Declaration of Neutrality

RiceDoc

The NCAAbbs alliance finds itself in a quandry. Some of its members, as a result of old friendships, the NCAAbbs membership finds that there are sympathies on both sides of the war. Some support one side; some support the other; some are live and let live hippies who don't desire to enter the war at all (oops, did I type that? DANG, my eraser doesn't work on this screen either. Such is life...). Additionally, the NCAAbbs has NO treaty obligations requiring it to support any alliance in the war. Therefore, the NCAAbbs hereby declares that it is NEUTRAL in this conflict, but is allowing its individual member nations to take whatever steps they believe appropriate, including supporting, trading with, fighting with (or against) whichever side their individual nations support/oppose. While the NCAAbbs is neutral, it will defend any NCAAbbs member which is attacked without provocation. Nothing herein prevents other NCAAbbs nations from supporting their fellow members, but rather such actions will be on an ad hoc and individual basis and NOT on an alliance wide basis. In short, if you attack an NCAAbbs nation without provocation, we will fight back, but we aren't looking to join the fight.

Just in case all of the above legalese is impossible for you to decipher, the cliff notes version is this: the NCAAbbs IS NEUTRAL. The individual nations within the NCAAbbs are free to take or not take whatever actions they deem appropriate on a nation by nation basis. This may mean that they end up fighting each other! However, since we support our family, unprovoked attacks on any NCAAbbs member shall be construed to be an attack on us all.

If you have any questions, ask me!

RiceDoc
Spokesperson for NCAAbbs.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='wickedj' date='14 February 2010 - 10:27 PM' timestamp='1266208061' post='2182166']
Dont you need a DoE before you can DoN?
[/quote]
The NCAAbbs has been in existence for over 4 years, so no DoE is required. Several years ago, the vast majority of its members moved to UPN, but a few stayed behind and kept the alliance going. Over the past several years, the original members of NCAAbbs scattered to various alliances. Now, with disagreements with the alliances they were in over the moral (or immoral, depending on your viewpoint) stances taken by those alliances, many of those original NCAAbbs members have chosen to go back to their roots and rejoin NCAAbbs. A few others have decided that they like the idea of an alliance without layers and layers of treaty obligations and have joined in. The net result is that the NCAAbbs has members that support both sides in the war. As noted by another poster, the support of some of those nations is evident from the war page in game. You will note that most nations in the NCAAbbs are conspicuously absent from those pages. Thus, while the alliance as a whole is not choosing to support either side, its member nations are free to follow their own senses of moral responsibility. This declaration was simply to alert everyone that this strange situation exists and that, while the alliance is neutral, its members may or may not be and are likely to be found on both sides of the conflict.

[quote name='nicktheww2fanatic' date='14 February 2010 - 11:58 PM' timestamp='1266209903' post='2182245']
so....you can't control your alliance?
[/quote]
Or he doesn't want to right now and is letting them go with what they think is right. I don't see anything wrong with them deciding this, interesting move.

[quote name='nicktheww2fanatic' date='14 February 2010 - 10:58 PM' timestamp='1266209903' post='2182245']
so....you can't control your alliance?
[/quote]

The NCAAbs is NOT a dictatorship. Rather, we're just one big, happy, disfunctional family. In other words normal! Our brothers and sisters are free to make their own decisions, but we support our own. If you insist on plugging it into one of your convenient little boxes, think of it as a bunch of nations with MDPs with each other. Is that really so hard to understand?

[quote name='nicktheww2fanatic' date='15 February 2010 - 12:02 AM' timestamp='1266210161' post='2182258']
at any rate, it is an alliance that serves no real purpose, and has no real future ahead of them on Bob
[/quote]
If we let that prevent people from starting alliances Planet Bob would be far less interesting.

I like the NCAAbbs, especially RiceDoc and Grendel (OOC: how's Rice looking in basketball Doc?) and I respect the way things are set up there and their neutrality. Good guys over there and, even though I have no idea the circumstances behind such things, I would have to say that the UPN war against Grendel is incredibly ungracious and surprising, especially coming from the person it is coming from.

[quote name='nicktheww2fanatic' date='14 February 2010 - 11:07 PM' timestamp='1266210432' post='2182265']
no, I was just wondering how you could call yourself an alliance
[/quote]

From Mr. Webster: Alliance (n) 1 a : the state of being allied : the action of allying b : a bond or connection between families, states, parties, or individuals <a closer alliance between government and industry>
2 : an association to further the common interests of the members; specifically : a confederation of nations by treaty
3 : union by relationship in qualities : affinity

All of those fit the NCAAbbs. Almost all of us started out on NCAAbbs.com as collegiate sports fans shooting the breeze, started playing this game together, have a common interest of the protection afforded by being banded together to defend each other. How could you say the NCAAbbs is NOT an alliance?