guards also function as exemplary members of Pacifica, a proud, small elite force whose loyalty to the Emperor is unquestionable. Discipline, camaraderie, and honor are also watchwords upheld by the Praetorian Guards, and they reserve no tolerance toward those who fail to express just a tiny amount of those values. Pacificans, hence, are taught to follow the Guards’ lead in their daily life, and in the manner by which they treat the others within the Order.

Consequently, it can be said that Praetorian Guards root out unworthy spirits under the Pacifican banner, both foreign and domestic. Their task – in the words of our Great Comrade Franco Spain – is to preserve “hygiene” of the alliance.

NPO Praetorian Guards are relatively small compared to other departments within Pacifica. This is no surprise, as ones cannot simply walk in and sign up for it. You have to show your worth and capability to excel in the Guards before you can be invited to join personally. They are a close-knitted elite taskforce, the very pride of the New Pacific Order.

Proudly Part of PNN

[b][size="4"]DoW BeeWitches the CyberVerse?[/size][/b]

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_y8qhm316y84/Re6XebDt7GI/AAAAAAAAAS0/vSIhpEdLRvs/s400/bee-cat.jpg[/img]

The alliance of Angry Bees, known fans of the singer Sting, has declared war upon TOP for committing un-bee-lievable atrocities. According to their Causus Belli, TOP committed war crimes by attacking MK, allied to NpO, known co-signer of the Ordinance of Order, the dissolution of which is dis-bee-lieved by Angry Bees.

“We do not bee-lieve that Moo-Cows had the authority to dissolve the OtO, and that means it is technically still in practice, and we are sticking to this argument like honey!”

This twisted logic has more holes in it than a Honeycomb, but no more than any other DoW out there. In the end, no matter what the outcome of this strange DoW, someone is going to get stung.

Written by Krulltopia and Elegarth
Proudly Part of PNN

[size="4"][b]Those Who Are About To Kill[/b][/size]

[img]http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2008/11/07/Virtual_Gladiators_No_Reuse_wideweb__470x295,0.jpg[/img]

The New Pacific Order does not restrict the fun in gaming only in the war-battered Cyberverse. Paying reparation and cryo-living in Surrender Term can be extremely boring for adventurous population of Pacifica, so an alternative way of gaming is always welcomed at the Order. The Revolutionary Council of the New Pacific Order is tasked by the Emperor to provide such experience. Answering to the Pacificans roaring for blood and fire and steel outside the Council in Francograd, the Councilors have pleased the warmongering Pacificans by announcing the re-opening of the Thunderdome.

Councilor DRCOOL, dressed in brown-striped toga to celebrate the Praetorian Guard month, presided over the grand re-opening last week among the massive crowds gathering at the Thunderdome. Xbox 360 Gladiators graced the premiere match, slashing one another in Modern Warfare 2 battles. The mob’s bellows heaved and fell as each bullet struck home, booming in the Dome like thunders after thunders. Cortath dictated the fates of the fallen by the flicker of his chuckling.

The Thunderdome will offer series of bloody tournament for many days to come, boasting the clashes of Nintendo, PC, and PlayStation Gladiators from all corners of the known world. Registration is done in matters of a couple of clicks, with each Gladiator listing his or her Gamertag in the assigned thread. These brave fellows are additionally awarded with their Gamertags in their forum accounts.

CN Tournament is pole dancing with a baffled rabbit compared to this colossal dueling. To those who are about to kill and die, PNN International salutes you!

Proudly Part of PNN

[center]* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *[/center]

[center][size="3"][b]PNN International Episode 3 [/b]Ends Here
The Next Issue of [b]PNN International[/b] Coming Soon - Stay Tuned![/size] [/center]

Edited by Thomas Richmond

[quote]Doppelganger: GOD is pretty much nothing but my idols.[/quote]

That's not exactly what I said, lol. The original sentence did not end with "my idols."

[quote]Doppelganger: I like to think that each Pacifican has a little bit of Sith in them. Let the female Pacificans know that if they want a little bit* of Sith in them, Doppelganger makes house calls.[/quote]

I've been misrepresented!

[quote name='Corinan' date='01 March 2010 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1267463064' post='2209992']
I've been misrepresented!
[/quote]

Fits somehow in my perception of people... guess this could be a major cause for pacifican underage preganancies, if allowed. If pacifica is really willing to take every possibility for growth.

Well done and intriguing. Coming from a smaller alliance, it always fascinates me how one of the largest is able to maintain all the various divisions and manage to find quality people to both lead them and participate in them in order to hold it all together. PNN shows that NPO, despite their faults (all alliances have faults), is quite impressive. It's always the people that make an alliance but without those at the helm that have the time and vision to direct and lead, talent is wasted. Obviously, that's not the case in the NPO and I salute you guys.

[quote name='Jrenster' date='01 March 2010 - 12:11 PM' timestamp='1267463726' post='2209999']
LintWad's just a grumpy old man. That's how he got Sith Emperor. They're usually just grumpy old people.
[/quote]

Lay off the "grumpy old man" for I resemble that comment. Asides from that it was a good read and killed a few moments of dead time.

[quote name='Thomas Richmond' date='01 March 2010 - 11:21 AM' timestamp='1267460693' post='2209965']
[img]http://gnews.com/world/Images/41013840184/China_Celebrates_60_Years_of_Communist_Power_xlarge.jpg[/img]
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/09/Tank_factory.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
These are outlawed under your surrender terms.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='01 March 2010 - 10:28 PM' timestamp='1267500706' post='2210717']
These are outlawed under your surrender terms.
[/quote]

Shh...

Save that air-tight CB for another half year or so. That's what the cool kids do these days. *chuckles*

I usually just glance at these things as they are usually nothing more than a wall of text but, I liked this. :) I'm try that recipe out and if it doesn't work... I'ma be very upset. :P

[quote name='Cortath' date='02 March 2010 - 05:10 AM' timestamp='1267506831' post='2210871']
Shh...

Save that air-tight CB for another half year or so. That's what the cool kids do these days. *chuckles*
[/quote]
Yeah, that was funny a few months ago.

No really?

GATO?

*chuckles*

[quote name='Starfox101' date='02 March 2010 - 02:57 AM' timestamp='1267516873' post='2211082']
Yeah, that was funny a few months ago.

No really?

GATO?

*chuckles*
[/quote]

You speak? Really? *chuckles*

PMJ: The Media Corps has two publications: the Tabloid Tribune and the Pacific Press. Sir Paul writes for the former; this is the latter.

Edited by Cortath

[quote name='Prime minister Johns' date='02 March 2010 - 05:28 AM' timestamp='1267525922' post='2211171']
Where is Sir Paul?

Is he off sick?
[/quote]
We leave Sir Paul to write his Tabloids and this is done by the everyday Pacificans. Some of the best people I have ever had a chance to work with. The staff gets better and better with time these days.

Thank you to everyone who got this out even when I was decommissioned :P I knew you could do it!