A Joint VA and WFF Announcement

mankiller

A Day in the Life...

It was just one of those normal winter days; the air was cold and the trees were dead. A bald man in a black suit with a red tie was sitting at his usual table at the local coffee shop, reading the daily newspaper. "WAR! - The storm is coming!" The headline said. With a small nod at the continuation of the front page article on page 3, he took a sip from his smoking hot black coffee with no sugar or milk, and then flipped the news paper over to the recruitment ads on page 7. With a sniff and a grimace, he folded the newspaper and placed it on the table in front of him. As the bald man was taking another sip of his coffee, a man stepped into the coffee shop. The man wore a brown fedora with a black band, and a dark gray trench coat. He walked over to the man in the black suit and sat down opposite him. The bald man recognized the face with a scar over his left eye. It was his good friend, the Skymarshal of the World Freedom Federation, Nord Belka.

For a few minutes, the two men stared into each others eyes. Then slowly, Nord opened his mouth and said: "Been some time, hasn't it?" The bald man tapped his finger on his right cheek. He then answered: "Ya think?" With a smile, Nord picked up the newspaper and looked at the front page. "These are interesting times... It's going to be a lot of fun." They then continued to stare at each other.

After a few moments, they both started to laugh. "Damnit mank! One day you gotta teach me that pokerface." Nord said, looking rather smug. "Heh, maybe one day I will." mank said, leaning slightly forward. Nord looked around, he then quickly wrote something on a small pieace of paper, and then he slided it over to mank accross the table. mank picked it up and read it. With a nod he said: "I agree, I think we should do that... I'll make the call." With that, mank took his mobile phone out of his pocket and started to type. "Oh damn, I gotta get back to the office."And with that, Nord stood up. The two men shaked hands, and as they did, Nord said: "It'll be a pleasure." Then he walked out the door at a swift pace. With a smile, mank pressed the call botton on his mobile and then put it to his ear. With a small hint of joy in his voice, he relayed the good news.

"Yeah, it's me, get the guns and the Yellowjuiceâ„¢, we have a treaty..."

[quote][center][b][size="5"]Share and Conquer[/size][/b]
[b][size="4"]Optional Defence Pact[/size][/b]
[i]Veritas Aequitas and the World Freedom Federation[/i]

[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/2cik9si.png[/img] [img]http://i48.tinypic.com/24whn9i.png[/img][/center]

[u][b]Preamble[/b][/u]
In an atmosphere of friendship and mutual respect, the undersigned Alliances, Veritas Aequitas and World Freedom Federation pledge to uphold the following articles of this Optional Defense Pact.

[u][b]Article I: Sovereignty (We're us)[/b][/u]
At the signing of this treaty, both WFF and VA agree that they consider each other sovereign entities.

[u][b]Article II: Nonaggression (That means no shady stuff!)[/b][/u]
None of the nations listed as members of either alliance may declare war on any nation of the other signatory alliance. Providing aid, be it in the form of military, money, technology, or knowledge, to enemies of the other, or commit acts of espionage against the other, is a strict no-no.

[u][b]Article III: Friendship (Spread the love)[/b][/u]
Both VA and WFF like each other a lot. Therefore members and leaders alike, of both alliances, agree that they will treat each other with respect, decency and understanding, as they would show their own alliance brothers and sisters. Healthy and heartily debates, discussions about everything and nothing, as well as constructive criticism, are not restricted. Both signatory alliances and their members are however expected to show maturity, consideration and tact by going through the right ways and channels, if and when they have a concern to address.

[u][b]Article IV: Aid (Spare a dime)[/b][/u]
If it so happens, that one signatory alliance, were to become the subject of a violent episode, said alliance would look in the other signatory alliance' direction. The other alliance should be willing to contribute and help the alliance in need with financial aid.

[u][b]Article V: Intelligence (Knowledge is power)[/b][/u]
The signatory alliances both agree that they will share, and pass on, any and all information regarding the other signatory alliance when information is obtained. Sharing of said information will be carried out in the proper and private channels.

[u][b]Article VI: Optional Military Assistance (Can we share?)[/b][/u]
None of the signatory alliances are legally obligated to request military assistance, however, should such a request be made by one alliance to the other, the other alliance is highly encouraged to jump in and participate. The encouraged alliance should have a vote in their council or other form of decision making body, to determine if assistance should be granted. If no request is made by one of the alliance' which is in need of military aid and intervention, it is still highly encouraged that the other alliance comes to the aid of the other.

[u][b]Article VII: Withdrawal (It's embarrassing enough as it is)[/b][/u]
If either signatory alliance feels that this treaty has been unjustly violated and diplomatic negotiations have not offered any sort of resolution, they have the right to withdraw from the treaty by the expressed will of either alliance's respective decision making bodies. Notification of withdrawal from the treaty must be given to the other signatory alliance seventy-two (72) hours in advance of the cancellation.

[u][b]Signed for Veritas Aequitas[/b][/u]

Erixxxx
[i]Lord Protector[/i]

mankiller
[i]Lord of Foreign Affairs[/i]

Amanita phalloides
[i]Lord of Armed Forces[/i]

boskosbigdawgs
[i]Lord of Economic Development[/i]

wanderofys
[i]Lord of Recruitment[/i]

discojames
[i]Lord of Internal Affairs[/i]

[u][b]Signed for the World Freedom Federation[/b][/u]

Nord Belka
[i]Skymarshal[/i]

Chazz
[i]Deputy Skymarshal[/i]

Merdesa
[i]Deputy Skymarshal[/i][/quote]

[quote name='Imperium of Poliz' date='03 February 2010 - 12:16 AM' timestamp='1265152593' post='2154033']
Woooot!!! A great day for both our AA's! :D

Thanks to everyone who made this happen! And WHAT a preamble! I wonder who was responsible for that awesomeness...

>.>
<.<

o/ WFF!
o/ VA!
[/quote]
I think mankiller came up with it during his lunchbreak. :P