Clarification from The Legion

Last night/this morning I met with Sparta to discuss peace and to give them our resounding no to the demand of reps to the tune of 600 million on the grounds that we did not enter an aggressive war as they argued, but rather entered only defensively in support of IRON. Tulak countered that their General Assembly voted to give us white peace, no reps. After much deliberation I gave them this answer

[quote]Quote:
[12:10am] LordFingolfin: On Thursday, February 11th, 12:10 AM: I, Lord Fingolfin, Proconsul of The Legion exercise my executive authority in the absence of our Imperator in rejecting the offered terms of white peace from Sparta and all other involved parties. There will be blood
[12:11am] LordFingolfin: I shall see you all on the battlefield once more
[12:11am] LordFingolfin: You have left #peacesummit [/quote]

My authority was in turn overruled this evening by our Imperator, and we were ordered to seek white peace. In turn, our Consulate began veto proceedings to end the peace talks. In the midst of these proceedings and without our authorization, Sparta posted our surrender with sigs never provided to them. I do not recognize this peace as valid and we will fight to whatever end.

/s/

Lord Fingolfin
Proconsul of The Legion

Watcher
Minister of Economics of The Legion

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='The AUT' date='12 February 2010 - 03:47 AM' timestamp='1265946470' post='2176356']
The Legion: Faking signatures, really?
Sparta: This.. is.. Spartaaaaaa!
The Legion: Alright, have fun with that.
[/quote]

Uh, sounds more like a case of the gov revolting against the leader's decision than faking signitures.

This war is $%&@ed up in every way imaginable.

Edited by Kindom of Goon

As a subordinate government officer to the Imperator, I proceeded as directed by the Imperator to attend the peace negotiations with Sparta. During the course of said peace discussions, an internal veto of the Imperator's decisions was begun. Final signatures were never provided to Sparta or its allies. Unfortunately I could not issue our final signatures to Sparta with the pending veto action looming.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='11 February 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1265946672' post='2176379']
If you don't like the decision your leader made on his own, this is not the type of situation you get to just "take it back" from. Coup him, re-enter, whatever, but as it stands now your leader signed a peace agreement.
[/quote]

I believe what the OP is saying is that there is a process involved with such a decision and that said process was not followed, thus no surrender.

[quote name='Coursca' date='11 February 2010 - 07:52 PM' timestamp='1265946763' post='2176388']
I believe what the OP is saying is that there is a process involved with such a decision and that said process was not followed, thus no surrender.
[/quote]
^^

this