An announcement from ADI

Sometimes, friends find themselves heading in different directions. It is never a happy occasion to part ways with a friend, but sometimes it is a necessary evil. During this conflict, ADI watched one of their allies attack another close ally of theirs after telling ADI that they wished to stay out of the conflict entirely, and especially that they would not enter on an oA. It was during the events that followed that we at ADI have realized that there are some communication problems between ADI and WAPA, and that these problems cannot be resolved.

I am sad that it had to come to this, but I have informed WAPA of the enactment of Section VI of the Place Title Here Treaty:

[quote]Section VI - Termination

Should the need to remain friends to one another no longer be of benefit to either alliance, either alliance may initiate termination of this pact at any time; however, the withdrawing alliance must notify the other alliance through diplomatic channels 48 hours prior to doing this, except when the countersigned has violated Section II.[/quote]

The notice time frame has passed and this treaty is now considered void. I wish WAPA the best of luck in the future, and I am sorry it came to this. Perhaps we ca rebuild our friendship some day in the future when our paths and goals are not so opposed.

Signed for the Aqua Defense Initiative,

John Warbuck- Lord High Sentinel
Yuurei- Judicator
Archon Daverin- Arbiter
Kaplechistan- Arbiter
Lord Tri- Lord of Foreign Affairs

[center][img]http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy18/JohnShepard/DRAFT2.png[/img][/center]

Edited by John Warbuck

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[img]http://thejackenhacks.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/bandwagon-2.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.fairweatherfriends.com/images/greater-than.jpg[/img] [img]http://wpcontent.answers.com/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/90/Jay-treaty.jpg/300px-Jay-treaty.jpg[/img]

[quote]Feb 09 14:51:01 <Dumarest> supporting the TOP side would have been unthinkable for us
Feb 09 14:51:07 <Dumarest> regardless of treaties[/quote]

[QUOTE]
Feb 09 14:51:01 <Dumarest> supporting the TOP side would have been unthinkable for us
Feb 09 14:51:07 <Dumarest> regardless of treaties
[/QUOTE]

If this quote is accurate, I am in shock. Seriously WAPA? Don't you know what treaties are for?

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='13 February 2010 - 11:36 PM' timestamp='1266125792' post='2180324']
Blaming WAPA for being so fortunate to lose a treaty that would never be dependable...

You guys just made my day.
[/quote]
Yeah, ADI has not fought for her allies in this war at all. That makes sense. /end sarcasm

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='14 February 2010 - 12:36 AM' timestamp='1266125792' post='2180324']
Blaming WAPA for being so fortunate to lose a treaty that would never be dependable...

You guys just made my day.
[/quote]

Someone ignorantly 'saying bad things about' ADI, when they have been wonderful allies in this war... You just made my day. Thanks [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/happy.gif[/img]

edit: can't seem to remember that word is troublesome here

Edited by schmutte693

[quote name='Haflinger' date='14 February 2010 - 12:23 AM' timestamp='1266125030' post='2180284']
Yep, it's WAPA. Move along, nothing to see here.
[/quote]

This is especially rich coming from you, who has sat in peace mode since the war started, claiming to be too busy to spend the five minutes a day necessary to fight a war, but still manages to find plenty of time to spend on the forums and IRC.

[quote name='pezstar' date='14 February 2010 - 05:48 AM' timestamp='1266126483' post='2180352']
This is especially rich coming from you, who has sat in peace mode since the war started, claiming to be too busy to spend the five minutes a day necessary to fight a war, but still manages to find plenty of time to spend on the forums and IRC.
[/quote]

Indeed. Haflinger is a little pony.

[quote name='John Warbuck' date='14 February 2010 - 05:21 AM' timestamp='1266124863' post='2180280']
Sometimes, friends find themselves heading in different directions. It is never a happy occasion to part ways with a friend, but sometimes it is a necessary evil. During this conflict, ADI watched one of their allies attack another close ally of theirs after telling ADI that they wished to stay out of the conflict entirely, and especially that they would not enter on an oA. It was during the events that followed that we at ADI have realized that there are some communication problems between ADI and WAPA, and that these problems cannot be resolved.

I am sad that it had to come to this, but I have informed WAPA of the enactment of Section VI of the Place Title Here Treaty:

The notice time frame has passed and this treaty is now considered void. I wish WAPA the best of luck in the future, and I am sorry it came to this. Perhaps we ca rebuild our friendship some day in the future when our paths and goals are not so opposed.

Signed for the Aqua Defense Initiative,

John Warbuck- Lord High Sentinel
Yuurei- Judicator
Archon Daverin- Arbiter
Kaplechistan- Arbiter
Lord Tri- Lord of Foreign Affairs

[center][img]http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy18/JohnShepard/DRAFT2.png[/img][/center]
[/quote]

Thank God, I've always thought the world of WAPA. and them being treated to you always made me gag a little.

[quote name='John Warbuck' date='14 February 2010 - 12:41 AM' timestamp='1266126103' post='2180336']
Yeah, ADI has not fought for her allies in this war at all. That makes sense. /end sarcasm
[/quote]

There's a difference between fighting and fighting well...

There's also a little factor that you seem to be oh so in love with canceling on good people and every time it's their fault?

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='14 February 2010 - 01:05 AM' timestamp='1266127511' post='2180396']
Thank God, I've always thought the world of WAPA. and them being treated to you always made me gag a little.
[/quote]

\m/ makes me gag a lot....so I guess its cool then right?

[quote name='jamesdanaher' date='13 February 2010 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1266129170' post='2180463']
Have fun ADI.

Also- thread needs more RoK.
[/quote]

Hai. :wub:

Sad to see allies parting ways, ADI has a DoW coming in the near future, Bansky is an artist, [b]man[/b]!, thread needs more Soccerbro, etc etc etc ...