Sajasabie goes to war

KingNai

Amidst the great war going on the tiny, not even recognized Alliance Sajasabie decides to take on a defense position for a group raided nations, attacked by one alliance. With a slight advantage, but knowing that the opposing alliance, FORA(Forite Order of Raids and Anarchy), would have financial backing, we decided to defend the raided nations until they got on their feet.

Reason: Raiding of active nations
Why you might ask. Because being raided and overpowered early in the game can bring on some displeasure of the game, it is our goal to keep all nations having fun.

Peace: When the raided nations acquire peace, or they all have a minimum of 4 days of inactivity, unless they contact us. The rest is weather FORA will hold a grudge or not

For The Peaple, and at your side,
~King Nai of Sajasabie

[quote]1) You are not going to change our policies. We will raid as we please, and if you refuse to accept that we will happily wage war on you until you do. This war isn't over when you say it's over; it's over when WE say it's over.

2) For the trouble you've caused us, your alliance won't be getting peace until you agree to hand over 150 tech to the nation of our choice, and to never interfere with us again.

3) Any whining, political grandstanding or hedging on these terms will only result in the terms getting harsher next time they're offered, and in the further destruction of your nations for a hopeless cause.

4) Any individual member of Sajasabie that would like to surrender and save what's left of their nations may do so by switching to the AA "FORA POW" until the end of the war, offering peace in all wars, and ceasing all attacks against us.

Have a nice day.[/quote]

This is the official position of FORA. Note there is an edit on this message versus the original sent to our opponents. The original said we would perma-zi them until they complied with our terms. However, after discussing it with my alliance leader we've decided to remove the term Perma-zi as it represents something we are not about, even if the term was used in the wrong context.

However, let us be clear that we will remain at war with these fine gents until they meet our demands or respond with a counter-offer that is suitable to my alliance.

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

That's rich. First, world police shows up. Then, the 8 nation alliance he's attempting to "educate" shows up, and states their position quite boldly.

You know, PC, \m/ & the goonies might show up at your 8 nation alliance's doorstep someday soon. They'll probably tell you the same thing, "We will raid as we please, and if you refuse to accept that we will happily wage war on you until you do."

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' date='08 February 2010 - 04:19 PM' timestamp='1265617186' post='2168483']
This is the official position of FORA. Note there is an edit on this message versus the original sent to our opponents. The original said we would perma-zi them until they complied with our terms. However, after discussing it with my alliance leader we've decided to remove the term Perma-zi as it represents something we are not about, even if the term was used in the wrong context.

However, let us be clear that we will remain at war with these fine gents until they meet our demands or respond with a counter-offer that is suitable to my alliance.
[/quote]
The original said you'd perma-ZI until they complied to your demands that they stop defending themselves? Your current terms amount to exactly that; they will not be given peace (ie. they will be continuously attacked) until they cough up 150 tech (which is about 94% of their top nation's tech). In other words, you'll keep them at war (and thus ZI) until they decide to cough up everything they have. Some choice.

I hope you get rolled, FORA.

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' date='08 February 2010 - 04:43 PM' timestamp='1265618593' post='2168502']You'll note that I also said that we are willing to entertain a reasonable counter-offer. They started this, they need to find a better way to end it other than they seem to have at this moment.[/quote]
Their counter-offer is that you stop raiding them. I don't see the issue.

[quote](Section 3: Tech Raiding)
Tech raids cannot and will not be preformed on an active nation. The nation must say at least inactive for 5 days before a raid can be commenced and war cannot be declared(see section 2). Any nation breaking this rule forfeits any assistance by alliance members, specifically the alliance head.[/quote]

This is taken directly off their wiki page, please do not assume this is some roving group of White Knights you are hearing from.

As I had said, we are unrecognized, just here to have fun. We saw some newbies being harassed and we decided to help. Some haven't been on after they got crushed. There were 4 being attacked when we started the whole ordeal.

Edit: [quote]This is taken directly off their wiki page, please do not assume this is some roving group of White Knights you are hearing from.[/quote]We never considered attacking you a raid, it was defending weak nations. we weren't there to benifit, just keep you low until they get back on their feet.

Edited by KingNai

Noble enough sentiment I suppose, and one I'd be inclined to support if the situation was different. It does give us some common ground for discussion, we will not stop tech raiding, and I suspect you will not stop defending the weak. Make a mutually agreeable proposal that doesn't include dictating how we will run our alliance, and we'll see what happens after that.

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

[quote name='KingNai' date='08 February 2010 - 06:54 PM' timestamp='1265619257' post='2168514']
As I had said, we are unrecognized, just here to have fun. We saw some newbies being harassed and we decided to help. Some haven't been on after they got crushed. There were 4 being attacked when we started the whole ordeal.
[/quote]

Were these 'newbies' in your alliance? If not, then you have no business interfering. If they were, then the other party simply should just stop raiding aligned nations.

[quote name='x Tela x' date='08 February 2010 - 02:31 AM' timestamp='1265617892' post='2168490']
You know, PC, \m/ & the goonies might show up at your 8 nation alliance's doorstep someday soon. They'll probably tell you the same thing, "We will raid as we please, and if you refuse to accept that we will happily wage war on you until you do."
[/quote]

I don't think we would raid our own protectorate. :P

What would be even more amusing, is if this somehow spiraled into an even bigger war than the one now, just like the whole thing with TOP and CnG spiraled out of NpO-\m/. That would make it an unprecedented 3x Alliance War Combo.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' date='08 February 2010 - 09:19 PM' timestamp='1265627948' post='2168561']
No these newbies were not in their alliance, and no we have no intention of stopping our raids.
[/quote]

First, you have no case to answer to then. It would appear you have sought out appropriate raid targets.

Secondly, I wasn't and would not ask you to stop your raiding, its your alliance, and your policy. However with that said, I urge you to [i]continue[/i] to find targets that have no alliance affiliation.

Here are some facts about the Sajasabie war against FORA (On Sajasabie's side). 1) Sajasabie declared war against FORA to weaken their military and stall any impending raids, Sajasabie did not wish them to STOP raiding indefinitely. Contrary to things being said about Sajasabie trying to change policies, Sajasabie wishes to keep 'none' (no AA) nations growing, seeing as they do not have an alliance to help them grow. The FORA policy of mass raiding was something Sajasabie knew it could not change, we simply hoped to stall any more raids by declaring an actual war on FORA.

If this war is to continue, please allow Great Khanate and GrubbyGames to peace out, the have been, and it's not fun to be crushed now.

The very first time I played cybernations, I got raided before even a month, 1 raid led to two, then three and then I was done. It wasn't fun having people overpower my nation simply for the tiny bit of tech I had.
Now if you look at the raided Albionn. His nation wasn't even a month old when The Can raided him. (That is a newbie)
Is that what is wanted? People to be crushed so bad that they won't want to play anymore?

For me, allow my two small nations to go free, they are here to have fun, to myself a big war is fun. But
1) You will never be given anything from me. If you want 150 tech you're gonna have to take it the hard way.
2) An all out microalliance war would be fun. It would make newbies take sides rather then stay unaligned
3) Donno why I put a 3, it just worked
4) I like defending weak players.

Edited by KingNai