GUN: Reloaded

zenergy

[size="5"][b]Part I: It's Forum Time!
[/b][/size]
The Global United Nations would like to invite all of you to come to our Open House for our shiny new forums and URL. You can find this masterpiece of skinginnering at our new address:

[size="4"][b]www.globalunitednations.com[/b]
[/size]
(ignore the old .net address - it sucks so we fired it)

If you previously had an embassy with us, come on by and start a new one. We'll be serving punch, pie, and that famous GUN Beer.

[size="5"][b]Part II: GUN Gets A New Gov
[/b][/size]
Sometimes things work out great, and sometimes they need a little fixin'. Our old Constitution served us well for many years, but there comes a time when you have to look at yourself and say "hmmm... do all these extra ministers make me look fat?" In our case, the answer was yes, so we shed a few extra positions and went with a streamlined look that, if I may say so, is really slimming.

Here's our new charter:

[quote]Preamble
We, the members of the Global United Nations (GUN), in recognition of the needs of our Alliance, do hereby establish our means of governance. Through our unity, loyalty and honor, we commit to serve each other and GUN to the best of each of our abilities. Not one of us is alone. Not one of us is more important than any other. We are of single purpose - to promote the prosperity of all of GUN.

Article I - Elected Government
The Primary Government shall consist of three elected Triumvirs. Each Triumvir shall have a separate realm of responsibility for which they have full authority and accountability. The Triumvirs shall be:

a) Internal Triumvir
The Internal Triumvir is responsible for managing all domestic affairs of GUN. These areas include financial infrastructure, recruiting, education, awards programs, growth programs and identification of nations ghosting the Alliance.

b) External Triumvir
The External Triumvir is responsible for managing all inter-Alliance affairs of GUN. These areas include ambassadors to other Alliances, GUN hosted embassies, treaty negotiations, diplomatic communications, and announcements on Cybernations Forums.

c) Executive Triumvir
The Executive Triumvir is responsible for managing all security aspects of GUN. These areas include military organization, command, and training.

Article II - Appointed Government
Triumvirs each have the authority to delegate responsibility and authority for their area of responsibility as they see fit. They may appoint and dismiss Deputies as they deem necessary by posting such delegation in an area of the forum accessible to all members.

Article III - Policy
Triumvirs may define policies as they deem necessary for the execution of their responsibilities. Such policies must be posted in an area of the forum accessible to all members. Such policies are binding upon the membership and are only to be levied when a need arises.

Article IV - Elections
Elections shall be held at the beginning of February, May, August, and November.

Elections shall be comprised of a self nomination period, a period of questions and answers, and a vote by the membership to fill each position. Each period shall last a minimum of 48 hours with the closing time and date announced when the polls open.

Candidates for Triumvir should have a minimum of 2 months cumulative service within GUN and three (3) months of experience with Cyber Nations. This may be waived should there be not enough qualifying candidates declaring their candidacy.

Article V - Triumvir Removal
Should any two of the three Triumvir believe that the third is failing in their responsibilities, they can move for an emergency election for that Triumvir position. During emergency elections, the said Triumvir is suspended from their responsibilities and holds no authority greater than any other non-government member of GUN. Emergency elections take place immediately and the suspended Triumvir is automatically a candidate in the election.

Should the membership of GUN believe their government to be failing in their responsibilities, they can move for a vote of no confidence. Any member may initiate a poll for the vote. During the voting, the Triumvirs continue to serve in their full capacities. The vote shall last 48 hours. Should the final votes result in two-thirds of the voting membership voting for no confidence, while meeting a quorum of one-quarter, then the Triumvirs are suspended and emergency elections are held for all three Triumvir offices.

Article VI - Specific Triumvir Responsibilities
Declarations of War and issuance/acceptance of alliance-wide surrender may only be confirmed by a unanimous vote of the Triumvirs.

The Triumvirs must ratify all non-military treaties by a vote of two-thirds and all military treaties by unanimous vote.

Any Triumvir may accept a new member into GUN.

Any Triumvir may suspend a member of GUN, with dismissal of that member requiring another Triumvir to consent. Suspension includes removal of access to the GUN forums.

The use of nuclear weapons for first-strike requires a unanimous vote of the Triumvirs. Retaliatory use of nuclear weapons requires a two-thirds vote of the Triumvirs.

Ammendment I - Inaliable Rights of the Membership

a) The membership has the right to know all government appointments and/or delegation of responsibilities via public post in the main GUN forum.

b) The membership has the right of free speech on the forums, in Cybernations and in IRC up to, but not including, disrespectful behavior or organized sedition.

c) The membership has the right to leave GUN, at any time, without threat of government imposed reprisal.

d) The membership has the right to run their nation as they see fit, excepting only where terms of surrender must be abided and in times of war or imminent threat of war. During surrender terms, nations may be required to modify their nations to suit the terms. During war or threat of war, members may be required modify their nations to increase the defensive capabilities of GUN, as directed by the Executive Triumvir.

e) The membership has the right to be free from unprovoked attack. Any nation subject to an unprovoked attack shall be defended (economically, politically and/or militarily).

f) The membership has the right to financial support when attacked. Any nation sustaining damage from unprovoked attacks or during sanctioned attacks (in response to an unprovoked attack, for example) has the right to request and receive aid commensurate with losses sustained in battle, to the best ability of GUN's economic resources.

g) The membership has the right to appeal disciplinary actions imposed upon them by GUN government. [/quote]

[size="5"][b]Part III: .50 Caliber Fun
[/b][/size]
NATO and GUN are tight. About as tight as two alliances can get without being all creepy and stuff. You don't get yourself in a situation where you get declared on by 7 alliances defending somebody unless you're pretty good buds.

In the spirit of that friendship, we decided that a mere MDP just doesn't cut it, and would look a lot better with a spiffy little oA clause stuck in the middle. We'd planned on announcing this last month, but we had a little global war to deal with, so it got pushed back. Without any further ado, let me present to you:

[quote]

[center][img]http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l271/falconsfan_1/stripebase35.png[/img] [img]http://cnnato.org/images/natosflag.png[/img]
[/center]
[size="3"][b]The Half-Cocked Accords mark II - A .50 Caliber Upgrade
[/b][/size]
Preamble:
All parties involved in this treaty are to remain sovereign and separate, and shall not be governed by the other party. This treaty acts to bind the North Atlantic Treaty Organization and the Global United Nations in a state of mutual military and fiscal aid.

ARTICLE I: Non-Aggression and Espionage

Both signatories agree not to attack, or commit any actions of espionage on the other party. Such actions are regarded as a breach of this treaty. If either alliance bound to this pact conducts espionage on a non-signing alliance and comes under attack as a result, the mandatory defense is then considered optional defense.

ARTICLE II: Intelligence
Both signatories agree to share all relevant information of worth. It is agreed that this information shall not be falsified, or changed in any way, to mislead the other party. Such falsifications shall be regarded as a breach of the treaty.

Article III: Mutual Defense
Any declaration of war upon a member of either signatory is considered an act of aggression to the undersigned signatories. Peace will only be offered through mutual consent of the alliances represented by the undersigned. Diplomatic channels will remain open to ensure that all signatories are aware of any potential threats developing to either alliances' safety. In the event either signatory declares war via activation of a clause from another treaty, and therefore requests the other signatory's assistance after coming under attack, the mandatory defense is then considered optional defense.

Article IV: Optional Aggression
Neither alliance is obliged to partake in assistance in offensive wars, all military or monetary support is strictly to be decided by each sovereign alliance, yet both are encourage to support each other when needed.

Article V: Aid
Both signatories shall agree that they will endeavor to contribute financial aid to the other party. Such aid must be within the limits of reality, and not without reason. Such requests for financial aid shall be placed in the other party's embassy and the leader shall have to acknowledge the aid request. An acceptable reason must be stated, or the requested aid will not be given. Also, aid requests may be rejected, though the other party must have a valid reason. Any aid requests made under false pretense shall be viewed as a breach of this treaty.

Article VI: Termination
This treaty shall only be terminated if either undersigned alliance chooses to exit this treaty or if Article I is found to be violated by a member alliance. If one of the undersigned chooses to terminate this pact, they must give 48 hours notice before the treaty is officially dissolved in which they remain fully bonded to the provisions contained therein.

[size="3"][b]Signed for GUN:
[/b][/size]
[b]Zenergy [/b]- External Trium
[b]Semperfidelist [/b]- Executive Trium
[b]Chocolate Cookies[/b], [i]aka CoCo[/i] - Internal Trium

[size="3"][b]Signed for NATO:
[/b][/size]
[b]AtheistRepublican [/b]- High Councilor Potentia
[b]Iskander [/b]- High Councilor Externus
[b]Pollexter[/b], [i]aka BritneysCokeDealer[/i] - High Councilor Augmentum
[/quote]

tl;dr: New Forums and Gov at www.globalunitednations.com/Upgraded to an MDoAP

o/GUN This charter is what we needed and were heading in a new direction. I couldn't be more proud of my leaders in recent times.

o/ NATO
You guys are so awesome that i'd interrupt a celebrity at an award ceremony to let everyone know.

Im glad that we have come this far, I guess as far as 2 alliances can get without being creepy ;)

[quote name='Tupac' date='23 February 2010 - 07:28 AM' timestamp='1266910088' post='2198751']
o/ NATO
You guys are so awesome that i'd interrupt a celebrity at an award ceremony to let everyone know.
[/quote]

[img]http://www.damonchernavsky.com/Pictures/Funny_Pictures/Imma_Let_You_Finish/imma-let-you-finish_gay-fish2.jpg[/img]

Sorry, Paco - I had to. :P

/me @#$%^ his GUN.
Bang bang!

Keep on shootin! You guys are awesome, especially with that nifty treaty you go there. ;)

Edit: No /me command and a language filter = fail forum. :P

Edited by GearHead

I'm proud to see all of this come together. A few months ago, we were nearly ready to fold. Instead, we got our act together and revamped the alliance with the future in mind. Ironically, the war helped us. It brought a lot of us back together at a time when we needed it most. o/ GUN!

[quote name='My Name Is Romance' date='23 February 2010 - 09:13 AM' timestamp='1266934402' post='2198969']
How long did zhaan own your forums for? Congrats on switching to new forums.
[/quote]

It's actually the same forums with an upgrade to 3.0.5, new skin, and new address. The forums changed hands a couple of times with Airgialla, Zenergy, and Some Chithead owning them for the last year and a half or so.

Dammit! Guys, I said SCREW the Constitution, not make a new Constitution. I said tear UP all our treaties, not upgrade them. And I said DUMP the forums, not pump them up. You never listen. <_<

Well, I guess we're stuck with this stuff now. ;)

o/ GUN
o7 NATO
o7 our other friends, old and new