Reposting Odp Hog and DOW

"Heroes of The Mob"

Preamble:
In recognition of the friendship between The Mafia and Heroes of Gaming (HoG) this Optional Defense Pact/ PAIT is Signed

Article I ~ Sovereignty and Non-Aggression

1. Both HoG and The Mafia will remain sovereign alliances with their own governments
2. Both HoG and The Mafia agree to treat each other as friends and not do anything that would harm the other in public channels of communication

Article II ~ Optional Defense

1. Both HoG and The Mafia are encouraged but not required to defend
each other from aggressive attacks on the other
2. This does not include Offensive attacks by either signatory

Article III ~ Communication and Intelligence

1. Any Intelligence relevant to either HoG or The Mafia will be shared through the correct channels in a speedy and timely manner
2. Both HoG and The Mafia agree to keep open communication with the other through both embassies and IRC channels

Article IV ~ Aid and Trade

1. Both HoG and The Mafia may request aid from the other party, though it is optional it is highly encouraged
2. Repayment of aid will be discussed upon by the alliance leaders or waived altogether
3. HoG and The Mafia will agree to set up tech circles between the two alliances for the benefit of both parties

Article V ~ Cancellation

1. If either HoG or The Mafia feels as this agreement is no longer beneficial they must give the other party a 48 hour warning period before cancellation
2. The treaty will remain in effect for the 48 hour period before cancellation

Signed (date)
Signed for The Mafia-
Don - Serberus
MOFA- Stoned
MoIA - Carvell
MoF- Stoned
MoE-Crazyguy495
MoW- Carden VonDraken

Signed for Heroes of Gaming
Joesse-Ed Deline
Coolgreen44-Danny McCoy
FFfanaticx-Mike Cannon
danizduhman-Nessa Holt
exps hog-Sam Marquez
rustoria-Mary Connell
gawz_one-Delinda Deline
Acc10422- Piper Nielsen
Danny12-Mitch
Wardeathfun-Jillian Deline
djnivek2007-Polly
mylastrequest-Kathy Berson
Rozalia-Luis Perez (RIP)

2/8/2010

Even though the cancellation was due to miss communication we have resigned and now declare a state of war with Veritas Aequitas to help out our friends at Hog so yeah so you guys on the battlefield.

Edited by bushido generation

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Desperado' date='08 February 2010 - 09:04 PM' timestamp='1265691874' post='2169861']
I Love these late treaties!
[/quote]

We had the treaty already.

It is being reposted since a lot of Mafia's gov left to form a different alliance.

Thanks for the help guys.

[quote name='Rey the Great' date='08 February 2010 - 09:08 PM' timestamp='1265692118' post='2169884']
Even if the feeling to help is genuinely there, this is poor form by signing on a new treaty during war (if it was cancelled, it's new now)
[/quote]

It was resigned just not posted. Mafia takes a while to post and some such.

[quote name='Steinfeld' date='09 February 2010 - 12:09 AM' timestamp='1265692140' post='2169888']
Is this legal? like.... to do this...

btw just b/c someone does something, doesn't mean its legal.
[/quote]

According to PC, DT and all those guys, treaties are 100% irrelevant. So I guess they can do whatever they want. Well over half the people in this war were not required to be here, and probably half of those technically shouldn't have declared on at least one of the alliances they did declare on.

[quote name='Steinfeld' date='08 February 2010 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1265692140' post='2169888']
Is this legal? like.... to do this...

btw just b/c someone does something, doesn't mean its legal.
[/quote]
I'm sure you've heard "All's fair in love and war" before. Doesn't mean people can't form opinions, but there's no real boundaries of what you can and can't do in war, [OOC] well, there is in-game. [/OOC]

[quote name='Zikawe' date='08 February 2010 - 11:10 PM' timestamp='1265692230' post='2169900']
It was resigned just not posted. Mafia takes a while to post and some such.
[/quote]
In all honesty, someone should have been ready to post upon signing. If it was resigned I see no reason why they wouldn't repost it.

Edited by Rey the Great

[quote name='sethb' date='09 February 2010 - 12:05 AM' timestamp='1265691933' post='2169872']
So you resigned an ODP just so you could retroactively declare war?
[/quote]
To be fair, the treaty's date is left in a pristine "fill-in-your-own" state, so it's effective from whatever date you feel like.

[quote name='bushido generation' date='09 February 2010 - 12:02 AM' timestamp='1265691735' post='2169846']
Signed (date)
[/quote]

[quote name='Rey the Great' date='08 February 2010 - 09:11 PM' timestamp='1265692289' post='2169909']
I'm sure you've heard "All's fair in love and war" before. Doesn't mean people can't form opinions, but there's no real boundaries of what you can and can't do in war, [OOC] well, there is in-game. [/OOC]

In all honesty, someone should have been ready to post upon signing. If it was resigned I see no reason why they wouldn't repost it.
[/quote]

We have not posted all of our treaties. I personally don't think HoG announcements are all that exciting, and unless it is really needed we don't always post it. I know other alliances also don't post all there treaties, or treaty cancellations, maybe just update the wiki and main forums.

[quote name='Zikawe' date='08 February 2010 - 11:17 PM' timestamp='1265692636' post='2169931']
We have not posted all of our treaties. I personally don't think HoG announcements are all that exciting, and unless it is really needed we don't always post it. I know other alliances also don't post all there treaties, or treaty cancellations, maybe just update the wiki and main forums.
[/quote]
Fair enough. It just seemed a little odd to me the way this was posted.

We had originally canceled on Mafia because we had had little to no contact with them for a long time, but after they saw our posting, Mafia contacted us explaining the situation to us, and why they hadn't been in contact. We'd planned to post, but with the war and all going on, it had seemed weird at the time to post it. We then requested Mafia's help, and didn't want it to look as though they were entering for no reason. So sorry it looks like we're posting randomly :P

[quote name='Atanatar' date='08 February 2010 - 09:10 PM' timestamp='1265692258' post='2169907']
I agree with Rey. I asked because I was curious about the length between cancellation of the old treaty and the signage of this new treaty and new gov.
[/quote]

we didn't realize it had been cancelled and we wanted to help.
so we resigned it before HoG was attacked, but kept it hush hush so we didn't ruin the surprise!

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='08 February 2010 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1265694327' post='2170027']
Wait, Mafia honors treaties? I thought they just canceled at the first sign of war. Good to see you guys have changed I guess. Dissapointing to see you attack BTO's protector. Best of luck with these guys VA.
[/quote]

we realize that we weren't at our best before. we are actively trying to rectify that image. we joined in with that being one of our reasons.